BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Should've Been A Single 2019: Round 4 (Sweetener), R.E.M should be successful, everytime!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Category is: Other singles for 'sweetener'...
What are your picks?
blazed [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
the light is coming [ 1 ] ** [3.03%]
R.E.M. [ 3 ] ** [9.09%]
sweetener [ 7 ] ** [21.21%]
successful [ 2 ] ** [6.06%]
everytime [ 11 ] ** [33.33%]
borderline [ 1 ] ** [3.03%]
better off [ 3 ] ** [9.09%]
goodnight n go [ 5 ] ** [15.15%]
get well soon [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total votes: 16

JulianNial
post Jul 8 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
Version 2: Two years later!
Ari has had SO many smashes, many of which never got blessed with a video, radio airplay, multiple live performances or became beloved by the GP like many of her smash hits today.
Simple question and with no limitation to answers, which tracks do you imagine would/should have left a mark on Pop Culture and deserved a place in Ariana's 'Singles Discography'?
We're giving you ALL, a job as Ariana's bestfriend and record executive and travelling you back in time...

In order to decide which song will be lifted as the next single from Ari's smash hit albums you will...
RULES:
- Vote for ALL of the songs that you would have liked to or think would have worked as single releases.
- Last time the top 3 tracks moved onto the final from each album, however this time we have 5 albums worth, so only the top 2 will be making it to the next round.
- After each album is complete, all of the tracks will compete in a head to head 'Eurovision style' vote.
- Promo Singles WILL be included.
- Polls will be 3 days apart, voting will remain open.

On to the next round, we have a new album that didn't exist the last time!
I think we can all agree that the 3 correct singles were chosen and there would have been no time for a fourth between 'Breathin' and 'thank u, next'. However, let's pretend that 'thank u, next' was delayed a few months because the label were very strict about not moving on to the next album so quickly (which in the end would have been an idiotic move), what would you have chosen for following singles, to me I have a few guesses which tracks will do well here.
The most successful non-single track was; title track 'sweetener', which charted moderately well around the world after first week cherry picking. 'everytime' and 'R.E.M.' also fared quite well, sharing a similar amount of success as each other. To me 'R.E.M.' always seemed a nice option for a Winter single, maybe with a festive remix, changing the lyrics to "I just wanna wake up, wake up, on Christmas day." I like that idea (not to toot my own horn laugh.gif). However for me, the strongest and most radio friendly track left is; 'everytime', that I still listen to often and due to the success of 'sweetener', If I had to, I'd chuck it in on the end as a nice closer. Also wouldn't have been mad at goodnight n go getting a push.

Again I won't be including any interludes.
What are your picks?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 8 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Absolutely none of them.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 8 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
I think the singles run was perfect from this era but the most viable options left are 'sweetener' and 'everytime'.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jul 8 2019, 12:27 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Julian Nial
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 8 2019, 01:02 PM) *
Absolutely none of them.

Yeh the quality of the other 3 doesn't even match, the only I'd really consider as close would be 'everytime'.

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 8 2019, 01:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Everytime, and none of the others. The choices for singles on this album were perfect.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Jul 8 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
The three singles chosen are one of the best runs of singles from a campaign ever — nothing else comes close.

everytime, sweetener or goodnight n go (at a push) would have been the only other options.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 8 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
sweetener and everytime for me, but I agree the three we got were absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jul 9 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Julian Nial
Not too many votes for this one, I'm guessing it's because no one wanted any more singles. kink.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Jul 9 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Everytime & Successful for me.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 9 2019, 10:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Yeah the singles run was FLAWLESS. Even stopping at 3 aha. But for this competition, I think 'sweetener' & 'goodnight n go' were the most suitable options after. Especially as the former charted already (or came close to doing so?) Iirc.

I'm so surprised 'everytime' is so popular. I can't even remember how it goes!?

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 9 2019, 10:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 9 2019, 11:29 PM) *
Yeah the singles run was FLAWLESS. Even stopping at 3 aha. But for this competition, I think 'sweetener' & 'goodnight n go' were the most suitable options after. Especially as the former charted already (or came close to doing so?) Iirc.

I'm so surprised 'everytime' is so popular. I can't even remember how it goes!?

'sweetener' indeed charted at #22 here *.* I vividly remember that chart show and the comparisons of that song to the Bop It game laugh.gif

I must admit that I had no idea how popular 'everytime' was until the 'thank u, sweet' rate ohmy.gif but it is a beaut so I get why. I tend to remember it better when thinking of it as the "back to you" song, as that is way more prominent in the chorus than its actual title laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 9 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 9 2019, 11:42 PM) *
'sweetener' indeed charted at #22 here *.* I vividly remember that chart show and the comparisons of that song to the Bop It game laugh.gif

I must admit that I had no idea how popular 'everytime' was until the 'thank u, sweet' rate ohmy.gif but it is a beaut so I get why. I tend to remember it better when thinking of it as the "back to you" song, as that is way more prominent in the chorus than its actual title laugh.gif
I know which track it is now you've said that aha!! But that's the only bit that I remember of it laugh.gif still dunno what makes it stand out so much more but mehhh w/e laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 9 2019, 11:48 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
goodnight n go as a winter single

sweetener the title track to close the era

I really feel like this album will be more appreciated as time passes.

Her best album for me!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jul 13 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Julian Nial
There's really not much in it for the "Wildcard" here, but as it stands, if no one else votes, we have:

FINALISTS
- everytime
- sweetener

WILDCARD
- goodnight n go

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:17 AM