BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One Of The Boys - The Singles, 10 years of Katy Perry
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Jul 25 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #1
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

One Of The Boys, released in June 2008, released four singles between April 2008 and April 2009.

Singles[edit]The album's lead single, I Kissed a Girl was released in late April 2008 and subsequently soared up the charts. I Kissed a Girl was a commercial success. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the 1000th chart-topper of the rock era. The song has since become a major worldwide hit, and along with the United States, it has topped the charts in more than twenty countries, including Australia, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. The second single, Hot n Cold, made it onto the chart after the album came out due to digital downloads. It was released in early September, and peaked at number three on the US charts, making it Perry's second consecutive top five single. On November 14, the song became Perry's first number one on radio airplay. It is officially one of the ten best-selling digitally downloaded songs of all time after its initial run.

Thinking of You, the penultimate single, was originally planned to be the first single from the album, but was scrapped for I Kissed a Girl due to its surge in popularity. Thinking of You received a video in late April 2008, but the video was removed from YouTube and replaced by a new video after the single was re-released as the third international single from the album. Perry shot the second video with director Melina Matsoukas in the first week of December 2008. The video for the single was released on December 23, 2008. The track peaked at number twenty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100 on the week of February 12, 2009 where it remained for the next two weeks before declining to number thirty-one in its seventh week on the chart. "Waking Up in Vegas" is the fourth and final single from the album. It went for radio adds on April 21, 2009 in the US. It was released to Australian radio on March 23, 2009, where it became the fourth most added song in its release week. Perry performed it on American Idol in May, resulting in a surge of sales for the song. The music video was shot by Joseph Kahn during March 2009 in Las Vegas and officially premiered on the iTunes Store in the US, and Australia on April 28, 2009.

Rank The Singles
I Kissed a Girl
Hot N Cold
Thinking of You
Waking up in Vegas

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jul 25 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #2
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

I never knew that about "Thinking of You" ohmy.gif Oh how differently her career could have gone if they'd launched her with that. I adore the song but it is not the song to launch a new popstar with!

My ranking:

1. Thinking of You
2. Hot N Cold
3. I Kissed a Girl
4. Waking Up in Vegas

+Quote Post
post Jul 26 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

1 Waking Up in Vegas
2 I Kissed a Girl
3 Hot N Cold

4 Thinking of You

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Jul 27 2018, 03:30 AM
Post #4
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

1. Hot N Cold
2. Waking Up In Vegas
3. I Kissed A Girl
4. Thinking of You

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jul 27 2018, 03:45 AM
Post #5
Beautiful Trauma

1. Waking up in Vegas
2. Thinking of you
3. I kissed a girl
4. Hot n Cold

I love all the singles from this album, so its difficult to rank them in order as it often changes laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 29 2018, 05:41 PM
Post #6
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

01. Hot N Cold
02. Thinking Of You
03. Waking Up In Vegas
04. I Kissed A Girl

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jul 29 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #7
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

01 Hot N Cold
02 Waking up in Vegas
03 I Kissed a Girl
04 Thinking of You

Top three are all 9/10 moments - nowadays I'd probably prefer to listen to 'Vegas' over 'Hot N Cold' but it was a banger back in the day so it still maintains it's value. Should give Thinking of You another go - I do like it but it's not the most memorable compared to the other singles.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jul 31 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #8
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

Hot N Cold is probably one of the best pop songs recorded ever to be honest wub.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 1 2018, 12:19 AM
Post #9
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Jul 31 2018, 11:14 PM) *
Hot N Cold is probably one of the best pop songs recorded ever to be honest wub.gif

Agreed, literal pop heaven <3 so happy it’s the most remembered song from her first era, tbh I’d say only Firework is remembered more from Teenage Dream also!

01 Hot N’ Cold
02 I Kissed A Girl
03 Thinking Of You
04 Waking Up In Vegas

I enjoy I Kissed A Girl too (minus some choice lyrics ~) The other two are mediocre af, I’ve never gotten them sad.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Aug 1 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #10
Beautiful Trauma

I love Hot n Cold, but after discovering this recently while doing some research, it kinda ruined the song for me, in a fun way I guess laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:07 AM