BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Made Inc. The A.M., Off-topic, general chat...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 27th February 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #41
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

One Direction fans turned out in their droves to support Louis Tomlinson ahead of his big Doncaster Rovers debut but bandmates Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Zayn Malik were nowhere to be seen.

Their absence at tonight’ smatch comes after Liam hinted that all was not well with the band at the Brits. But while Hazza heals his Kendall Jenner heartbreak in Los Angeles, Zayn – thought to be on home turf – could be excused as the cracks begin to show in his relationship with Perrie Edwards.

From The Metro, what a load of tripe! rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure Liam made a point of stating there were no problems between them; they just needed time to see their families? And of course the press must be drying up at the moment so they'll need to sensationalise Zayn and Perrie's relationship. :/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th February 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #42
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

laugh.gif oh good lord. It's called BEING BUSY. Clearly they don't know the meaning of that term if they're writing crap like this.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 27th February 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

To be honest they could sleep on different floors of the same hotel and the papers would still be writing the same old SHIT.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 27th February 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #44
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Although I take everything the likes of The Metro writes with a pinch of salt, I'd never be completely adamant that absolutely everything is ok between an active group. You just never know what goes on behind closed doors, and a band always try to maintain a positive image to the public that all is well, regardless of how things are. However, when a split happens, then usually it all starts to come out of the woodwork, and it transpires that there was actually some truth behind the gossip and rumours. It's the same with countless acts I've followed over the years.

Personally I have a feeling that all is okay with them, especially on a professional level, for the time being. I get the impression that they're all far too sensible to create rifts while they're *so* successful, and will have intentions to keep going for as long as they can maintain this level of success. They'd be pretty mad not to!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd March 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #45
Group icon
nabad

He’s had his hands full lately, but I hear Simon Cowell is rather put out the Oscars voting panel overlooked Harry Styles and his other One Direction lads.

Simon hoped their This is Us documentary would put them in line for a gong after breaking box-office records around the world.

He also hoped their hit Best Song Ever would land Best Original Song, and was stunned when it didn’t even make the 75-track shortlist.

The documentary was produced by Morgan Spurlock, former Oscar nominee for Supersize Me which, Simon felt, put it in a good position.

A source said: “Simon is disappointed. Some of the tracks on the list are virtually unknown.”

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd March 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #46
Group icon
nabad

Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne might not have the girls falling all over them like bandmate Harry Styles does but they certainly have the biggest wallets.

The boys are One Direction’s biggest earners thanks to their songwriting skills.

They’re bound to be raking in far more than Zayn Malik, Niall Horan or Harry because writers usually get around 9% of royalties for each song.

And the hardworking lads – who had writing credits on half the songs on their latest album Midnight Memories – are already in the studio busy writing their next album.

Spilling the beans on their secret to success, Liam told The Sun: ‘Louis and I have a little partnership going on. We’ve been pretty keen to start writing straight away.

‘I’ve been in the studio already, it’s been going really well. Learning how to write is the best way of ensuring your career has longevity and that you have control over it.

‘I really think the next album is going to be a game-changer for us. I’m excited.’

It’s not just music sales 1D make money on. They also have world tours, branded perfume, clothing, a movie, stationery and OnePieces. Their last total worth was estimated at £100million.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 5th March 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #47
Group icon
nabad

Forget about One Direction – Harry Styles could soon be swapping singing for acting as he is being lined up to appear in a movie version of stage show Wicked.

He headed to Harvey Weinstein’s exclusive pre-Oscars bash at the weekend in Los Angeles and now the rumour that’s rife in Tinseltown is that the curly-haired heartthrob made quite the impression with film bosses – including Weinstein.

But Universal Pictures, who are making Wicked, might get in there first.

‘Harry is very focused on his singing career but there’s a real buzz about him. Movie makers see him as a new Zac Efron and think he would be a perfect casting for a movie musical,’ a source told The Sun.

‘He’s top of the Wicked team’s wish list to play the romantic lead role of Fiyero – who becomes The Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.’

And Weinstein apparently told the publication that he’s keen to make Harry a Hollywood star too, adding: ‘First he’s got to date three of my daughters. They all think that he’s extremely handsome.’

Please don't Harry.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 7th March 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #48
Group icon
nabad

Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson want to work with Neon Jungle.

The boys in the band One Direction are reaching out to a few different bands for possible collaborations, including hot new girl band Neon Jungle.

The band's Amira McCarthy, 17, told the Daily Star newspaper: ''Liam Payne knew who we were and said he was listening to our song in the car. He said that he'd really like to write for us, so we're waiting for the song.''

American boy band 5 Seconds Of Summer - who supported One Direction on tour - have also been jamming with Niall and are said to be working on ideas for songs.

Member Calum Hood, 18, said: ''We found our common ground was Busted. So there's a few pop rock ideas kicking around already. We'd love to make it happen.''

