BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 1001 Gramms, The Norwegian entry for the "Best Foreign Language Film" 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Aug 1 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"1001 Grams" was released in my country three months ago! It is a Norwegian drama with comic elements and several doses of romance. It was screened in many international film festivals and was selected as the official proposal for Norway for the Oscar for “Best Foreign Language Film”! All I knew about this film was its title, since I hadn’t read about the plot on another site nor had I seen its official trailer in the cinema or on the Internet. So I went completely blind to see it in a nice neighborhood cinema at the centre of my city.
The central figure of the story is Marie, a lonely Norwegian scientist, who works in the same scientific center, the Norwegian Bureau of Weights and Measures, with her father. She recently separated from her husband and she tries each time to avoid him when he goes to her house to pick up his things. When she participates in the annually International Bureau of Weights and Measures Conference in Paris, which has to do with the precise measurement of the standard kilogram, she will meet a French gardener, who will make her change her attitude towards life. "1001 Grams" is quite a philosophical film, from which this particular story "weighs" the values of human life. The Norwegian Bent Hammer not only wrote the film script but undertook its visual part too. "1001 Grams" had very interesting directing, well-written script, likeable characters and beautiful soundtrack. Moreover, the photography was magnificent after intense colors prevailed in most shots of the film while the sets reminded of us those that we have seen in other Scandinavian movies too. They were inspired by the editorial of IKEA. The protagonist of the film, Ane Dahl Torp, was very good in her role and performed convincingly as a woman who calmly experiencing the loss of her father and the recent separation from her husband. Besides, the Scandinavians have a completely different culture of the inhabitants of southern Europe and this should be sometime understood by everyone! The plot of the film pleasantly progresses without tiring us and contains one of the most shocking and touching scenes I have seen in the cinema in recent years. It is the scene that perfectly justifies the film's title.
"1001 Grams" was a pleasantly surprising film for me! I think that it could have been suggested by the Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film, but it seems that the latter prefer boring movies like "Ida". It is the third Norwegian film that I have seen in the cinema after "Headhunters" and "Kon-Tiki" and I can say that the Norwegians have a quite high cinematic level. "1001 Grams "is a very special film that will pique your interest in its first minutes and will cause mixed feelings during the plot.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:52 AM