BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> "Let's ruin the year" (coming soon), Help to select the interesting theme for music rate
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Best idea is
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Last Dreamer
post 24th May 2024, 10:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

This topic is not strictly 100% retro thing, but possibly the best place on forum for these things (at least for poll topic), because the mostly related to retro songs/acts from 1970s to 2010s.

Retrospective "Gražios Dainos" chart is still my main project, but I have some other ideas about music rates.

There are four possible options.

1. Let's ruin the year
It's the same idea with "Julian rates", but his project is really epic. I wish to start with some selected years from 1970-2012 period, also will not do it in a chronological order. For
sample after 1975 year we can have 2010 rate e.t.c. I gave the title "Let's ruin" because the most songs will have average 3 or 4 out of 10 and my music taste is an opposite to the
majority of forum members.

2. Crazy Youtube playlist
On the current moment of time I have over 3500 songs in my "Like" playlist on YouTube and wish to share them with you. Maybe you will find something interesting for you from this
topic.

Usually I don't use "Like" button for well-known artists and worldwide hits, because it's impossible to forget them + those songs have many worldwide fans and don't need in my
support. Popular acts are very rare guests in this list, but sometimes I added their rare tracks, interesting/best performances/music videos or my # 1 favourite song from singer/groups.

In summary it's a good diversity, if we talk about represented countries (most European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States, schlagers from South Africa) and
time periods (mostly from 1970s to 2000s, but I found a place even for some very vintage songs). From music genres I love pop music, schlager and sometimes country and rock.

Every day I will refresh my memories and try to rate ten songs from this playlist, so in the ideal we will have a long musical journey. It looks a fun thing at least on paper, but I'm not
sure that you will have any interest in a listening mostly low-known vintage, retro and sometimes modern songs with a big percentange of non-English language music.

3. Singles discography rate
I try to find a balance between popular singers / groups and local personal favourites. The act must release at least 5 singles (official music videos, all songs from Eurovision national
pre-selections and Lithuanian songs with TV / radio airplay are equivalent to singles). Sometimes I will add favourite "non-singles" as bonus part, but without rate. There is not any
strict time period, but mostly I prefer the songs from 1970-2012 years. I will rate a modern songs from veterans like Bucks Fizz or Kim Wilde, but not have any intrerest in a current
young music stars. For singers with big discographies like Madonna I will separate her 80s, 90s and 2000s singles.

4. A treasure of Eurovision national pre-selections
I'm already posted all-time top 100 and top 50 from last 25 years for Eurovision and will compile Top 50 Melodifestivalen songs from last 25 years soon, but we can continue to deep
into a national pre-selections. It's a real treasury for everybody who lost interest in the current mainstream music and wish to find hidden gems. Maybe I will continue Euroseason /
Ideal Eurovision format ( www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=267489 ) for any year, maybe will start any other rate/ranking related to Eurovision national pre-
selections.

This post has been edited by Last Dreamer: 30th May 2024, 06:26 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 24th May 2024, 01:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Let's ruin the year.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 24th May 2024, 06:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Any pre 2000's stuff should be directed to the 20th century retro forum whichever one you end up going with. I'd assume that's what your doing anyway though like Julian has with his project?

Voted for let's ruin the year as it could be entertaining.

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 24th May 2024, 07:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
With Kristina in heart

QUOTE(Roba. @ 24th May 2024, 09:51 PM) *
Any pre 2000's stuff should be directed to the 20th century retro forum whichever one you end up going with. I'd assume that's what your doing anyway though like Julian has with his project?

Voted for let's ruin the year as it could be entertaining.

Yes, possibly you are right, but I don't want to separate one topic on two parts or more. In Youtube playlist there are near 10 % of modern music, the rest 90 % is almost in half 20th and 21st century. In "Ruin the year" I wish to select a chain with five years from five different decades (from 70s to early 00s), for sample 2012-1990-1985-2005-1977.

I can understand a supporting of "Ruin the year" idea, because it's the most mainstream option and based on UK chart. "Singles discography" is a balance between popular mainstream and fan things. Other two options are very specific, I love them, but based on the experience with "Gražios Dainos" chart no one is interested in low-known retro music stuff, especially in non-English language songs.

My personal favourite is "Crazy Youtube playlist". As I said many times before "I will be very happy if anybody will discovery some interesting and good songs for himself/herself through my countdowns/weekly charts".

This post has been edited by Last Dreamer: 24th May 2024, 07:29 PM

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 27th May 2024, 06:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
With Kristina in heart

10 votes cheer.gif

Thanks for the supporting.

This post has been edited by Last Dreamer: 27th May 2024, 08:31 PM

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 29th May 2024, 06:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
With Kristina in heart

I will watch with the interest
Let's ruin the year [ 9 ] ** [60.00%]
Crazy Youtube playlist [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Singles discography rate [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Eurovision national pre-selections [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]

Thanks for the voting.

This post has been edited by Last Dreamer: 30th May 2024, 09:32 AM

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 30th May 2024, 09:34 AM
Post #7
Group icon
With Kristina in heart

"Let's ruin the year" won.

Do you want the second poll with a decade selection ?

+Quote this post
Scene
post 30th May 2024, 09:51 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

QUOTE(Last Dreamer @ 30th May 2024, 10:34 AM) *
"Let's ruin the year" won.

Do you want the second poll with a decade selection ?

Glad that won cheer.gif re: decades, remember this subforum is exclusively 21st century tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 30th May 2024, 10:33 AM
Post #9
Group icon
With Kristina in heart

QUOTE(Scene @ 30th May 2024, 12:51 PM) *
Glad that won cheer.gif re: decades, remember this subforum is exclusively 21st century tongue.gif

Just for a poll, I will move it in 20th century, if 70s / 80s / 90s will win.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th June 2024, 02:51 AM