BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Rated R' // 4th Album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cremey
post Mar 10 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #261
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
^^ ohmy.gif

Ooh I hope that's true, all sounds great imo!
Really like 'Photographs', but the last single definitely needs to be 'Fire Bomb'. 'Rockstar 101' wouldn't be a great choice for single and 'Stupid in Love' would just be awful!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 10 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #262
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(WoodsMonk @ Mar 10 2010, 11:06 AM) *
An insider at Def Jam posted this on Rihanna Daily:

Quote:
1. “Photographs” was chosen as the next UK single 2 weeks ago, (not sure about the US). Rihanna and Will.I.am have already discussed details on a video to be shot at the end of spring or beginning of summer.

2. Rihanna is not working on a new album. Def Jam is asking songwriters to submit songs for a end-of-the-year project. Expect this to be similar to Rated R’s version of The Fame Monster.

3. In the last quarter of 2010 Rihanna will take a break from touring to promote the project.

4. After “Photographs”, they are choosing “Stupid in Love”, “Fire Bomb”, or “Rockstar 101″. One of these will probably be the last single until the EP is released.

5. Producers asked to submit songs: Justin Timberlake, Stargate, Darkchild, The Dream, Tricky Stewart and possibly James Faunteleroy.

6. Expect the 1st single off the new version of Rated R in the last quarter of 2010
1. NOOOOO! cry.gif I really cannot see the fuss with this song AT ALL! It makes her look like she's only doing it because it's featuring Will.I.Am! Rihanna STOP! You don't need him now, you have a proper smash in 'Rude Boy' so you have got your big hit of the era! sad.gif

2. HAHA! It was inevitable really LOL. 'Rated R: Still Censored'? kink.gif

3. Good. Another XF performance? ohmy.gif

4. 'FIRE BOMB'! 'FIRE BOMB'! 'FIRE BOMB'! 'FIRE BOMB'! But I have an incredibly crap feeling (as much as I love it) it'll be 'Rockstar 101'! sad.gif

5. Oooft. Like all those producers!

6. AHHHH! Will she be going back to GGGB sorta music? Or will she stick with Rated R, but more 'Rude Boy' side of things... Hmmm...

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Steve D
post Mar 10 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #263
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757
please not Photographs. Fire Bomb then Rockstar 101 please.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Mar 10 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #264
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
FIREBOMB. YES PLZ.

+Quote this post
Sinful
post Mar 10 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #265
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 8,504
'Fire Bomb' before 'Photographs' plzzzzzzzz. 'Fire Bomb' will peak higher if released before, and probably shift a good few albums, 'Photographs' is a nice era closer but I fear that being released 3rd will harm FB's final peak. I feel bad for 'Rockstar' if it doesn't get picked sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Mar 10 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #266
Group icon
And I think Photographs is a GREAT choice for the next single. Another top 10 hit for her.

+Quote this post
Acoustic
post Mar 10 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #267
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,919
If it's going to be a 'The Fame Monster' type of rerelease I hope it's sold seperately! I actually wouldn't mind Photographs if it wasn't for will.i.am's rap which just spoils the song.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Mar 11 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #268
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Rockstar 101' is my firm favourite, but I can't really see how it would work as a single.

I see why they (allegedly) picked 'Photographs', anything with Will.I.Am on it is pretty much guaranteed to do well regardless. Just look at '3 Words' for example... (obviously 'Photographs' is leaps and bounds better though!)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Mar 11 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #269
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I'd prefer it if they went for Fire Bomb before Photographs but both are pretty good single choices for the UK biggrin.gif.

Really excited for the re-release as well. wub.gif

+Quote this post
post Mar 14 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,103
My nan is now a huge Rihanna fan laugh.gif She's loved her since Umbrella and bought Rated R yesterday, I couldn't help but laugh though she's like 55 and she was on Skype singing "I'm the hottest bitch in heels right here!" lol

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Mar 15 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #271
Group icon
This is off topic, but whoever made the banner for the forum is amazing.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Mar 15 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #272
Group icon
^^ It was Chris. (NOT Fishlock tongue.gif) :

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108693

And I agree, it really is amazing!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 29 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #273
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Ugh. I finally put my mum's copy onto my iPod, and after months of listening to the album with explicitives, I'm annoyed that they've all been censored on the UK copy. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Mason
post Oct 30 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #274
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 12,122
After years of bitching, I've decided to listen to Rihanna's "Rated R" album... and to my shock and surprise it is FANTASTIC. Just listened to it on Napster, might just buy it for my collection...

