BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Marvel Cinematic Universe: Film Rate/Character Rank: RESULTS, Into the top 10 now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post Jun 15 2016, 08:40 AM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Joint third place!

#03 // Loki // Score 104
(15 points from Severin)

Loki scored points from every single person apart from Kye, but for the most part they were middling to low scores. It's great to see him so high, he's one of Marvel's most charismatic and complex villains and I feel like it's been far too long since we heard from him.

#03 // Scott Lang / Ant Man // Score 104
(15 points Froot, 14 points from Josh, 13 points from Jonjo)

Possibly the most surprising high up entry is Ant Man, who only burst onto the scene last year in Ant Man, but we saw him again quite soon afterwards in Civil War. His everyman personality really helps him stand out among the other heroes, and his light-hearted humour was used well in Civil War, plus he has THAT moment. You know, one of the most bonkers moments in Civil War.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 15 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I really need to see Ant Man, I love Paul Rudd and everything I've seen/heard makes me think he'll be an amazing Scott Lang. Wish they made his daughter older in it though. I wanna see Stature *.*

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 15 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #63
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Huh really thought that 'Avengers' was gonna win this, but oh well 3rd place is still a decent position and it is a fantastic movie, it's the ultimate superhero movie and for a time it was my fave superhero movie ever. I honestly never thought that this would happen, the fact that they brought all these heroes into one mega blockbuster is just astonishing, and boy was it worth the wait.

After growing up in the 90's and during the 00's, there were so many superhero movies that ended with a promise of a sequel or a possible crossover, but that never happened, so when this was announced, I was initially a little sceptical and thought that it would probably take years and years and then cancelled, but thankfully that never happened and we got this masterpiece. I was a little confused at first with the recasting of the Hulk character, especially after seeing the 2nd Hulk movie which at first didn't realize that it was part of this universe, but was really happy with the result and the addition of Black Widow was pure genius, I know we already had her in Iron Man 2, but in this she was so much better and given more to do. In fact all the superheroes came off great in this and their interactions with each other was just amazing.

Up until 'GOTG' & 'CACW' this was my favourite Marvel movie, but the other 2 have won me over more. Whatever wins (secretly hoping for 'GOTG' to win), even though I gave my 11 to the latter, but whatever comes out on top will be just perfect.

+Quote this post
post Jun 20 2016, 09:14 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
----Film Rate----

#2 Guardians of the Galaxy //9.76
Highest: Severin, Chez Wombat, RobinJuanPersie, Jonjo, DJHazey, Ultraviolence1989 (11)
Lowest: Regina (5)

Our runner up is Guardians of the Galaxy, which stands out for being the least connected of the MCU so far, but it's part of a much bigger picture, including Gamora's father, Thanos, the villain who'd been a background threat for a lot of the films so far, but finally got some proper screen time, as a kind of secondary villain - we know he's going to go hard in phase 3! But it's undoubtedly the humour and characters that makes Guardians come alive.

#1 Captain America: Civil War // 10.23
Highest: Josh, Jimmy Jam, Chez Wombat, SamJudd, Froot.
Lowest: N/A

And the winner is the 13th and most recent MCU film, Civil War. I know, it's a bit weird, seeing as it's the most recent, but I really don't have any issues with this being the #1 film here. Civil War was expertly put together. I really like that it was kind of a time out from the goings on of the main events, and the struggle was internal and character driven. The bigger picture wasn't much focused on. Civil War, also mended lots of things from Age of Ultron. The Characters were given better back-stories and fleshed out a bit and we were also introduced to Spider-Man and Black Panther, who we're sure will play a huge role in the Infinity War. The airport fight sequence for me, equals the main battle from The Avengers as MCU's best battle sequence. Though, my one issue is that I feel as though I couldn't take the fight entirely seriously, it was like none of them wanted to actually hurt each other.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 20 2016, 11:25 AM
Post #65
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Slay me Bucky tbh.

+Quote this post
post Jun 20 2016, 02:12 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#02 // Steve Rogers / Captain America // Score 125
(15 points from SamJudd, Jonjo, 13 points from Regina)

Steve Rogers AKA Cap, is quite inoffensive. But he's largely very likely and gives us an "all American" guy who you could take home to mamma, with good arms. Steve first appeared in Captain America: the First Avenger, and has since appeared in The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World (technically not him, Loki takes his form), Age of Ultron, Ant-Man (cameo) and Civil War, so has been arguably the most prominent character of the series and will probably continue to be. Much like Thor, he has a weapon where a lot of his power lies, his shield. And last we saw of him, he was kinda a wanted criminal, so it'll be interesting to see how he gets out of that one.

+Quote this post
post Jun 20 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#01 // Natasha Romanoff/ Black Widow // Score 177
(15 points from Josh, Joe, Jimmy Jam, RobinJuanPersie, Ultraviolence1989, Kye)

Winning by quite the landslide, Black Widow pulls in loads of high scores. Everybody gave her between 9 - 15 points apart from Chez, who was the one person to give her no points at all. Black Widow was first introduced in Iron Man 2, one of the weakest MCU films, and her character was just kind of there, but probably still one of the film's most intriguing aspects. She then appeared again in The Avengers, where she showed she could kick some butt, and was given slightly more depth in her friendship with Hawkeye. It was The Winter Soldier though, that she almost totally stole the show. Johansson has perfected Romanoff's icy exterior which was still filled with the fearsome drive to look out for the greater good. In Age of Ultron she was lumbered with a not-so-interesting romantic sub-plot which lost some of her mysterious allure. Luckily, she was given one of the most interesting arcs in Civil War, where she was the one character who struggles most choosing a side - it's very interesting how things end up playing out for her. I am WAITING for a Black Widow solo movie to be announced.

To sum it up, I find Black Widow the perfect balance of intrigue and complexity whilst still fitting the bill of being a fierce heroine.

Thanks all. Hail Queen Romanoff.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 20 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Black Widow winning is a bit "eh". She's good but not all that amazing IMO.

+Quote this post
post Jun 20 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 20 2016, 03:45 PM) *
Black Widow winning is a bit "eh". She's good but not all that amazing IMO.

You put her as your second fav! cry.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 20 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #70
Group icon
Raining Shitter
I know but still laugh.gif I pretty much put them in random order after Bucky tbh

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jun 20 2016, 03:12 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
And of course the studio bosses at Disney and Marvel will look at a thousand polls just like this one and think... 'yeah, but no-one really wants to buy female action figures or have a female lead in a superhero/action movie.'

Meanwhile the rest of the world is in love with Rey, Harley Quinn, Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Danaerys Targaryen, Ripley, Rose Tyler etc.

+Quote this post
post Jun 21 2016, 06:20 AM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I know right. Bring on the Black Widow movie!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:23 AM