BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

153 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie: Daily News
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney
post Jun 17 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,680
Shooting stars

Gisele Bündchen and Robbie Williams appeared in a picture taken by Testino. Photo: Courtesy of Mario Testino

A girl with a red camera hanging on her shoulder reaches out her hand, as if she was placing Lady Di's framed photograph on the wall, then she looks at the same photo of the late princess in her booklet. "Stars and royalty almost never laugh like that, I wonder what the photographer told her to make her laugh so spontaneously," noted the design student, who was on a school trip to the Today Art Museum. In the picture, Diana Spencer or the People's Princess, as she was often called, laughs unabashedly, immortalized in happiness. There are over 80 iconic images of modern celebrities and royalty lining the walls of the Today Art Museum in Beijing, in homage to fashion, royalty and photo journalism. Mario Testino: Private View represents famed photographer Mario Testino's first exhibition in China. The display celebrates a 30-year career with a recently assembled series of photos from his private collection, at the Today Art Museum until June 27.

Well-known for his glamorous, risqué and timeless shots of celebrities and cultural icons, visitors can recognize many of the portraits from a myriad of fashion magazine covers such as Vogue and Vanity Fair. Testino's muses Kate Moss and Gisele Bündchen, award-winning actors and actresses like Nicole Kidman and Brad Pitt, singers and fashion designers were all captured by the Peruvian-born photographer.

"I've never 'been' with so many famous people in one room," a foreign male visitor said, describing the photos as "bold and beautiful." The exhibition is organized in a manner that guides the viewer through different sections: Larger than Life shows iconic pictures of the world's most celebrated people; Portraits of the British Royal Family is a series of Testino's instantly recognizable royal portraits; while In my Own Fashion shows his fashion works.

"Beijing is an incredible place, full of surprises, you get a real sense of discovery," said Testino at the press conference for the exhibition in Beijing. "I wanted to show my work in China, somewhere I have never exhibited before," he added. "It was like understanding a puzzle: seeing how the fashion works influenced the celebrity portrait works, which in turn influenced the royal works and so on. I felt the only way of making the exhibition was to show all these different sides of my life together, creating a private view of the world I have been documenting."

Testino famously photographed Princess Diana weeks before she died and put Margaret Thatcher on the cover of Vogue. Without Chinese celebrities in his portfolio as yet, and although the authorities are rumored to have vetted some of the photos, Testino's close relationship with the fashion world seems to be paving the way for an entry into China, and he plans to take the show to other Asian countries.

Where: Today Art Museum

When: 10 am to 5 pm (last entry at 4 pm), until June 27

Tickets: 10 and 20 yuan, free entry for children under six

Globaltimes.com
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jun 28 2012, 05:25 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Robbie & Ayda in LA, outside a recording studio it seems

Thanks to TRWS

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jun 28 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #23
Group icon
The Last of the Rock Stars
User: 368
Baby Bump in evidence biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 2 2012, 06:04 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Robbie Williams pulls out of Olympic closing ceremony as his wife's due to give birth

Robbie has had a sudden change of heart, telling *organisers that his wife is expected to give birth around that time

Robbie Williams has pulled out of the Olympic closing ceremony because it clashes with his pregnant wife’s due date, plunging stunned organisers into chaos.

The 38-year-old singer was given a high-profile slot to perform David Bowie’s 1971 hit Life on Mars? during the August 12 finale.

He had agreed to do the number and rehearsals were already under way.

But Robbie had a sudden change of heart, telling *organisers that his wife Ayda Field is expected to give birth around that time.

Bosses are said to be miffed he didn’t tell them earlier.

A source said: “Robbie quit a few weeks ago. He had been lined up to perform solo material and it was hoped he would sing with Take That.

“However, just as rehearsals were kicking off, he said there was an *unfortunate clash of dates.

"It meant organisers had to adjust the entire schedule, because Robbie is an extremely high-profile performer, and had been given such a important role in the finale.

“A lot of organisers are now very unhappy. It’s such a huge moment for British music and they thought they had the perfect line-up.