1. Mad House ***
I expected some gruntled voice to say "If you listen to this for 10 more seconds you will die in 7 days" but I went a bit paranoid I think laugh.gif It did its job in making me scared...

2. Wait your turn ****
I've known this song for a year obviously, and it's always been a guilty pleasure of mine. The intro and this song did not glue well together, that's the only negative I'll give it.

3. Hard ****
Another one I've known for about a year, and has been as much as a guilty pleasure as "Wait your turn". The chorus repeats a lot, but doesn't get all too repetitive. The song however doesn't show off her voice in a positive manner, but I guess you don't need that for a song like this.

4. Stupid in love ***
It's a very nice ballad, a bit of a darker version of "Unfaithful". I prefer this one to said song. It's another one that doesn't convince me of Rihanna's vocals. The lyrics are typical Ne-Yo which leaves me equally unimpressed.

5. Rockstar 101 ****
One of the songs the majority would know, but I was unaware of. Slash to me doesn't add anything more to the song. I think this is the first song on the album that defines its style. I picture this would be amazing live as well.

6. Russian Roulette ****
I was not a fan of the song when it first came out, and the video emotionally kicked into me sometimes. It grew on me the more I heard it. I think the lyrics let this one down a bit.

7. Fire bomb *****
ANTHEM! Absolutely love it. In my opinion it shows the attitude of the album, and compliments her voice very well. Clearly the best so far.

8. Rude boy *****
Supercatchy. Never grew old, probably the first song of the Rated R era that I instantly liked and did not hide my admiration for. Sexy and sensual, probably the more positive of the songs on this album. Likely that's the reason I like it a lot.

9. Photographs ****
I am not really a fan of will.i.am which degrades the song a small bit. Especially like the lyrics, and the 80's new age influence. It would however not remain on my playlists, probably due to the sole reason will.i.am is on the track.

10. G4L ****
Sensual, sexy and mesmerizing. Great electrosounds. A good representation of the album's attitude and great lyrics. The first and last lines would make awesome shirts tongue.gif

11. Te amo ****
Another one I liked instantly. Probably the best lyric of any of the songs, a lot of deeper meaning. The latino influences flow well with the electronic sounds.

12. Cold case love *****
6 minutes... long sit but it's a song that wouldn't fit in 3 minutes. This is brilliant stuff... it especially starts catching me from the point the bpm turns up. One of the highlights without a doubt.

13. The last song ***
First of all appropriate title tongue.gif Closing the album with "Cold case love" would've caused an anticlimax, but in my opinion this is not the most brilliant way to end this album. I'd have probably switched this song's running order with "Fire bomb" to give it an orgasmic ending.

This album, has made me appreciate Rihanna in a completely different level. The best song on the album to me is "Fire bomb", weakest "Stupid in love". Counting it all up I give it a 4.3/5. Great job, and can't wait to hear a happier Rihanna on the next album... anxiously awaiting.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post May 29 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #275
Group icon
BABY PUT THE WORK IN LIKE A CHAMPION.

Been listening to 'Rated R' quite a bit over the past few days. Still absolutely love it.
Especially 'Wait Your Turn', hadn't listened to it in FOREVER but it's so damn good. Finally starting to really like 'G4L' too, especially the middle 8.

wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jan 10 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #276
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Safely and easily one of my favourite albums of all time.

Her vocals, her style, the music itself, the visuals, the tour.

This era had EVERYTHING for me.

The track listing also works so well, and even though at the time of release I loved Rude Boy but not as part of the album I fully get why it’s there now.

And it still remains her best album by a long way for me.

She’s made good albums since and before this as it followed GGGB which was huge and Loud came just after it become her biggest album.

I miss this Rihanna though. When I watch clips of her on YT doing promo this album seems to be the one that means the most to her or at least that’s how it came across to me.

And to think she was younger than me now when she released this and it’s such a mature sounding album. Signs of her talent there I guess.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jan 10 2019, 12:53 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 16 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #277
Group icon
Jord
Also that comment saying Rihanna wasn’t recording a new album at the time.

Was that lies as we all now know we got LOUD or was it genuinely right at the time?

Was LOUD like a happy accident what happened or was the re release scrapped?

I’d have loved to have seen Rated R extended as it’s her best album.

It’s #9 position in the UK too is so meh sad.gif I know it sold like 700K and spent ages on the charts but it deserved #1!
Still it was better than peaking at #16 which was where it entered.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 20 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #278
Group icon
Jord
This album is now TEN year old!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 20 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #279
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Masterpiece 😍

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Nov 20 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #280
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Her best album wbk

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:16 AM