BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Evil Genius, The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 10th June 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I recommend going into this COLD (unless you'd already heard about the events of the Pizza Man Bank Robbery ofc!!) but here's the description from Wiki:

Trey Borzillieri, the co-director of Evil Genius, first got the idea to make a series about a high-profile crime after watching Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. He became captivated with the murder of Brian Wells when evidence emerged that Wells may have been forced to commit the robbery with a bomb strapped to his chest. He subsequently began interviewing people around Erie, Pennsylvania, where the incident had occurred. In 2005, two years after Wells's death, Borzillieri struck up a correspondence with Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong, originally because she was one of the only people who might have information about the (then) cold case.[4]He spent years investigating the case, including interacting extensively with Diehl-Armstrong while she was in prison

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th June 2018, 09:19 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

This is only a four part series, on Netflix now, so a fairly quick watch and I would really recommend if you're into True Crime stuff! Not really watched many stuff from the genre since Making a Murderer but I know there's a few on Netflix that have caught my attention and I thought I'd give this a go considering the short length.

Found it really engrossing and, the first episode in particular, was very chilling - don't watch if you're quite sensitive!! It's really stayed with me, I think largely because you do get to see Brian Wells last moments. I feel it maybe could have gone into a bit more detail but its still a good exploration of the 'evil genius'.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 10th June 2018, 09:33 AM
Post #3
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

QUOTE(Klaus @ Jun 10 2018, 05:19 PM) *
This is only a four part series, on Netflix now, so a fairly quick watch and I would really recommend if you're into True Crime stuff! Not really watched many stuff from the genre since Making a Murderer but I know there's a few on Netflix that have caught my attention and I thought I'd give this a go considering the short length.

Found it really engrossing and, the first episode in particular, was very chilling - don't watch if you're quite sensitive!! It's really stayed with me, I think largely because you do get to see Brian Wells last moments. I feel it maybe could have gone into a bit more detail but its still a good exploration of the 'evil genius'.

I was really hooked on this until that moment but I couldn’t watch any more of it, I’m normally ok with that sort of sensitive material but jesus

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th June 2018, 10:00 AM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

I did have to pause it and ask did I really just watch that

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 10th June 2018, 10:15 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

I really need to check this out

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 23rd June 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Ok I finally watched it and WOW was it incredibly well done. I went in cold so all of the twists and turns were incredibly gripping, definitely one of the most interesting cases I’ve looked into now. Brian Wells’ death was incredibly shocking, I was so surprised they just showed it like that, definitely something that’s gonna stick with me. Definitely recommend if this is your sort of thing.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:03 AM