BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweet Tooth, Netflix, Season 1 out now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 18th June 2021, 04:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Has anybody else watched this or been watching it?

When it first popped up on my radar I was not quite sure, the concept seemed farfetched and trying to appeal to children and adults can be so hard sometimes, it took Marvel a while to really get there for example. This has been getting excellent critical and audience reviews though.

I've watched the show and they do get the tone absolutely spot on. The two lead characters are fantastic and somehow it works. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already, really hope Netflix grant a Season 2 after being cancel friendly so often!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 13th July 2021, 05:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

We ended up watching this after we clicked random on netflix and this started... it was great! I agree that the tone was really spot on. Somehow the trailer on Netflix itself when I'd seen it hadn't made me want to watch it at all but it's so much more than just hybrid babies.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 4th September 2021, 12:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I'm a little late to this, but I just finished it and loved it, probably my favourite new series of the year wub.gif Apparently the comics it's based on are a lot darker, but I wouldn't have guessed so. I thought this was gloriously odd and both extremely emotional and thrilling at the same time, with some excellent characters, it obviously hits a lot harder in a post-pandemic world but even without that, I think it works really well.

Been commissioned for a second series too! I'm glad as I was NOT prepared for that many cliffhangers and for all the stories to intertwine!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th June 2023, 12:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Found this on Netflix last weekend when looking for something to watch and I have been so impressed with it so far. Both Gus and Big Man are compelling, interesting characters that bounce off each other so well. I'm not even finished season 1 yet (just seen the flashback episode so only the finale to go....!!!) but I'm hooked, it strikes the balance so well between the depressing outside world and the optimism and hope of Gus' world.

I see it's been renewed for a third and final season too, so I'm delighted it'll get a proper conclusion (not a certainty on Netflix as we all know)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 25th June 2023, 12:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Good to see a new fan! I would be prepared for that finale though </3

I'm three episodes into S2 and it's a little slow paced but I'm hoping the storylines can converge to a satisfying whole. Been so little discussion I've seen elsewhere, so I guess in that sense I'm glad it has one last season so it can have a chance to conclude rather than being cancelled.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 25th June 2023, 01:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

We finished S2 as soon as it was released. I think S2 suffers from being set predominately in the same places as opposed to the excellent S1 which felt much more like a classic LOTR/His Dark Materials style quest story meeting new characters as they go. The set up for S3 does look more promising though and I'm definitely glad they are drawing it to a satisfying close given we all know Netflix!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:08 PM