“Obviously, Robbie has to put his family commitments first. It’s just a shame he didn’t realise earlier.”

Due soon: Ayda should be giving birth around the same time as the closing ceremony

Robbie confirmed back in March he was having his first child with Ayda, 33.

He posted on his blog: “Me and Ayda are going to be a mummy and daddy this year!!!!!!!!”

The star later revealed they are having a girl.

Robbie’s cancellation is another blow for organisers as Leona Lewis confirmed last week her rumoured duet with Adele would not be taking place.

There’s also been speculation the Sex Pistols turned down the opportunity to perform.

The two-and-a-half hour ceremony, which takes place at London’s Olympic Park, is still due to feature George Michael, The Who, Emeli Sande and Take That.

Models Kate Moss, Naomi *Campbell and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley are due to appear as ambassadors of British fashion.

The music playlist was revealed earlier this month, including several Bowie hits, music by The Who and Sex Pistols.

None of Robbie’s tracks was selected, though.

A spokesman for Robbie said: “He was asked to do the closing ceremony but due to the imminent birth of his baby, he couldn’t take part.”

Games *organisers refused to comment on the pull-out.

A spokeswoman for London 2012 said last night: “We want our ceremonies to be a surprise. We’ve kept all acts that might be taking part under wraps.

"There’s a lot of speculation flying about, but we’re not commenting on it.”

Mirror UK

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 4 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Maybe Daniel O'Donnell is free that night unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 5 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Singing at eight with Robbie Williams, now a £1m record deal for London teenager

05 July 2012

A London teenager whose group has won a £1 million record contract told how singing for Robbie Williams at the age of eight inspired him to follow his dreams.

Henry Tredinnick, 18, from Wimbledon, was introduced to Williams at the Olympic Studios in Barnes. He had begged his father Adrian, who works in the music business, to take him there.

He said: “Robbie was singing in the booth when we walked in and I thought ‘that is what I want to do’. Robbie asked me ‘what did you think of that, mate?’ I said, ‘I want to be a singer like you.’ He replied ‘well go on then.’

“The next minute I was in the booth singing for him and producer Guy Chambers! It was so cool.”

Ten years later, Tredinnick has just graduated from the Brit School in Croydon, where he formed South 4 with Joel Bayliss and Luke Newton, both 18, and Oli Evans, 19.

This week they released their first single, Cougar Town.

Producer Paul Moessl, who has worked with Pussycat Dolls and Sting, said: “These lads will storm the charts.”

Evening Standard

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 6 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Thanks to TRWS cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 6 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Ooooooh I quite like that look w00t.gif

What's he up to now? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sparkle
post Jul 7 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 518
QUOTE(Jasmena @ Jul 6 2012, 08:30 PM) *
Thanks to TRWS cheer.gif

There's snow on the floor, can't be a recent picture unless he is somewhere cold unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 8 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sparkle @ Jul 7 2012, 09:20 PM) *
There's snow on the floor, can't be a recent picture unless he is somewhere cold unsure.gif

Naw! It was during the Progress tour it seems dry.gif , excitement over blink.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 9 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #31
Group icon
nocheer.gif Oh

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 10 2012, 05:42 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
http://mynikonlife.com.au/iam#mnl-video

NIKON CREATES ITS FIRST 3D AD

10 July, 2012

Camera brand Nikon is set to launch its first 3D cinema ad in Sydney later this week.

The cinema advert is a 3D version of the brand’s popular ‘I am Nikon’ campaign which features Stephanie Gilmore, Jamie Oliver and Robbie Williams.

The two-minute ad will be show during cinema ad-network Val Morgan’s pre-show program at all main Hoyts and Event Cinemas from July 12.

Nick Segger, senior marketing manager Nikon Australia, said: “Following the huge success of the ‘I am Nikon’ campaign on TV and in cinema, 3D animation was the logical next step, to bring this inspirations content to life.”

“Nikon is committed to the use of innovative, emerging technology in our cameras and lenses and we fell that the new 3D advertising is a reflection of this.

