BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Tinashe - Light Up The Night
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 27th September 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Supposedly coming next week.

A snippet can be heard here

Sounds really 2009 (and a bit of a guilty pleasure) but not what I or anyone wants FFS... oh T. sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 27th September 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

I think it's coming out this week.

Either way, I agree that it sounds really outdated and a downgrade of Aquarius. I mean, these aren't the songs from Tinashe I'm looking forward to.

+Quote this post
mdh
post 27th September 2017, 06:30 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

QUOTE(Juan Carlos 🌴 @ Sep 27 2017, 03:32 AM) *
I mean, these aren't the songs from Tinashe I'm looking forward to.
This - nothing I've heard from her has justified all the hype she's getting... she just comes across as an average singer with average music so I really don't get all the obsession with her.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 27th September 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

That sounds f***ing awful.

I hope this is just an old demo and they are releasing something else as the next single. After 'Flame' flopping she was supposedly working with Mike Will Made It and TM88 (who just produced 'XO Tour Llif3') so I was expecting her to somewhat get her shit together and go back to making R&B bops.

EDIT: I think this may be a false alarm (thank f***) because some producer called HitMaka has tweeted saying he has produced the new Tinashe single and captioned it #RNS. He also produced this bop so I don't believe that he will have also produced this complete misfire:

Hope can somewhat be held out... for now.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 28th September 2017, 10:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

As Jonjo said in the OP, this is very 2009 and not in a good way laugh.gif The chorus almost sounds Eurovision-esque (not a diss) but this is definitely not the music that she should be making mellow.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th September 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I couldn't even make it to the end of that. Weak production, weak song generally.

C'mon Tinashe, you can do better than this.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th September 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #7
Group icon

It's good in a BJSC 2009 smash sort of way. I would not use this as an example to show others why Tinashe is so special though. It's like one of those BJSC songs that would likely have won, but suffered due to being dated in the best of contests etc..

So, SO disappointed. sad.gif (I will never give up on her though pirate.gif) is she still with RCA? I really don't understand how the f*** they messed up with someone like her after 'All My Friends'... It really baffles me. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th September 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

This sounds straight out of Kristina DeBarge's demo bin in 2009, such a disappointment sad.gif

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 28th September 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

Maybe its just her?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th September 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #10
Group icon

RCA are chasing a hit. I think Tinashe herself has said this. 'Flame' had a couple of performances, but RCA didn't pay enough to get her on big Spotify/Apple playlists or strike a strong enough deal with radio for it to have any real impact. They're so desperate to get a hit, but they're not capitalising enough to get one/giving her dated tracks like this and (as much as I love it) 'Superlove'.

It's annoying coz I feel like with her last mixtape, she was getting her buzz back. I sawed so many articles praising 'Company' and the video! So it's def less her, than it is the label imo.

But then again, this could be (and probably is) me being a blind stan tbh. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th September 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I do feel like they have screwed her over at various intervals. The whole Aquarius era deserved better but I felt it did enough to give her a platform to build on. Then she just sporadically released a slew of really weak singles since then which killed any chance she might have had.

'Flame' probably did have potential, but I think it's been clear for quite some time now that it's just not gonna happen for her and she's missed the boat.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: 28th September 2017, 12:30 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 28th September 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Oh bless her sad.gif

This is not what she should be doing at all, Aquarius was SUCH a good album but everything since then has fell flat. I suppose I liked 'Player' though.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 28th September 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

I think it's good, but a big step down from Flame and her previous singles, although apparently this may just be a buzz single. According to the YouTube comments, Tinashe said it isn't for Joyride.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th September 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Ok. This def isn't a single. Thank the Lord. (But this isn't even "buzz single" worthy!!

Someone said they're looking forward to hearing her new single and she replied "Soon come" so yay.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 28th September 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #15
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

She needs to leave her label and sign with someone who will actually promote her

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th September 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #16
Group icon

Ok. So apparently this is only a theme song for the NFL Thursday Night show or whatever. *phew*

Kinda rested a bit more tbh.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 28th September 2017, 11:28 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Why did she even bother putting this out there if it isn't a new single from her?

People might actually stumble across it and listen to it and think this is the kind of trash music she makes. Way to hurt your already struggling brand even more so.

Everything about this is terrible. And for it to come from someone who clearly DOES have such an ear for great melodies and fantastic production (all those outstanding mixtapes self-produced in her bedroom), I am shocked. Delete this now and let me forget this was ever a thing.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th September 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #18
Group icon

I imagine she had zero say in this and only did it for a quick paycheck. The NFL is a huge show in the States, so it's a pretty big deal and I doubt most people who watch the show will be bothered about who is singing it and whatnot haha.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:25 PM