BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Inside No 9, Series 6 - 10 May at 9:30pm
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post Feb 2 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Just finished marathoning the series of Inside No.9 that I could legally stream (Series 1+2 on Netflix, all of series 4), and have enjoyed a great chunk of it. There's a few misses, but at least the good thing about anthology series is if you don't like one episode, then you'll probably like the next one. My favourites have been the hilarious "La Couchette", the really emotional "12 Days of Christine", from season 2, and from this season "Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room" and the rather clever "Once Removed".
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 3 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #42
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
The last episode stole my heart

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 3 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #43
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
That was actually the first episode where I guessed the twist, which isn't all that good for an episode of this rlly. I enjoyed the digs at the industry and award shortlisting, but it was a bit empty besides that and it was so obvious the member of the public was deceiving them all in some respect

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 4 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #44
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I feel as though it was influenced/a slight dig at their constant snub at awards shows despite often getting universal praise from viewers and media publications! I haven't seen what he's wrote about this specific episode but I know Reece Sheersmith often references that awards shows overlook it on his Twitter.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 6 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #45
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Series 5 has been confirmed wub.gif

Could happily see this run and run as long as the fresh ideas keep coming! Apparently the first episode of this series got the highest ratings yet! I wonder if it benefitted from Black Mirror’s increased popularity?

+Quote this post
dangerkid
post Feb 9 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #46
Group icon
New Entry
User: 66,301
Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room was the best of this series IMO

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #47
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
A live special Halloween episode is coming next Sunday at 10pm!!

Halloween is perfect for the show, the live aspect certainly makes it interesting and I feel the decision to make it live suggests it will be incorporated into the plot/twist??

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 28 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #48
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
that was messed up

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Oct 28 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I forgot it was on!

Do you mean messed up as in too twisted or messed up as in didn't work as planned?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 28 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #50
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
erm...just watch as soon as you can

i don’t want to spoil laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 28 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Oh darn it, I forgot as well! I’ll catch up tomorrow, I hope the live aspect wasn’t too essential to viewing.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 28 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

Had forgot about this, ended up watching it on catch-up as I was worried about it getting ruined for me. It was fantastic & creepy. I had a feeling when they announced a live episode that it wouldn't really be "live", and that they would end up pulling a "Ghostwatch" on us, which they did indeed do, as well toying with the medium in a Doki Doki Literature Club kind of way. I think this one will get a lot of people talking.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 29 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Oh my, this show does like to leave me speechless. This was excellent, I loved the postmodern and meta twists to an otherwise classic horror story and it was executed really well and really pushed the boundaries of what you can get from live TV, I actually had to check if my sound was working right at one point laugh.gif If this isn't what gets it universal acclaim or at least a BAFTA nomination, then I despair as it saddens me how many are missing out on this show.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 30 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #54
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
don't read if you've not watched ---

I knew there was a reason why this was live but, of course, I was unsure WHY. So, I streamed it live on iPlayer but was like 5 minutes behind. When the sound cut off I was turning my headphones up because I thought it was me - although part of me was suspic that it stopped working as soon as the next scene started despite it being supposedly one continuous shot. When the holding screen came on, I did genuinely flit between 'this is part of the show' to 'omg it's all broken'. If it was any other show, I would have stopped watching but stayed because of the twisted minds of Reece and Steve! However, I was also thinking surely BBC Two wouldn't let them get away with this. I may have skipped ahead the 5 minutes I missed and saw a glimpse of something other than the holding screen so quickly went back to where I was. When they started showing A Quiet Night In, I didn't have a clue what to think but thought I may as well stay with it because it's a fab episode. Then I saw a figure hidden right in the background and thought - I'm sure that wasn't in the original episode! Then, of course, we know what came after!!!

Anyway, another genius episode and definitely one of the most different and unique half hours of TV I have ever scene! So random, meta (loved that they actually posted on Twitter) and actually terrifying!!

and that is how i met your mother

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Oct 30 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
So I've watched this and... (again spoilers so don't read on if you don't want to know!)

I thought it was pretty darn awful to be honest! Now I think I suffered because I watched it on iplayer and not live as, of course, was immediately suspicious of the test card as I knew there was no way it would be put on iplayer/catch up with those sorts of problems - plus it clearly wouldn't have still been only half hour with a full other episode starting after 10 minutes or so.

Anyway, I was enjoying it at the beginning and I guess the sound issues did make me wonder what was going on before I clicked that it had to be part of the show. From then on in I just thought it was a bit of a mess, it could have worked amazingly well if the rest of the episode had been set in the dressing room or studio with the cast live tweeting and weird things just happening (the bit with the tv worked well) - HOWEVER interspersing it with other clips and tv shows just didn't work at all for me and robbed the show of even being vaguely scary... the idea was great, genuinely think the execution of it could have been better unfortunately.

+Quote this post
lotita
post May 16 2019, 05:57 PM
Post #56
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
omg ive just started watching this why did no one tell me how good this is!!!! i am GRIPPED and im only four episodes in but i cant stop wanting to watch more

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 16 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #57
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
ERM did you not SEE my 11 posts on the first page!!! (and 22 posts overall!!)

+Quote this post
Harve
post May 16 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
IT'S AMAZING LOTTI

+Quote this post
lotita
post May 16 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #59
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
YOU BOTH SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE TO FORCE ME TO WATCH

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post May 16 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #60
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
I think Séance Time remains my favourite, that and The Harrowing were both genuinely terrifying and gripping throughout.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:13 PM