BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #23, this week: fire & wine // +links +writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jun 15 2018, 04:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
She's burning up and she isn't cooling down; Fuego rises like smoke to the top this week, becoming my first Eurovision chart topper since Gabbani's ill-fated entry last year. I'm still of the opinion that Eleni was ROBBED by Netta's chinese chicken routine, but what can you do. Christina drops down to 3, while Camila and Pharrell, Stefflon, and Clean Bandit all move up into pole position for a possible takeover next week!

J Balvin, Prides and Becky G all move into the top 10, while Rita's somewhat disappointing Girls takes a new peak - but I don't see it reaching the heights of Anywhere any time soon unfortunately. Big rises also come from Christine, Elohim and Jonas Blue. As for brand newies, this week those come from BTS, Rainsford, Morcheeba, Inna, Honne, Jhene Aiko, Brooke Candy and JLo. There might possibly be a BJSC potential of mine among those too tongue.gif

I'll link the videos to the new entries a bit later in the week to save you having to imagine what they sound like biggrin.gif

If you can't wait of course, feel free to check out my (linked) spotify playlists at the bottom of this post where you'll find them and a bunch of other great tracks wink.gif

Here's the whole top 40 list for the second week of June:

01 Eleni Foureira - Fuego [18-5-2-1]
02 Pharrell & Camila Cabello - Sangria Wine [6-2]
03 Christina Aguilera ft. 2 Chainz + Ty Dolla $ign - Accelerate [26-4-1-1-3]
04 Clean Bandit ft. Demi Lovato - Solo [9-4]
05 Stefflon Don - Senseless [10-5]
06 Rita Ora ft. Charli XCX, Bebe Rexha + Cardi B - Girls [37-18-7-6]
07 Prides - On Our Own [18-7]
08 Becky G ft. Natti Natasha - Sin Pijama [13-11-8]
09 Sean Paul ft. Major Lazer - Tip Pon It [17-3-3-3-9]
10 Nicky Jam ft. J Balvin - X [27-12-10]
11 Jonas Blue ft. Jack & Jack - Rise [38-11]
12 Vic Mensa - Coffee & Cigarettes [34-5-4-4-12]
13 Christine and the Queens ft. Dam-Funk - Girlfriend [24-13]
14 Bastille - Quarter Past Midnight [26-14-14]
15 Elohim - Half Love [28-15]
16 Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry [13-5-1-6-19-16]
17 G-Eazy ft. Sam Martin - Leviathan [19-8-8-17]
18 Morcheeba - It's Summertime [N]
19 Calvin Harris ft. Dua Lipa - One Kiss [12-8-8-12-25-17-15-19]
20 VUKOVI - Prey [34-20]
21 EZI - Dancing in a Room [8-2-2-5-21]
22 Sofia Reyes ft. Jason Derulo + De La Ghetto - 1, 2, 3 [36-22]
23 BTS - FAKE LOVE [N]
24 Rainsford ft. Twin Shadow - Intentions [N]
25 Paramore - Rose-Colored Boy [35-23-25]
26 Lucian ft. Matilda - Can't Do Better [25-26]
27 Anne-Marie - 2002 [31-27]
28 Brooke Candy - War [N]
29 Inna x Rengle - Me Gusta (Remix) [N]
30 Honne - 306 [N]
31 Lady Leshurr - OMW [35-31]
32 Jhene Aiko ft. Brandy - Ascension [N]
33 Plan B - Guess Again [34-32-33]
34 HAIM - Found it in Silence [27-19-20-34]
35 Lion Babe ft. Leikeli47 [37-39-35]
36 Cleo Sol - Why Don't You [33-36]
37 Grace Carter - Saving Grace [20-12-13-37]
38 Post Malone ft. Nicki Minaj - Ball For Me [27-33-32-X1-38]
39 Kiiara - Messy [39-40-39]
40 Jennifer Lopez ft. DJ Khaled + Cardi B - Dinero [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (1)
Chvrches – Get Out (1)
M.O ft. Lotto Boyzz + Mr Eazi – Bad Vibe (1)
Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd – Sativa (1)
Paloma Faith – Til I'm Done (1)
HAIM – You Never Knew (1)
Rae Sremmurd ft. Juicy J – Powerglide (1)
Tinashe ft. Offset – No Drama (1)
Inna – Tropical (1)
Kylie Minogue – Stop Me From Falling (2)
Azealia Banks – Anna Wintour (2)
Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li (1)
Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry (1)
Christina Aguilera ft. 2 Chainz + Ty Dolla $ign – Accelerate (2)
Eleni Foureira – Fuego (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jόpiter: Jun 19 2018, 07:59 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jun 15 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Oh my at Butterflies by AJ Tracey and Not3s not making your chart despite the lyric in it about Jupiter! ohmy.gif

Fuego is good, especially the instrumental bit after the chorus!

'Rise' is also a decent enough tune.

This post has been edited by The Snake: Jun 15 2018, 05:06 PM

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Jun 15 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Happy to see "Fuego" at #1 and "Sangria Wine" at #2!
I also like the big gains for "Rise" and "1,2,3"!
And finally I like the debuts of "Fake Love" and "Ascension"!
Great chart as always!

