BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> eternal sunshine • 7th album, 8th March 2024
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 27th February 2024, 01:58 AM
Post #61
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

In case anybody wants a summary of the interview, here's one courtesy of Sanctuary on PopJustice! -

Recording a new album after 4 years:
- She wasn't going to make music until after Wicked II came out; later says to Zach that she thought their next interview about an album would have taken place in 2027.
- Says the strike gave her some free time to let some things out and she did most of the recording by herself at Jungle City Studios for a few weeks.
- Says her relationship to music has healed and changed by taking space from it. That getting to play a character gave her clarity from having to be a caricature of who she is in order to be a pop star. "I used to feel like I had to be pop star Ari 90% of the time and human Ari 10% of the time but I feel like human Ari now 99% of the time"

Wicked and acting:
- Hints she wants to continue giving a bit more space between releases to keep that balance.
- Said Wicked was basically a two-year long process of auditions and what she was doing in secret during The Voice.
- Felt that Galinda taught her how to take up space and not be so apologetic for her wants and needs.
- A tour for Eternal Sunshine is 'TBD' since "the next year is planned". If it was something, it'd be a shorter tour, but nothing is ready to start planning. Says the Sweetener World tour was really hard emotionally for her but not because of touring and more-so where she felt personally at the time. That, like with recording, the time away has helped her miss "doing shows" and get back into the mindset of being happy at the idea of them.

Hints about the album:
- There's a song with lyrics where she references herself as "babygirl". Zach said he got the impression it was her talking to her younger self.
- Returning to Saturn in terms of astrology is a main theme of the album
- The lyrics "say everything and nothing at the same time", "vague but very specific all at once". You can tell Zach is trying to navigate how to ask how to frame her addressing the Ethan stuff.
- Said she cried a lot during the album, even when "writing the bops". Says "there's a lot of bops" despite the "emotional context being 'like woah'".
- She felt very reactive during the writing process and so she did a second pass of the songs to make sure she felt she was writing from a place of love. Referenced "Track 2" ("Bye") and how the subject matter might be assumed as a "f*** you" but she approaches it in terms of "love and transparency". "Giving credit for trying, for the goodness that there was".
- Measurably uncomfortable with some of the songs being misinterpreted since she plays into ideas people have about her as part of the concept. It's "hellish to see people you love and yourself be misunderstood".
- Says she knows some fans will be upset the album is short but she feels it's a "really concise record" and that's why she didn't put out any single beforehand besides "yes, and?" cause she wants it heard in full.
- Zach said it was "nostalgic yet present at the same time" in terms of sound.

Leaks and Fantasize:
- Re-confirms Fantasize was never for her project. It was for a TV project and she seemed frustrated still it leaked.
- Jokes that the people who stole her music should have tried to sell them back to her to not leak, says she hopes she sees them in jail.
- (Jokingly) calls "you all' hypocrites for how much love Fantasize got.
- Said there's a song on the album that "took the note" of re: Fantasize and it's like "Ariana's version" of Fantasize. "Some of those seedlings from [those sessions] made it onto the album."
- Zach mentions AI covers and asks if she's heard any of them. Says she finds the whole concept terrifying.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th February 2024, 05:40 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Eusexua
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Thanks for sharing that summary Jay as I haven’t had time to watch yet! wub.gif

I imagine part 2 will be more eternal sunshine-centric as it seems she barely gave anything away in that one.

Full track list is out:

intro (end of the world)
bye
don’t wanna break up again
saturn returns (interlude)
eternal sunshine
supernatural
true story
the boy is mine
yes, and?
we can’t be friends (wait for your love)
i wish i hated you
imperfect for you
ordinary things (feat. nonna)

Omg at her grandma being the sole feature laugh.gif

+Quote this post
John-James
post 27th February 2024, 08:53 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665

QUOTE(JLJ @ Feb 26 2024, 06:10 PM) *
I wonder if she can challenge for her best pure sales opening yet with this?

Does anyone have a Ariana albums sales for week one list? (With the pure sales). I can definitely see it happening just with the variants and artworks.

Yours Truly - 7,164
My Everything- 23,766
Dangerous Woman - 14,278
Sweetener - 27,306
thank u, next - 21,403
Positions - 9,172

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th February 2024, 08:53 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Eusexua

Watched it now - indeed part 2 is going to be a track-by-track run down cheer.gif

A point of interest for me in part 1 not yet covered was the red theming of the album partially being inspired by one of Clementine's ever-changing hair colours in the movie:

Although the cover that is being used for Spotify isn't even one of the red ones:

This was probably my favourite moment of the interview:

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th February 2024, 03:48 PM
Post #65
Group icon
Eusexua

She appears to be teasing music video #2:

Perhaps for the title track? The outfit looks very Clementine inspired 💗

+Quote this post
Jordanlee1402
post 1st March 2024, 12:33 PM
Post #66
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

QUOTE(John-James @ Feb 27 2024, 08:53 PM) *
Yours Truly - 7,164
My Everything- 23,766
Dangerous Woman - 14,278
Sweetener - 27,306
thank u, next - 21,403
Positions - 9,172

Thank you for this!

