BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What should be the 3rd single from Chromatica?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Single #3
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
HausofKubrick
post Jun 14 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

We've had the album for a few weeks now and the first two singles for slightly longer - so it's time to debate what the 3rd single should be!

Vote in the poll for what you WANT to be the 3rd single and what you THINK will be the 3rd single ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Jun 14 2020, 08:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
WANT free woman
THINK alice

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 14 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I definitely want 'Sine From Above' but also 'Alice' and 'Free Woman' need to be released. I voted for the former though because of how much it hits me with every listen although I do think 'Free Woman' is perhaps the biggest HIT.

I think the next single will be either 'Free Woman' or 'Alice'. Her label want 'Free Woman' to be the 3rd single i'm sure i've read? unsure.gif I've voted that as what I think will be a single!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jun 14 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Want: Sine From Above
Think: Free Woman

Part of me thinks that Free Woman would be a bit of a non-event if it were to be released? sad.gif Would hope to be proven wrong though as it is a great song!

Sine From Above would be my personal choice wub.gif but can also see that being saved for later in the campaign (or to close it).

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 14 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
QUOTE(Calum @ Jun 14 2020, 09:35 PM) *
Part of me thinks that Free Woman would be a bit of a non-event if it were to be released? sad.gif Would hope to be proven wrong though as it is a great song!

I would hope not! I think if the 3rd single is due to come in a month or so, possibly when lockdowns are more greatly lifted, then lyrically this song could have a lot of power. I'm a FREE WOMAN just as the world becomes a lot more free again - radios could really latch onto it for that reason! Or it's just wishful thinking from me tongue.gif

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Jun 14 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
I'd love for it to be something different and more out there like Replay, Sine or Babylon.
I think they'll go for Alice now seeing as its been so well received, maybe Free Woman but it doesn't seem to be as much of a fan favourite as Alice. I hope its not Sour Candy seeing as its been on most main playlists already and they rarely add songs that have already been on.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 15 2020, 12:20 AM
Post #7
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
I want 911 so bad, but I could've easily voted Free Woman or Sine From Above. I so hope this campaign has legs and doesn't end after Single 3 sad.gif

I thought Sour Candy would be because normally the successful post-album singles are ones out around the time of the album but idk about that now.

+Quote this post
davidas
post Jun 15 2020, 01:14 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 70,067
Would love Alice or 911, but think it will be Free Woman

+Quote this post
Adelita
post Jun 15 2020, 01:36 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234
1. Stupid Love
2. Rain On Me
3. Sour Candy
4. Alice
5. Sine From Above
6. Babylon

This is the only possible sequence. I didn't want Sour Candy to be a single, and we went straight to Alice, but thinking about the charts, it would be a shot in the foot if they didn't release the video.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 15 2020, 09:00 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Sour Candy' has had its chance to shine as a promo single, there's so much better and more interesting stuff on offer that deserves a push instead.

My heart tells me either 'Alice', 'Sine From Above' or 'Free Woman' should be it.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Jun 15 2020, 09:57 AM
Post #11
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
want: sine from above
think: alice

both are wanted as a single but if i could only have one more single i'd love it to be sine from above to showcase such an 'out-there' song plus elton name power would be brilliant.

alice is also a great song and what i think is the most sensible choice of single considering it was the most popular album track and has a fairly universal appeal to it.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Jun 15 2020, 10:27 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
I'd love Sine From Above but I've got a feeling it won't get the single treatment. I think they'll go with Sour Candy, which is one of my least favourites, but I can understand why they'd go with it.

I need an other-worldly, ethereal and visually stunning video for that. The imagery is right there in the lyrics.

I'll be devastated if it's only an album track. Being stuck towards the end of the album, it won't pick up as many casual listens, and it'll be forever under-appreciated.

"Yeah, I looked
With my face up to the sky
But I saw nothing there
No, no, nothing there
Yeah, I stared
While my eyes filled up with tears
But there was nothing there
No, no, nothing

I heard one sine from above
I heard one sine from above
Then the signal split in two
The sound created stars like me and you
Before there was up, there was silence
I heard one sine
And it healed my heart, heard a sine"

Honestly, the absolute excellence in this lyric/melody combo is stunning, and is one of my favourite things she has EVER done. And the harmony when they both sing it the second time - woo lord. Album highlight.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: Jun 15 2020, 10:32 AM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 15 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Free Woman is what I want but I voted Alice for think!

Free Woman isn’t my personal favourite but it does sound huge to my ears at least. I could definitely see it becoming a top 40 smash if it gets decent playlist support.

I’m hoping Replay gets a push too.

With the Haus labs version of Babylon getting a release I think that version will be the pushed single release version.

This was tough though! I’m hoping Sour Candy remains what it is now a promo single. It’s had two weeks top 40 already which is more than what Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons managed here and it’s done and will do well enough already just off word of mouth! I’m hoping a non feature gets the next push.

+Quote this post
Supercell
post Jun 15 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 11,831
I think Sour Candy is pretty much primed as the next single but at the same time I feel its passed it time to be pushed, although I think Replay would be a really interesting single choice.

Logically however, I think they'll pick Free Woman, its the sort of song I can imagine Heart playing 20 times a day like they do with most songs. It very catchy too and I can see it doing moderately well, I also think Sine from Above will get pushed at some point.

There's a fair few choices as singles from this Album tbf, if it was me I think I'd do;

Stupid Love
Rain On Me
Free Woman
Replay
Sine From Above
Babylon

I do like Sour Candy but I think Free Woman would perform better. Sine from Above and Free Woman I think will get more broad appeal from older audiences and keep interest in the album. Babylon is screaming to be released at some point and I reckon could do well if promoted correctly with a remix and stunning video, perhaps as the closing single and pushed around the awards season next year.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 15 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #15
Group icon
QUOTE(PaulM1983 @ Jun 15 2020, 11:27 AM) *
Honestly, the absolute excellence in this lyric/melody combo is stunning, and is one of my favourite things she has EVER done. And the harmony when they both sing it the second time - woo lord. Album highlight.

Absolutely. I get the same chills I get when I hear The Edge of Glory. Pure ecstasy in music form.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jun 15 2020, 12:51 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Want: 911
Think: Free Woman

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jun 15 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Want - Sine From Above
Think - Alice

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jun 15 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I want it to be 'Alice' or 'Sign From Above' but I wouldn't be surprised if she shocked us with '911' since it's become such a popular track in the US.

I'll be disappointed with 'Sour Candy' unless the video is something else.

I also wouldn't be mad with 'Enigma' or 'Replay' tbf.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jun 15 2020, 03:25 PM
Post #19
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
I want 'Babylon' or 'Sine From Above' but it'll probably be something like '911' or 'Alice'. I really don't understand the fuss with 'Alice' - it's one of the tracks I always skip.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post Jun 15 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #20
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
User: 20,799
QUOTE(Nick Jonas @ Jun 14 2020, 09:28 PM) *
WANT free woman
THINK alice

Came here to say this

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:06 PM