BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

34 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Throwback! Anniversaries of Spice Girls moments, 20 years ago: Victoria Beckham This Groove/Let Your Head Go
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Jun 8 2019, 12:24 AM
Post #261
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Geri’s Schizophonic album was released 20 years ago! drama.gif!!! 7th June 1999!

As if the first solo album is 2 decades old. cry.gif

I think this is by far her strongest album, I wouldn’t consider it to have any duds. Her singles run of #2/#1/#1/#1 was incredibly impressive. What an era! wub.gif

A pity that the planned reissue a few years ago never came to fruition. Would be amazing if it was released on vinyl - could be released with both covers, one with a red vinyl and one with a white vinyl. *Dreams into existence*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jun 8 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #262
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
I have grown to like it over the past couple of years though it is not an album I regularly listen to. It's good and some excellent pop songs.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Jun 8 2019, 11:32 AM
Post #263
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jun 8 2019, 12:24 AM) *
A pity that the planned reissue a few years ago never came to fruition. Would be amazing if it was released on vinyl - could be released with both covers, one with a red vinyl and one with a white vinyl. *Dreams into existence*

Now now, she had a very good reason to put the kibosh on that. After all, the record buying public could've confused it with her fourth album that she released that very same year.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 28 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #264
Group icon
12 years ago on this date, 28th June 2007... the Spice Girls reunited! The first time they'd been seen together as a 5 piece for 9 years, and almost 7 years after the Forever album.

It weirdly feels like it was yesterday but also like it was a lifetime ago at the same time...

It was overwhelmingly exciting to see them together again. wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 28 2019, 10:25 PM
Post #265
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Jesus Christ why is Geri so obsessed with wearing household items? First of all a tea-towel sewn on her black dress at the Brits, then her Nan's Curtains when they reunited... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post Jun 28 2019, 11:26 PM
Post #266
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576
They looked way better on this year reunion

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post Jul 4 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #267
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815
20 years ago today two iconic moments happened

Posh and Becks married in Dublin and Geri performed at Party in the Park in front of 100,000 people in Hyde Park, London

This post has been edited by Spice Girls Net: Jul 4 2019, 02:18 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 4 2019, 05:56 PM
Post #268
Group icon
Happy Anniversary to both moments *.*

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 8 2019, 10:17 AM
Post #269
Group icon
23 years ago today: Wannabe released!

What is more shocking for me is the fact that it’s already been 3 years since the 20th anniversary. drama.gif The fans were strongly anticipating that milestone anniversary, hoping that it would be the perfect excuse for a reunion. As we know that ended up being a bit of a messy time in Spice history (GEM... eek). Even though it was very disappointing at the time, at least now we can say it was for the best in the long run!

The past 3 years feel like they’ve really flown by for me. It puts into perspective how everything they achieved in their heyday happened incredibly quickly. 3 years after Wannabe: Geri had already been out of the group for over a year & had released a solo single and album. Mel B & Victoria became mums & had married their partners. Melanie C and Mel B had also released solo singles.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jul 8 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
A total tune. I dont listen to it and not really my kind of track, but when listening to it with other people it is always a blast!

It deserves to be the iconic track that it is !

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 15 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #271
Group icon

12th August 2012... just over 7 years ago since this iconic performance wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Aug 15 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Aug 15 2019, 04:14 PM) *

12th August 2012... just over 7 years ago since this iconic performance wub.gif

This was EVERYTHING wub.gif Such an important part of Spice Girls history.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Aug 15 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #273
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jun 28 2019, 09:51 PM) *
12 years ago on this date, 28th June 2007... the Spice Girls reunited! The first time they'd been seen together as a 5 piece for 9 years, and almost 7 years after the Forever album.

It weirdly feels like it was yesterday but also like it was a lifetime ago at the same time...

It was overwhelmingly exciting to see them together again. wub.gif

Looking at this with fresh eyes I think Victoria looks ridiculous laugh.gif At the time I thought she looked good but seriously the footballs laugh.gif blink.gif

Mel B looks quite rough as well, she certainly got more polished, Geri looks totally utterly ridiculous. Emma looks good, so pregnant heart.gif wub.gif . Melanie C looks amazing though, she rarely looks the best as her costumes tend to less showy than the others but she looks damn sexy here wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 15 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #274
Group icon
Definitely agree that Melanie looked the best that day wub.gif Effortless!