Well I can definitely see this having more physicals than positions just due to the pre order length and different variants. I feel like she could possibly actually get her biggest physicals week yet. We’ll soon find out next week when the albums released.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st March 2024, 12:36 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 29 2024, 03:48 PM) *
She appears to be teasing music video #2:

Perhaps for the title track? The outfit looks very Clementine inspired 💗

Fab boots!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd March 2024, 11:15 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Eusexua

<3 so excited for everything coming next week

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd March 2024, 11:16 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Eusexua

Ariana flew out some super fans who run big stan accounts to hear the album early ohmy.gif

One of the fans in question said Ari's favourites from the album were: 'eternal sunshine', 'we can't be friends' and 'imperfect for you'!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th March 2024, 07:27 PM
Post #70
Group icon
Eusexua

Just three days to go now! 🌞

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th March 2024, 06:05 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Eusexua

Looks like a Zane Lowe interview is coming tomorrow! Here for all the promo this time.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 6th March 2024, 08:05 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Does anyone else have a feeling this is going to be her best album?

+Quote this post
DanielsAloud
post 7th March 2024, 01:40 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 119,363

My "eternal sunshine" CD and "yes, and?" remix CD have both been dispatched! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 7th March 2024, 02:36 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Why do I feel like there is hardly any album hype this time around?

I hope the quality is good...

+Quote this post
¡Mike Rotch!
post 7th March 2024, 02:39 PM
Post #75
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Davidson @ Mar 7 2024, 02:36 PM) *
Why do I feel like there is hardly any album hype this time around?

I hope the quality is good...

There isn't. The bad chart days are over - and all the over the top promo is giigng me Witness vibes - but I think the album is gonna be great, and that's all we can ask for

+Quote this post
Jade
post 7th March 2024, 06:32 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Eusexua

Zane Lowe interview is here! A few mins in and she looks fantastic heart.gif

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 6 2024, 08:05 PM) *
Does anyone else have a feeling this is going to be her best album?

Dangerous Woman is such a high bar for me but am really hoping to love this after 'yes, and?' and an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind theme, cannot wait to hear! I'm barely going to have any free time tomorrow but you best believe I'll be spamming over the weekend tongue.gif

QUOTE(DanielSwift @ Mar 7 2024, 01:40 PM) *
My "eternal sunshine" CD and "yes, and?" remix CD have both been dispatched! cheer.gif

My vinyl and remix CD have shipped too cheer.gif have procrastinated on ordering any CD copies of the album yet but might go with the bundle of 4, I'll draw the line at multiple vinyl copies though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th March 2024, 05:32 AM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Giving this a spin now. the boy is mine. SLAPS.
Saturn Returns Interlude into eternal sunshine. SLAPS.
The run until yes, and? Sublime.

This is her best album by far.
This is the best album this year so far, alas. It’s March laugh.gif

Unexpected, pretty flawless in my opinion apart from one track. My only criticism, too short.
I wish I could give this another spin, but I need to PASS OUT. I am giving “the boy is mine” and “we can’t be friends” another spin before I fall asleep however.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 8th March 2024, 05:44 AM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee1402
post 8th March 2024, 08:31 AM
Post #78
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I gave this a listen on the way to work and I already need to listen again.

On first listen pretty much the whole thing was strong. Often with Ariana she can have some pretty funky tracklisting orders but with this album it was pretty seamless and it flowed pretty well throughout.

bye, don’t wanna break up again, we can’t be friends and imperfect for you stood out the most for me on first listen. I’ll definitely be replaying this over the weekend though and seeing what else stands out and how my ranking fares.

yes, and? Is kinda the odd one out on the album in the sense that it’s the most different sounding maybe that’s why it was the lead? But it isn’t representative of the album now I’ve heard the whole thing.

There was some review id seen last week where someone who’d heard the album early said it was like the best parts of the Sweetener and thank u, next eras and I kind of see that from hearing it.

For me (this may just down to taste) but I think it’s stronger than positions a whole album just off first listen (although that did grow). So far impressed though.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 8th March 2024, 10:24 AM
Post #79
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I've only heard 4 tracks so far but I can already tell it's her best album since Dangerous Woman with very considerable ease.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 8th March 2024, 10:40 AM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

I don't usually like whole Ari albums, usually it's just the singles plus a couple of others, but this... is just brilliant all the way through! Her best album for me hands down. 'imperfect for you' is probably my favourite track on there.

This post has been edited by Mangø: 8th March 2024, 10:41 AM

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd September 2024, 05:52 AM