BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Conrad Sewell - Taste the Feeling, Coca-Cola campaign single | produced by Avicii
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 19th January 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Rising Australian singer Conrad Sewell is the new voice of Coca-Cola. Sewell, known to fans emotional pop ballads like the single “Start Again,” performs the theme of Coke’s just launched campaign, “Taste the Feeling.”

The campaign, announced at a press conference in Paris this morning (Jan. 19), is Coke’s first in seven years, and the first ever to unite all of the Coke brands in the same global spots, which “celebrate the experience of drinking a Coca-Cola, any Coca-Cola.” The theme song, which listens like a pop hit that just happens to mention having a Coke, was produced by Avicii, a longtime collaborator with the brand.

“It’s just a great song,” Sewell tells Billboard. “I’m excited about what’s coming.”

For Sewell, 27, that will include international performances that could be tied to Coke campaigns for the Rio 2016 Olympics and the UEFA EURO 2016 soccer tournament, among other hooks.

Avicii will produce additional versions of the song around those events. He also produced a version of the song for the campaign’s interactive digital experience, GIF the Feeling, which lets users personalize a GIF scene with “real-time feelings” and share it.

As in the past, Coke partnered with agency Music Dealers to develop the song. “Taste the Feeling” was written by Scott Fritz, Jeremy Bircher, and Josh Jones.

"As we searched for the perfect song this one stood out from day one as something really special," Joe Belliotti, Coke's head of global music, said in an announcement from the company.

“Taste the Feeling” will soon be available on streaming services.

Sewell, whose first solo release, All I Know, came out in late 2015 on Lyor Cohen’s 300 Entertainment label, begins a U.S. tour tomorrow (Jan. 20), opening for Jess Glynne at a sold-out show at Webster Hall in New York. The tour will wrap up Feb. 10 at San Diego’s House of Blues.

“I’m just riding the train,” he says of the current momentum of his career.

It sounds nothing like anything Avicii would produce, and it's far from one of Conrad's strongest songs, but it's nice nonetheless and good to get his name out there! cheer.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 19th January 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I can't hear any Avicii in this either, it just sounds like standard guitar pop that a few session musicians half-heartedly concocted.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th January 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Conrad's own singles (and Firestone too) are definitely better than this, but I do like the vibe. It's quite clearly aimed at the campaign only, particularly with Coke references in the lyrics laugh.gif I do hope it can get Conrad's name out there though, better late than never drama.gif

*plug for one of Conrad's proper singles*

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 20th January 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

*Takes interest in the subtitle*

*Interest lowers slightly after reading replies*

Well I expect this will sound like Feeling Good (which sounded nothing like Avicii also)

Just checked and Feeling Good was a campaign for Volvo. I see a pattern going on.

This post has been edited by FreezeTimeAdam❄️: 20th January 2016, 09:24 AM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:07 AM