I guess we'll never know what Geri was thinking when it came to that dress... kink.gif A choice :')

I don't think I was ever overly fond of Victoria's image back then, but as the years go by it looks more and more strange to me! Certainly unrecognisable from the Victoria of today. Would love to know what she thinks of her style from back then.

Agree that Mel B's look isn't the best, it doesn't seem very "her".

Emma looked lovely. wub.gif

Overall it's certainly not one of my favourite looks of the group, but with all the excitement on the day I didn't really focus too heavily on their style!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Aug 15 2019, 04:17 PM
Post #275
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Aug 15 2019, 05:12 PM) *
Definitely agree that Melanie looked the best that day wub.gif Effortless!

I guess we'll never know what Geri was thinking when it came to that dress... kink.gif A choice :')

I don't think I was ever overly fond of Victoria's image back then, but as the years go by it looks more and more strange to me! Certainly unrecognisable from the Victoria of today. Would love to know what she thinks of her style from back then.

Agree that Mel B's look isn't the best, it doesn't seem very "her".

Emma looked lovely. wub.gif
Overall it's certainly not one of my favourite looks of the group, but with all the excitement on the day I didn't really focus too heavily on their style!

I didn't really focus on the style either (apart from Geri which I'm sorry did she actually look in a flipping mirror before she left the house??) as I was like you too excited. Now though looking back it's interesting laugh.gif

With the Geri dress do you think they all agreed previously to wear black / red? I suppose Geri is wearing red... I always wondered with the reunion announcement this time when they all have a go at Geri for wearing the sparkly blue dress if that is a nod to her not following it the previous time...?

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 15 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #276
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I loved the first bit and the taxis, but the screeching of SPICE YP YA LIFE SPICE UP YA LIFE SPICE UP YA LIFE SPICE UP YA LIFE SPICE UP YA LIIIFE I didn't laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 15 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #277
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Aug 15 2019, 04:45 PM) *
Looking at this with fresh eyes I think Victoria looks ridiculous laugh.gif At the time I thought she looked good but seriously the footballs laugh.gif blink.gif

Mel B looks quite rough as well, she certainly got more polished, Geri looks totally utterly ridiculous. Emma looks good, so pregnant heart.gif wub.gif . Melanie C looks amazing though, she rarely looks the best as her costumes tend to less showy than the others but she looks damn sexy here wub.gif

Omfg I agree with ALL of this ;lol:

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Aug 16 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #278
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Geri released her second solo single 'Mi Chico Latino' on this day, 16th August 1999. A week later it entered the UK singles chart at number one, becoming her first of four solo singles to do so:

I did subscribe to the view that 'Look At Me' was her only decent solo single for a long time but with twenty years' distance I've got to give 'Chico' it's due, a great pop single with a Latin influence and she looked amazing in the video too.

+Quote this post
Piers
post Aug 17 2019, 04:17 AM
Post #279
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521
^ I kinda wonder if Geri should have launched her US solo career with Mi Chico Latino. Mind you, I personally really like Look at Me...but it was too unusual for US radio...and the general American audience was indifferent to the video's death of Ginger and rebirth. On that...I maintain my belief that Americans in the 90s were only invested in the group...and not the individual members. That only changed when Victoria and Mel B built their own brands in the US in the 2000s. Point being, I think Geri made a bold statement of "I'm back!" with Look at Me...and America flat-out didn't care.

Anyway. The single and album crashed and burned bad enough that no other attempt was made here.

But would she have had a better shot at the US market if she started with Mi Chico Latino? It was significantly more US radio-friendly. Sexy video. Great image during the promotional campaign. Also. Lift Me Up sounds like it'd fit squarely on Adult Contemporary radio of the time and may have worked as a decent follow. Would the two have set the charts on fire? Maybe not. But maybe her US prospects wouldn't have been over in a week either.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Aug 17 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #280
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I can't stand Mi Chico Latino. It's so cringe...

+Quote this post

34 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:54 AM