BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Leona Lewis - TBA, 6th album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
slowdown73
post Sep 4 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Oh dear. Callum Scott is awful. He did that dreary version of Robyn's great song. Surely, they could have picked a far better person than him to duet with?

This post has been edited by slowdown73: Sep 4 2017, 11:06 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Sep 5 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #202
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348
QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Sep 5 2017, 12:05 AM) *
Oh dear. Callum Scott is awful. He did that dreary version of Robyn's great song. Surely, they could have picked a far better person than him to duet with?

She has loads of collabs lined up apparently. And Leona isn't really in a position to pick and choose the cream of the crop, this is about building her exposure again and he had a big hit last year and has now signed with Capitol Records and recorded an album, so will no doubt be getting a major push this year.

If he blows up then that's great for Leona, if not then no harm done.

+Quote this post
Post #203
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912
Yeah i'm down with that, great voice.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Sep 5 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #204
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
That's ok. I liked his cover of "Dancing On My Own", but not sure if his voice and Leona's would mesh well together.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Sep 6 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #205
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
Can she not :s

+Quote this post
GTH
post Sep 8 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #206
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597
Based on the wording it sounds like Leona thought his voice would fit a certain song. If that is the case I will trust her judgement, it's not like she is known for collaborating with anyone for the sake of it.

I would quite like to see Leona do a Broken Strings style song with a male singer.

+Quote this post
missingyou
post Sep 8 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #207
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429
Miss Leona, such a shame how it all turned out. Is she signed to any label now?

+Quote this post
LeonaLewisIAm
post Sep 9 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #208
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,261
I hope all this wait is worth it.. I wonder if she can top I Am (her best album imo I know most do not agree) with this record. I hope she takes a big part in the creative process like she did in I Am it did wonders

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Sep 9 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #209
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,833
Just saw the pics of Leona Lewis browsing the Daily Mail. She looks lovely. I think she's finally found the right balance with her diet or is healed. She no longer looks too skinny, thankfully. As for new music, no need to rush things. It's not so much about when she releases as it is the right music and the perfect strategy for publicity. No need to stress, too, about her label status. So much has changed in the music industry in the past ten years. There are all kinds of non-traditional deals in place now. I am happy to stay patient for when she's ready to release. It's been just two years since I AM.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Sep 10 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #210
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
QUOTE(Dmdr @ Sep 5 2017, 01:13 AM) *
She has loads of collabs lined up apparently. And Leona isn't really in a position to pick and choose the cream of the crop, this is about building her exposure again and he had a big hit last year and has now signed with Capitol Records and recorded an album, so will no doubt be getting a major push this year.

If he blows up then that's great for Leona, if not then no harm done.

I appreciate she isn't in a position to choose but his voice is so dreary. He's only had one major hit so unlikely to make much of an impact to help her. I'm excited about hearing her new material though and loved the last album.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Sep 29 2017, 12:34 AM
Post #211
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348
Leona and French Montana started following each other on twitter. Hope its a clue about a collab.

Also Nicki Minaj started following Leona on Instagram and Leona followed back, I ain't looking too much into that as Nicki follows loads and followed Emeli Sande at the same time.

+Quote this post
Post #212
Group icon
Fire
I'm here for both French Montana and Nicki Minaj collabs.
Anyone know if we'll hear new music this year or next?

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Oct 2 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #213
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Woops, I really think Leona needs to tone down her reaction to the Vegas shooting. It's very dangerous to wade into political territory when you are in her position, and even further, draw a controversial connection between hunters and mass killers. It's just unnecessary. Offer condolences and just move on. That gun control tweet and the hunter/mass murderer thing should be deleted before they get picked up...unless she doesn't mind a target on her back from wingnuts. They are unnecessary remarks from a PR standpoint, especially when you consider she's British.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Oct 2 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #214
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
QUOTE(Hagarthy @ Oct 2 2017, 06:39 PM) *
Woops, I really think Leona needs to tone down her reaction to the Vegas shooting. It's very dangerous to wade into political territory when you are in her position, and even further, draw a controversial connection between hunters and mass killers. It's just unnecessary. Offer condolences and just move on. That gun control tweet and the hunter/mass murderer thing should be deleted before they get picked up...unless she doesn't mind a target on her back from wingnuts. They are unnecessary remarks from a PR standpoint, especially when you consider she's British.

Her tweets seemed perfectly fine/sensible. Pretty similar to most of the tweets about it. She lives in the US 90% of the time and likely pays her taxes etc there. She has every right to say what she did.

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Oct 2 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #215
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
QUOTE(Envoirment @ Oct 2 2017, 06:22 PM) *
Her tweets seemed perfectly fine/sensible. Pretty similar to most of the tweets about it. She lives in the US 90% of the time and likely pays her taxes etc there. She has every right to say what she did.

Wow, really? Most celebrities are tying hunting animals/having hunting licenses to potentially being terrorists? Really? The whole thought is so juvenile and overzealous animal rights activism I just think it's wise if taken down. It's not even the time for that, at any rate. Just trying to tread on the side of caution anyway. You know how media works. I really hope no one picks it up.

+Quote this post
Post #216
Group icon
Fire
QUOTE(Hagarthy @ Oct 2 2017, 09:48 PM) *
Wow, really? Most celebrities are tying hunting animals/having hunting licenses to potentially being terrorists? Really? The whole thought is so juvenile and overzealous animal rights activism I just think it's wise if taken down. It's not even the time for that, at any rate. Just trying to tread on the side of caution anyway. You know how media works. I really hope no one picks it up.

Wow, really? I think her tweets were 100% fine and it is very fair to say sick scumbags who hunt animals are much more likely to kill human beings. That is how a lot of killers become killers, by harming animals first.

Her tweets were fine and should remain seen. It's her twitter, her platform, her voice.

+Quote this post
GTH
post Oct 5 2017, 01:27 PM
Post #217
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597
QUOTE(Karma @ Oct 4 2017, 10:47 PM) *
Wow, really? I think her tweets were 100% fine and it is very fair to say sick scumbags who hunt animals are much more likely to kill human beings. That is how a lot of killers become killers, by harming animals first.

Her tweets were fine and should remain seen. It's her twitter, her platform, her voice.

I agree here, would rather leona actually expressed herself on twitter rather than media screening everything she says.

Never seen her post anything actually offensive. She's not stupid.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Oct 7 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #218
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
QUOTE(Dmdr @ Sep 29 2017, 01:34 AM) *
Leona and French Montana started following each other on twitter. Hope its a clue about a collab.

Also Nicki Minaj started following Leona on Instagram and Leona followed back, I ain't looking too much into that as Nicki follows loads and followed Emeli Sande at the same time.

Interesting!!!! I'd be here for both of those collabs!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 25 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #219
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I hope this new album comes out around summer time next year.
Lead single early 2018
second single mid 2018 BGT promo.

I can dream cry.gif

Hopefully she promotes!!! Part of the reason her last two albums under-performed in particular I am as was that many people simply had no idea she had a new album out.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Jan 1 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #220
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
With One More Sleep resting for another year and Leona's recent televised performances, she needs to come back pronto with a hot vocal-centric banger to remind everyone why she owned 2008. kink.gif

+Quote this post

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:44 AM