BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Number 1 Chronicles, Recapping my #1s 2005*-2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cantthinkofaname
post Jun 21 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson — “Symphony” (4 weeks)
March 26, 2017

Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a hardcore Zara stan. I love almost all of her songs and she can really do no wrong in my eyes. When this magical piece of music came out I found myself playing it so much more often than I thought I’d do, but it’s safe to say she owes a big thanks to Clean Bandit who are also behemoths when it comes to my charts, having had a whopping 5 number huge number ones on my chart to date (including one that was released after “Symphony” that I will talk about later). Zara has had similar success on her own, having hit the top spot five times by the end of 2017 - but again that last one is yet to come. So it’s safe to say this is a collaboration between two artists that are almost guaranteed success on my chart.

So back to the day I first heard this. I remember having immensely high expectations for this and when I heard it I was.. blown away. This not only met but exceeded my expectation because I was not expecting the song to tug on my feelings as well. It’s a beautiful song about losing a loved one and the video captures that so beautifully and to have it be a gay romance as well just about ruined me. I was so happy this made it to the top spot in the UK as well because that was certainly well deserved even if it was only for one week, but this was certainly no fluke as it was one of the biggest songs of 2017 in the end.

This was number one on my chart for a long time on my scale - 4 weeks - which is essentially a month on top. But that’s not to say it was never challenged for the crown as we had some huge tracks surge to the higher reaches of the chart. During its’ reign Zara had to fend off competition from other Scandinavian pop stars such as ALMA (“Chasing Highs”, No. 3), Jesper Jenset (“Lies”, No. 2) and Christopher (“Free Fall”, No. 6) during its first two weeks on top; while other international artists like Australian Isaiah (“It’s Gotta Be You”, No. 4) and LA Native Billie Eilish (“Bellyache”, No. 2) proved difficult obstacles in its’ latter days in the top spot.

Today it’s been more than a year since “Clean Zara” reigned supreme but I still feel like this would be an automatic number one if released today. Not only for myself though but also in my group of friend if we had a combined chart. Sure some weren’t huge on it but the fact remains that it’s popularity was unavoidable on radio here and Zara is really one of the most famous international singers in Iceland (possibly due to her Nordic roots) so my pop loving friends either loved it from the get-go or came around to it after being subjected with hours and hours of radio airplay lmao.

Top 100 History: Clean Bandit
2014 01 Rather Be (featuring Jess Glynne)
2014 12 Extraordinary (featuring Sharna Bass)
2014 01 Come Over (featuring Stylo G)
2014 16 Real Love (featuring Jess Glynne)
2015 09 Stronger (featuring Olly Alexander)
2016 04 Tears (featuring Louisa Johnson)
2016 01 Rockabye (featuring Anne-Marie and Sean Paul)
2017 01 Symphony (featuring Zara Larsson)
+ 3 more entries TBA

Top 100 History: Zara Larsson
2013 63 Uncover
2013 91 Bad Boys
2014 43 Carry You Home
2015 01 Lush Life
2015 01 Never Forget You (with MNEK)
2016 08 Girls Like (with Tinie Tempah)
2015 01 This One’s For You (with David Guetta)
2016 11 Ain’t My Fault
2016 23 I Would Like
2017 60 So Good (featuring Ty Dolla $ign)
2017 01 Symphony (with Clean Bandit)
+ 4 more entries TBA

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Jun 23 2018, 11:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 04:29 AM