“Watching our two minute ad on the big screen with surround sound is a moving experience, seeing it in 3D will take it to the next level.”

The TVC was converted into 3D by New Zealand post production facility Park Road.

Dan Hill, Val Morgan’s national sales manager, added: “Savvy brands are understanding that cinema provides the ultimate audio visual platform for advertising.”

source B&T Marketing & Media

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 10 2012, 06:09 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Sunderland photographer snaps music stars

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/lifestyle/....stars-1-4717234

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 15 2012, 06:47 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Robbie new song yahoo.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 15 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The song is a cover ... I like it though, I can see Robbie making a good job of this song

The video thanks to TRWS

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 15 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Is this a new single or an album track or just Robbie singing along to a random song on his PC? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 15 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
From
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...irth-child.html

Robbie Williams and wife Ayda Field to return to UK for birth of first child

By Katie Nicholl

He may have abandoned Britain for Los Angeles six years ago, but Robbie Williams has decided the UK is the only place for his first baby to be born.

The Take That star is moving back to Britain later this month with his American wife Ayda Field, who is expecting a baby girl in August.

It promises to be a baby-boom summer for the stars of Take That – Gary Barlow’s wife Dawn and Mark Owen’s wife Emma are also due to give birth around the same time.
UK bound: Robbie Williams and his wife Ayda Field have apparently decided that their impending arrival will be born in London

UK bound: Robbie Williams and his wife Ayda Field have apparently decided that their impending arrival will be born in London

Robbie, 38, and Ayda, 33, have decided to have the child in London and Robbie has booked his wife into a top private hospital for the birth.

He has told friends he wants his daughter to be born in the UK and have a British passport. The couple, who married in 2010, are house-hunting for a place in Central London.

‘Robbie loves LA and they won’t be selling their house there but the plan is to come back to the UK for the foreseeable future and certainly until the end of the year,’ says a friend.

‘Robbie is also going to be busy with work as he’s releasing a new album later this year.’

Another friend says: ‘Ayda is ecstatic and so is Robbie. All is going well with the pregnancy.

‘It took them a long time to decide where to have the baby. Their main residence will be LA, but to Robbie, England is home and that’s why he wants his child born here.’

Ayda is said to be looking forward to spending time with Dawn Barlow and Emma Owen once the babies are born.

‘Ayda is incredibly calm and mellow. Both she and Robbie can’t wait to meet their daughter,’ adds the friend.

Williams has lived in LA since 2006 and has a £12 million mansion there. He moved back to the UK in 2009, buying an £8 million house in Compton Bassett, Wiltshire, but returned to California after just eight months because of the cold weather.

A spokesman for the star declined to comment.

sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post Jul 16 2012, 05:46 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jupiter9 @ Jul 15 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Is this a new single or an album track or just Robbie singing along to a random song on his PC? unsure.gif

He mentions it on the video I believe ... maybe it will be a track on the album or a B-side ...

This post has been edited by Jasmena: Jul 16 2012, 05:47 AM

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 17 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #39
Group icon
From

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/view/51...ver-stage-slip/

ROBBIE WILLIAMS has reached out to console fellow pop star OLLY MURS following his embarrassing stage slip over the weekend (14-15Jul12) by sharing a video of his own fall from grace in front of millions of fans.

Murs was left red-faced during his performance at the GuilFest music event in Surrey on Saturday (14Jul12) when he fell down a flight of wet stairs in front of a huge crowd.

The singer admits he has been the butt of his friends and family's jokes following the incident, but his famous pal Williams has helped ease his embarrassment by sending him footage of his own on-stage slip-up.

Murs tells radio station Capital FM, "Literally for the last couple of days I've had every friend I know - my cousins, my uncles - everybody I know is killing me (over the fall).

"It was really funny because I was in last night and I got an email from Robbie (Williams). And Robbie said, 'Just so you feel better about yourself.'

"And he sent me a link of him falling over on stage at this massive show, live on TV, in front of 24 countries and 300 million people or something. I thought that was really sweet."

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post Jul 17 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Yip Rob, we remember it well..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post

153 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:05 PM