BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Poll: which 10 songs should make the final cut for a tour
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Next Tour's Setlist
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
milly
post Jun 14 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540
I chose only tracks that have not been singles and I tried to be objective and I included almost all songs where Mark and Howard have leads, so that all fans have their fair share of options.
Choose only 10 songs from the list!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dylan62
post Jun 14 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185
I don't know if my vote was registered, but sorry Milly but couldn't get it down to 10, really couldn't. Assuming my original 10 was register these are the other I would also go for:

Wait
Eight Letters
Don't Say Goodbye
The Day The Work Is Done
LAHAM
WCIWUWY
Another Crack

I think I voted for: Nobody Else, Holding Back The Tears, LINLUAA, Butterfly, Sleepwalking, SIA, WYBTDM,CMH, We All Fall Down, AKSIL ?

This post has been edited by dylan62: Jun 14 2016, 08:51 PM

+Quote this post
jay727
post Jun 14 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273
Good to see Holding back the tears and sleepwalking doing well so far!

I sort of wish they'd re-record the first 3 albums with their voices now.

Would love to hear the BW version of Give Good Feeling too!

+Quote this post
milly
post Jun 14 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I only allowed 10 choices in the idea that, if the boys ever let fans choose part of the setlist, it should be fair - the boys get to decide their half of the setlist and we get to choose the rest (they're usually doing around 20-22 songs).

I'd have chosen a lot more myself, dylan smile.gif There are 2 songs that I desperately want to hear live: WYBTFM and Don't Say Goodbye and then a lot of songs I really love- unfortunately I had to leave out Flaws, despite it being one of my favorites. I thought that we had the chance to hear Flaws live, so I opted for songs we've never heard before live.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 15 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
From the list provided the 5 songs more than any i would welcome to be performed are:

Eight Letters
How did it come to this
Carry Me Home
LoveLife
Love Aint Here Anymore.

Love aint here anymore more was the single that didn't reach number 1 when they had huge run of number 1's. I myself believe it was a better song than some that did reach number 1 it was just released too late in the campaign.

+Quote this post
milly
post Jun 15 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I hadn't realized LAHA had been a single, I shouldn't have included it on the list.
I like the song too, it has a very classic, vintage sound to it. But I'd choose it over other songs only if Gary sang it the same way he did on the Ultimate tour - with those amazing final notes.

I see we have a few songs that are detaching themselves from the others: Holding Back the Tears, 8 Letters, Said It All and Will You Be There For Me. - love all of them, even if I didn't vote for 8 Letters and Said It All (again, because I really really want them to sing, just once, some of the songs they've never sung).

How did it come to this is a beautiful song (though Flowerbed and Wooden Boat are better Jason songs), but I wonder who would take on Jason's lead parts in case they ever decide to perform one of his tracks live.

This post has been edited by milly: Jun 15 2016, 06:55 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 15 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Said it All was a top 10 single so Love aint here anymore deserves to be here as well. Love aint here anymore was a number 4 hit for them. Number 4 surprised people from all reports as i i think 5 of their previous singles went straight to number 1. For them to miss a top 3 position was a big surprise. Nonetheless they followed it up with 5 more number 1 in a row, Sure, Back for Good, Never Forget, Patience and Shine.

+Quote this post
milly
post Jun 15 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I've made a mess of that poll, that's what happens when you start it around midnight laugh.gif My intention was to leave out the singles and Jason's leads - now we have 3 songs in that poll that shouldn't have been there.

Oh well, at least, we'll see the general consensus amongst people on this forum as to what they'd like to hear on a tour.

+Quote this post
milly
post Jun 15 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Dylan, I miss reading your opinions on this forum!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jun 19 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Id love to see Lovelife live, when i first heard three it was the stand out song for but it faded in my opinion since. I love 8 letters, great ballad, few other i like on the list as well but for now these 2.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post Jun 19 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185
Thanks Milly. smile.gif

Still enjoy dipping in and out and reading everyone's opinions but decided to limit my posts. Interested to see some consensus in terms of songs such as CMH,WYBTFM and HBTT. Unfortunately, doubt very much that all three will make the cut for the next tour. If the tour mirrored the main choices of this poll it would be fantastic, but certain songs will always take priority.

One criticism I have of the band is their reluctance to 'mix things up' a bit, consequently some wonderful songs rarely, if ever, receive an airing. I guess given their longevity in the business and their extensive back catalogue this will always prove to be a stumbling block.

+Quote this post
milly
post Jun 20 2016, 03:48 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jun 19 2016, 10:54 PM) *
Thanks Milly. smile.gif

Still enjoy dipping in and out and reading everyone's opinions but decided to limit my posts. Interested to see some consensus in terms of songs such as CMH,WYBTFM and HBTT. Unfortunately, doubt very much that all three will make the cut for the next tour. If the tour mirrored the main choices of this poll it would be fantastic, but certain songs will always take priority.

One criticism I have of the band is their reluctance to 'mix things up' a bit, consequently some wonderful songs rarely, if ever, receive an airing. I guess given their longevity in the business and their extensive back catalogue this will always prove to be a stumbling block.

I agree. I'm hoping that, with the BBC show, things will change a little- maybe the contestants will perform some TT songs the boys themselves never performed. It's not the same and it's not ideal, but at least the world will get to know more of their music.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 20 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It would be interesting to see a list of their most under-performed singles on the tours. For example from their number 1 hits, Sure and Babe appear to have been performed much less than the others.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:18 PM