+Quote this post
seven.
post Jun 16 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
hi Jupiter!

should check out Prides' new stuff, really liked some of their singles a few years ago

loving the Christine & the Queens and Bastille songs~ Half Love is one of Elohim's best too next to Hallucinating

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jun 19 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
A few fewer new entries this week than usual after a release week a few weeks back that saturated with lots of great releases all at once that have stuck around! Here's this week's eight, in no particular order:

Brooke Candy sees her first entry of 2018 soundshifting into riot grrl with a political message and actual guitars! I'm still lowkey mad she postponed her tour when I's booked time off work and all for it, but tbh her going all Sleigh Bells on me is almost worth it. No doubt an EP or something is coming up soon, and I'm so here for that.

On the complete opposite end sonically, Jhene's Brandy-assisted thoughtful and calm Ascension becomes her 8th charter from Trip. The track returns Brandy to my charts for the first time since 2014-15 when remixes of her older songs were briefly popular on the alt EDM/chill trap scene. If you're fond of acoustic R&B ballads I'd recommend this one.

Continuing with artists that chart a lot on my personals, Inna notches up another tune from Nirvana's oeuvre this week with the RENGLE remix of Me Gusta. Featuring some genderqueer dancers in the video, it's a good one for Pride month.

Honne return to my top 30 with 306, the second charter from upcoming album #2. It's a decent song but nothing from this album's really hit me like their early work.

Finally for established artists, Jennifer Lopez squeaks in at the end with Khaled and Cardi with Dinero. It means money, for the less Spanish-inclined readers wink.gif A song I was mixed on at first but the 'me and Benjamin Franco' hook is such an earworm after a few listens ohmy.gif

Blasting in as brand new artists, BTS debut their first entry FAKE LOVE. I'm no stranger to K-Pop but male groups don't usually do it for me, especially bigger ones - it's somehow more obviously manufactured, and the music's just not as much to my taste. The hook on this is just too catchy though, and the rap lead's also a big plus for me.

Morcheeba I don't think have released anything I've liked for a while and so haven't charted for me yet, but the newly-released It's Summertime is a gorgeous return to form for them. Singer Skye left the band for a while but is now back and better than ever. Looking forward to checking the new album out. This is a great chill lounge bop that sounds fresh out of the late 90s.

And finally for this week, Rainsford, a new artist, debuts a new track with Twin Shadow. Safe to say I love the slightly New Rules influenced video with, again, somewhat queered dancers, and the combination of a slow tempo indie song with a dance video. One to keep an eye on.

Til next week wink.gif Cheers to those who've commented so far, and if you have thoughts or comments, feel free to say so!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jun 20 2018, 02:05 AM
Post #6
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Hey Jupiter!

Sangria Wine Top 2? ohmy.gif I thought most people didn't like that on here, I'm not a huge fan as they have both done way better songs in the past but I don't mind it when it comes on shuffle tongue.gif

Jonas Blue, Vic Mensa, Bastille, Ariana, G-Eazy all great in your Top 20 wub.gif Ariana especially, she's already had such a fantastic era so far and I'm so excited for the new song this week *.* (Dance To This and Bed are bops too)

Nice to see Ball For Me charting (again) here, definitely a highlight from Post Malone's album although I've been enjoying most of it lately tongue.gif Better Now is a fave though

Great chart!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jun 20 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
QUOTE(The Snake @ Jun 15 2018, 06:03 PM) *
Oh my at Butterflies by AJ Tracey and Not3s not making your chart despite the lyric in it about Jupiter! ohmy.gif

Fuego is good, especially the instrumental bit after the chorus!

'Rise' is also a decent enough tune.

That's the best part of Fuego, right?! I guess I will have to look that one up tongue.gif

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Jun 15 2018, 09:59 PM) *
Happy to see "Fuego" at #1 and "Sangria Wine" at #2!
I also like the big gains for "Rise" and "1,2,3"!
And finally I like the debuts of "Fake Love" and "Ascension"!
Great chart as always!

Thank you Sergej! Nice to see another Jhene fan and someone who likes 1,2,3!

QUOTE(SevenSeize @ Jun 17 2018, 12:16 AM) *
hi Jupiter!

should check out Prides' new stuff, really liked some of their singles a few years ago

loving the Christine & the Queens and Bastille songs~ Half Love is one of Elohim's best too next to Hallucinating

Cheers, I only discovered Half Love a few weeks ago and it's my fave of her solos off the bat; look out for this taking a big zoom up next week wink.gif

QUOTE(Dexton @ Jun 20 2018, 03:05 AM) *
Hey Jupiter!

Sangria Wine Top 2? ohmy.gif I thought most people didn't like that on here, I'm not a huge fan as they have both done way better songs in the past but I don't mind it when it comes on shuffle tongue.gif

Jonas Blue, Vic Mensa, Bastille, Ariana, G-Eazy all great in your Top 20 wub.gif Ariana especially, she's already had such a fantastic era so far and I'm so excited for the new song this week *.* (Dance To This and Bed are bops too)

Nice to see Ball For Me charting (again) here, definitely a highlight from Post Malone's album although I've been enjoying most of it lately tongue.gif Better Now is a fave though

Great chart!

I actually really like Sangria Wine :') it's Camila's highest charter for me so far, I like the unusual production and the beat of it biggrin.gif
Nice to see someone else liking the Vic and G-Eazy tunes too biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for commenting! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:16 AM