BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BJSCXLII* • Fljótavík • Results Thread, Full result at the bottom of page 26
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Mar 20 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #581
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

The original three moderators were Boyan, David and Tyron as we were part of the Eurovision forum at first. Then Rich (Gooddelta) replaced David. Then Rich stepped down to become GM, then stepped down as GM and returned to being a BJSC mod. Then we had NF-gate at the start of BJSC XV in which Boyan stepped down and quit because he didn't agree with Rich and Tyron deciding to remove the ban on NF entries, didn't want them entered at all and stropped out. Then came the HUGE backlash and Rich also stepped down. This last bit all happened in the space of like 24hrs. Tombilboo (Kingdom Of Shadow) and I replaced Boyan and Rich. Tombilboo was next to step down being replaced by Jamesp and AaronTM as Tyron and I decided we liked both their applications and we were getting really busy in this forum and wanted an extra mod. Jamesp was replaced by TomKay. Then after three years Tyron decided the Lounge was too important and ditched us and AaronTM left at the same time after a period of substantially reduced interest in the contest and the mod lounge. They were replaced by Ghosty and Peter30. Most recently Peter30 stood down to be replaced by Cal.

It's actually just over (by a matter of days) 3 years since I became BJSC mod making me and Tyron equal as longest running mods (Time served wise). Imma fully claim the title solo at BJSC 46 as that'll be my 31st contest as mod to Tyron's 30. happy.gif

Basically it's been this: Boyan/David/Tyron -> Boyan/Tyron/Gooddelta -> Boyan/Tyron -> Boyan/Tyron/Gooddelta -> Tyron/Tombilboo/Silas -> Tyron/Silas/Jamesp/AaronTM -> Tyron/Silas/AaronTM/TomKay -> Silas/TomKay/Ghosty/Peter30 -> Silas/TomKay/Ghosty/Cal

---

I wouldn't say bossy. Dictatorial would be my preferred adjective. kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 20 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #582
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

I did not resign as I thought the Lounge was too important Phil, I fell on my sword to take responsibility for the changes I made failing!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Mar 20 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #583
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Oh my, I forgot how dramatic the whole NF-gate was! laugh.gif

Poor Tombliboo, everyone except Silas forgot about him sad.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 20 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #584
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Sveriloquy @ Mar 20 2012, 08:14 PM) *
I did not resign as I thought the Lounge was too important Phil, I fell on my sword to take responsibility for the changes I made failing!

Changes YOU made? WE made Tyron, WE.

I enjoyed torturing the loons far too much to fall on my sword.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 20 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #585
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

What were the failed changes again? One big final? I'd forgotten half of this stuff happened to be honest laugh.gif

I don't usually get so annoyed at something that I'd quit but with NF-gate I was just outraged at the implication by almost half of the people taking part in the discussion (and a certain few right at the forefront that I was arguing with until the bitter end) that all Eurovision fans are dribbling idiotic sheep incapable of forming an objective opinion when it comes to anything to do with the contest. Was not impressed. At all.

When the main argument for those against it was something along the lines of 'if an NF song is sent then it will get 12 from every Eurovision fan and easily win BJSC' then I didn't see how I could continue to act as mod over people who thought like this. Ever since the rule was implemented three years ago, I have NEVER awarded an NF entry my 12 points.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Mar 20 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #586
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 21 2012, 03:51 AM) *
Ever since the rule was implemented three years ago, I have NEVER awarded an NF entry my 12 points.

If only Caroline hadn't DNQd drama.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 20 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #587
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 20 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Changes YOU made? WE made Tyron, WE.
I enjoyed torturing the loons far too much to fall on my sword.

I think it's fair to say I was the driving force behind it though given I insisted on putting it to a vote again AFTER we'd tried it, whereas most would've given up after losing the first time! I was the most insistent advocate of one big final and did stake an improvement of BJSC on it, along with the break after my contest. I'd say it's pretty fair to also say I was the most prominent person behind a lot of the changes at the time - and I realised that it was kind of wrong and holding the contest back that I was basically calling all of the shots most of the time. Hence I resigned.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 21 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #588
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

As an aside, as a huge Eurovision fan himself I was always surprised that Boyan was so dead against the NF entries being let in, but I suppose it's because he originally brought the contest idea over from NSC, where sending something like Don't Let Me Down (which would be fine here no doubt) would be like somebody here trying to send Katy Perry's Part Of Me.

BJSC is not NSC though, that much became apparent by the time Smack Me rolled around. One man's cheap is another man's inspired.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 21 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #589
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Sveriloquy @ Mar 20 2012, 11:56 PM) *
I think it's fair to say I was the driving force behind it though given I insisted on putting it to a vote again AFTER we'd tried it, whereas most would've given up after losing the first time! I was the most insistent advocate of one big final and did stake an improvement of BJSC on it, along with the break after my contest. I'd say it's pretty fair to also say I was the most prominent person behind a lot of the changes at the time - and I realised that it was kind of wrong and holding the contest back that I was basically calling all of the shots most of the time. Hence I resigned.

A lot of the changes we made came from both of us having ideas and meeting somewhere in the middle. I agree that you were the primary driving force, but I wasn't exactly far behind you and none of the mods were happy to give up. We were all also very much for the break in contests which in the end was very successful. I don't think we would be where we are without that break. It allowed us to regroup and start to rebuild BJSC.

I think a lot of it was more you suggesting something that I whole heartedly agreed with and then the pair of us doing it regardless of what the other mod(s) thought.

I am still claiming credit for the success of the new format and the post Tirren re-growth.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 21 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #590
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Of course! I'm not exactly able to take that away from you!

+Quote Post
Jerick
post Mar 21 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #591
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 6,716
   No Gallery Pics

I can't wait to BJSC XLIII, after finishing 3rd I'm even more motivated to finish 1st biggrin.gif

I got my entry ready already, bet discovery since Laleh biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Mar 21 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #592
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

I'm having trouble for mine still, it's a split of 50/50 for one track and another drama.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Mar 21 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #593
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

I take it this is being used as a temporary Green-Room now laugh.gif. Any ideas when it will be open? (although I know Addy hasn't actually confirmed if he'll be hosting yet!)

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 PM