The news come after Liam, 20, and Louis Tomlinson, 22, were named as One Direction's biggest earners after co-writing almost half of the songs on their album 'Midnight Memories', while Harry has also written a song with John Legend for US 'X Factor' duet Alex and Sierra.

Liam said: ''We're really enjoying the writing process and we've recorded some of the best material ever for the next album. It's a real step forward.''

Niall, 20, has also been learning new chords on his guitar having been taught by friends Ed Sheeran, 23, and Olly Murs, 29.

He said: ''I get the guitar out whenever I can. Writing music is really therapeutic.''

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #49
Group icon
nabad

He’s a singer-songwriter who is clearly not short of famous friends.

And Jason Derulo, 24, was helped by a host of stars including One Direction when it came to promoting his new R&B single Talk Dirty.

The Watcha Say singer has released a clip featuring Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson lip-synching to his track.

Celebrities doing politics have historically met with mixed success, but that hasn't deterred One Direction. The band have urged their fans to write to George Osborne ahead of the Budget next week, demanding that he preserve foreign aid and take steps to reduce tax avoidance.

Harry Styles and his bandmates are offering free concert tickets to fans who engage with politics through Global Citizen, an international organisation promoting social activism and tackling issues that perpetuate global poverty.

Music fans can acquire points towards tickets by completing tasks such as sending a pre-written letter to George Osborne (two extra points are available if they write their own letter).

Katy Perry, Arcade Fire, Bastille, The National and McBusted are also taking part, as well as veteran stars including Monty Python, Pearl Jam and Neil Young. Global Citizen have likened to project to an online Live Aid.

Such big names explicity asking fans to approach politicians is relatively unusual, given that in recent years younger celebrities have seemed less eager to become overtly linked to political parties. In 2013 Russell Brand enthusiastically defended his right not to vote, and in the 2010 general election young stars in particular were reluctant to align themselves publicly with parties vying for government.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd March 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #50
Group icon
nabad

Example is in talks to work with Olly Murs and One Direction.

The singer-and-rapper has exchanged conversations with both Olly and boybanders Harry Styles and Liam Payne about working on new music together.

He said: "I'm up for working with Olly Murs. I've spoken to him about writing for him.

"One Direction, I had a good chat with Liam and Harry at the BRITs. I'd love to do something with them."

As well as working with pop stars, Example, 31, is eager to try his hand at collaborating with dance acts such as BRIT Award winners Rudimental.

He added: "On the flip side, I love underground dance acts Disclosure, Rudimental, Klaxons..."

The Kids Again star also feels he has grown up since tying the knot with Australian model-and-actress Erin McNaught in May 2013.

He explained to Britain's Star magazine: "I'm not too bothered trying to be cool any more.

"Rock bands, when they're younger, are like, 'F**k him, f**k them, they're not cool, they're too mainstream.'

"Then, as you get older, they lighten up, they get married, and have kids, and they're just hugging and smiling at everyone. I think I'm doing the same."

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th March 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #51
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Someone's looking to reclaim their relevance biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 30th March 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #52
Group icon
nabad

The boys won 'Favourite Music Group' and 'Favourite Song' (for 'Story of My Life') at the Kids Choice Awards 2014 yesterday! Happy for them - funny that The Wanted fans were thinking they could win it. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd April 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #53
Group icon
nabad

New short film to coincide with the release of That Moment:

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 3rd April 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #54
Group icon

'Stand Up' has just come on shuffle. What a MOMENT I'm having here on a lonely Thursday night. *.*

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 4th April 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #55
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

"Story Of My Life" is going to become the 3rd One Direction track to be covered by Glee (not counting "One Way Or Another" which they did before the band laugh.gif), this time by Kurt & Blaine during the 18th episode of the current season!

Expected this to happen with it being a massive US hit, just wish it was someone else singing it. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 4th April 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #56
Group icon
nabad

Great to hear! cheer.gif Can imagine Rachel singing it more-so than Kurt and Blaine however?

+Quote this post
Calum
post 6th April 2014, 04:17 AM
Post #57
Group icon
nabad

HUNDREDS of fans gathered outside Cardington Hangars desperate to catch a glimpse of pop megastars, One Direction.

Young girls and boys - and a few mums too - brought signs declaring their love for Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson and waited up to six hours to see the band.

A selfie snapped with Harry Styles by one lucky fan, Liam Sales, went viral on the internet after being posted on the Advertiser website yesterday evening.

The picture was taken after the band arrived in convoy at the Sheds at around 1.30pm.

Only Harry Styles stopped to get out of the car and speak to fans, while the others drove past waving from inside their vehicles.

Rumours started circulating about the band being in the county earlier this week.

A video posted by a New Cardington resident shows lights coming from one of the Sheds late at night.

That fan's face is giving me life kink.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 6th April 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #58
Group icon

The forum slaying all those basic bitches

+Quote this post