BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Would you be here for '911' being the third single?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Would you be here for it?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
Mixxer
post 2nd September 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #21
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178

How come nobody made a thread?

Ask Siri "What's the next Lady Gaga single" and she'll respond "911".

Also, Interscope created a streaming page (these pages are only made for singles) : Link
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 2nd September 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I really think this is a great single choice.

It’s a bit bonkers and out there but it does have appeal and has good streams anyways so a full push would be welcome. Plus the transition with Chromatica II has a potential viral impact too. And the song would make such a good music video too.

It’s different to anything else on the album and on radio atm too but it also has a good length for radio play too. Hopefully a deal will be made and it’ll be put on decent playlists etc. But I’m here for task being a single!

+Quote this post
kye
post 2nd September 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

my siri plays rain on me when i ask...

This post has been edited by kye: 2nd September 2020, 03:53 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd September 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Worst song on the album ffs

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd September 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm totally torn on this one.

It wouldn't be the worst choice, but there are better.

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 2nd September 2020, 09:38 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

I originally wanted Free Woman but heck why not, she's played it safe with SL and ROM. Why not go for something more classically bonkers Gaga?

Even if it flops, it'll generate interest and fans would EAT IT UP. I don't mind either way, I just hope 911 gets the attention it deserves at some point at least.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 2nd September 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

Not some of you thinking the transition has a chance to become a viral, no one will use it outside the fan base and '911' may become her worst performing single on the charts since G.U.Y.

This post has been edited by Adelita: 2nd September 2020, 10:32 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 2nd September 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Jord

911 stands out though because it’s different to anything she’s done before and one of the more quirky numbers on the album too.

Gaga always stood out with releasing songs that didn’t sound like what was on the radio at the time and 911 definitely fits that category.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 3rd September 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

I can't see this having too much impact. I think in order to get another hit, it's going to have to be 'Alice' or nothing.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 4th September 2020, 01:05 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(JulianNial @ Sep 3 2020, 01:16 PM) *
I can't see this having too much impact. I think in order to get another hit, it's going to have to be 'Alice' or nothing.

Finally someone other than myself was able to say the obvious. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post 4th September 2020, 12:29 PM
Post #31
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame

QUOTE(Adelita @ Sep 3 2020, 12:24 AM) *
Not some of you thinking the transition has a chance to become a viral, no one will use it outside the fan base and '911' may become her worst performing single on the charts since G.U.Y.

ROM was her most radio-friendly single in years that featured the most radio-played artist in the US at the moment and yet it only reached #10 on Pop radio.

911 is a fan favorite, so I'd rather have her release it than Free Woman - a more radio-friendly single that's gonna flop anyways.

All she needs is a good streaming playlisting, killer video and a few big performances. Getting another 100m streamed song and a Gold single in the US should be the goal.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 4th September 2020, 06:59 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Fan favourites should remain just that, deep cuts. Spending a lot of money on an expensive budget video just to please some fans will only result in damage and she is already aware that this hasn't worked in the past (I think we all remember how much G.U.Y. bombed everywhere when she tried to please fans who have no market vision for success). You can't make the same mistake twice because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, it's a choice.

Also, Alice, Free Woman and 911 all have sold over 200k units in the US so far and all will reach Gold (500k) by Q1 next year even without being singles, so if any of these songs become single, the goal isn't just gold but platinum or even more.

Her career should not be taken as an amusement park for her fans, the industry is cruel and unforgiving, if you have the opportunity to do it right, then do it right.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th September 2020, 08:08 AM
Post #33
Group icon
User: 13,007

Fans are freaking out and stressing that she will controversially release this on September 9th (9/11).

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th September 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Adelita @ Sep 4 2020, 07:59 PM) *
Fan favourites should remain just that, deep cuts. Spending a lot of money on an expensive budget video just to please some fans will only result in damage and she is already aware that this hasn't worked in the past (I think we all remember how much G.U.Y. bombed everywhere when she tried to please fans who have no market vision for success). You can't make the same mistake twice because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, it's a choice.

Also, Alice, Free Woman and 911 all have sold over 200k units in the US so far and all will reach Gold (500k) by Q1 next year even without being singles, so if any of these songs become single, the goal isn't just gold but platinum or even more.

Her career should not be taken as an amusement park for her fans, the industry is cruel and unforgiving, if you have the opportunity to do it right, then do it right.

Didn't the fans want 'Gypsy' and not 'G.U.Y.'? That's certainly what I remember the consensus being.

I think this is a whole different ball game though, by that point when it was released (6 months later) the ARTPOP campaign was well and truly dead in the water with no hope of a revival.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 5th September 2020, 10:37 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Yes but make sure Chromatica II is included in the single version intro

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post 5th September 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #36
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame

QUOTE(Adelita @ Sep 4 2020, 08:59 PM) *

that was different. ARTPOP had some potential hits left like Gypsy that would've definitely done better.

But now with Chromatica, seeing how radio treated ROM, I don't feel like there is ANY song that's gonna be a hit. So why don't just please the fans since she's gonna flop anyways?

Also, Alice, Free Woman and 911 all have sold over 200k units in the US so far and all will reach Gold (500k) by Q1 next year even without being singles, so if any of these songs become single, the goal isn't just gold but platinum or even more..

This is not true. Free Woman only recently passed the 100k mark. Sour Candy is the only song that will reach 500k by Q1, the rest will struggle to reach 200k. I mean, how do you expect each of those songs to add an extra 400k units in the US alone when they are barely pulling 100k daily on Spotify? Doesn't make much sense.

But where is the "opportunity"? What song could be a hit? Also, Gaga has nothing left to prove, especially after she had such a big hit with ROM this year, so I don't think anyone's gonna care if she flops with a 3rd post-album single.

Sour Candy is the only song that could reach Platinum in the US if they decide to push it, but I doubt it could be put on TTH again.

This post has been edited by Mixxer: 5th September 2020, 10:41 AM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 5th September 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Jord

I’m seeing so many people on Twitter freaking out that this is gonna get a single push on 9/11.

But the song is about something totally different to 9/11 and the fans for the last few months have been desperate for her to release a single and now they want the opposite. I mean it might raise some eyebrows if she does happen to release this on Friday but I don’t think it’ll cause that much damage if she does. It’s not as though the song makes any reference to that.

She released Rain on Me with Ariana on the same day as the Manchester arena attacks too and that become a #1 smash. I think the worry over releasing this on 9/11 itself is just fans worrying for the sake of not much.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th September 2020, 10:55 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

QUOTE(HausofGhibli @ Sep 5 2020, 09:08 AM) *
Fans are freaking out and stressing about everything.

Fixed tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th September 2020, 12:36 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Sep 5 2020, 07:32 AM) *
Didn't the fans want 'Gypsy' and not 'G.U.Y.'? That's certainly what I remember the consensus being.

I think this is a whole different ball game though, by that point when it was released (6 months later) the ARTPOP campaign was well and truly dead in the water with no hope of a revival.

Both Gypsy and G.U.Y. would flop if they were released as singles, and the situation isn't much different, because we are talking about 3rd singles in both situations. 911 works as an album track, but it doesn't work as a single, that's a fact.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 5th September 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(LJ JORD 7 @ Sep 5 2020, 11:50 AM) *
I think the worry over releasing this on 9/11 itself is just fans worrying for the sake of not much.

People are too much these days. I for one think it'd be clever to release it on 9/11.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:30 PM