BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Demi Lovato - Stone Cold, 3rd single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 6th February 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Seemingly confirmed on Twitter and Instagram, for example here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBdUNX_ljvh/

I posted this in the Confident thread and it sums up my thoughts:

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jan 6 2016, 02:02 AM) *

You see, this performance on a BRITs stage next month for example would see Demi flying into the UK top 10 in an instant. This performance is close (well it is actually better to me but I know the general public won't find it quite as touching as an Adele performance) to Adele's 'Someone Like You' performances. Demi keeps performing this everywhere so I'd like to think it will be the next single although I'm hearing rumours that 'For You' could be up next. That's great, but I think we need a massive Demi ballad with some good promo as we haven't had a Demi ballad single since Skyscraper? (Let It Go and Nightingale don't count)

Not sure it screams radio hit when radio already has Adele for their ballad fix, but a few high profile performances should see it do decently I should think.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 7th February 2016, 02:13 AM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Oh.

I think the best thing about this track is that it sounds AMAZING live.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 7th February 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I don't know if its vocally a bit underproduced to be a radio hit?!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 7th February 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Perfect choice imo. All she needs is a high profile performance of this for this to blow up.

I think this could be big anyway, it is full of emotion and everyone loves a good ballad lately.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th February 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I agree Ryan, a performance like the BRITs really kickstart this. I mean she can at least get BGT, that'll be enough I think for a top 20, this seems like the sort of the song that will really catch on with a performance though!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 8th February 2016, 01:17 AM
Post #6
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Could be worse, but could be better. Not exactly the best ballad on the album, but she sounds good and it is stunning live!

'Lionheart' really ought to be a single at some point though, but that probably won't ever happen now.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 10th February 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This aired earlier today, the vocals are just so insanely good - every single performance of this is just exceptional! Already about to break the US iTunes top 100!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th February 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

That Ellen performance.. NO f***ING WORDS wub.gif Cannot get over how effortlessly she completely slays this live, every single time <3

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 11th February 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

That performance is crazy. I always forget how good of a singer she actually is.

I think this might do well, it sounds like 'Hello' in places.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 12th February 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

Eh, it's all a matter of taste I guess but someone screaming down the mic and showing off increasingly elaborate vocal runs for a couple of minutes isn't something I particularly appreciate or rate. She's a technically stellar vocalist of course but for me she/her voice has never been very effective at conveying emotion, and this song (in both studio and live form) is a prime example of that. I think it's a combination of her tone lacking the soulfulness that typically appeals to me and her generally overthinking and overperforming ballads. Her delivery/interpretation of this song seems contrived and actually ends up leaving me (stone) cold when it really shouldn't! Kind of interested to see if it'll be a hit - I definitely have my doubts.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 19th February 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Music video is released on Tuesday, and I believe Demi's edition of the Ellen show gets aired on ITV2 on Tuesday as well!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th February 2016, 01:00 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Not the most exciting video ever, but it's beautifully simple <3 Suits the song very well too.

+Quote this post
run
post 24th February 2016, 03:57 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 22,441

Capo 1 Chords Lyrics

Most of the chords are like http://chords.tv/charlie-puth-we-dont-talk-anymore-chords/
http://chords.tv/

This post has been edited by run: 19th September 2016, 09:26 AM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 24th February 2016, 11:11 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think she should have just recorded an acapella music video TBH

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 24th February 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Don't really like this. A better ballad for me would be Nightingale.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 24th February 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

What are those horrid noises coming from her mouth?

+Quote this post
dijeizasin
post 8th April 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #17
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,035

Demi needs to take up yoga or something. I've met Stalker Sarah and she's actually lovely. What a bizarre fight.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 14th April 2016, 01:33 AM
Post #18
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

I'm guessing this campaign is over already?

'Confident' both single and album never really done well worldwide when it came to chart run and 'Stone Cold' has bombed incredibly hard despite the discount and the promotion on almost every show possible in America. She really should have released 'Kingdom Come', 'For You' or 'Lionheart' following 'Confident' because i'm not sure if US radio (Demi's radio callouts have never been that impressive) will bother to support an album and singles that have not performed as well as they should have.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 14th April 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

They kept pushing back it's radio date hoping it would do a 'Piece By Piece' with it's live performances but sadly not... radio won't pick up a ballad in April... their wanting summer songs now.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 15th April 2016, 01:48 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Apr 14 2016, 02:33 AM) *
I'm guessing this campaign is over already?

'Confident' both single and album never really done well worldwide when it came to chart run and 'Stone Cold' has bombed incredibly hard despite the discount and the promotion on almost every show possible in America. She really should have released 'Kingdom Come', 'For You' or 'Lionheart' following 'Confident' because i'm not sure if US radio (Demi's radio callouts have never been that impressive) will bother to support an album and singles that have not performed as well as they should have.

'Confident' (the single) actually recently surpassed CFTS in terms of sales in America despite its #21 peak, which really shocked me. The latter screamed 'massive hit', but I suppose it sort of underperformed in the UK too. The rest of your post it on point though; I'm surprised 'Stone Cold' never even slightly caught on. It's actually a decent song when you overlook her screeching.

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Apr 14 2016, 09:46 AM) *
They kept pushing back it's radio date hoping it would do a 'Piece By Piece' with it's live performances but sadly not... radio won't pick up a ballad in April... their wanting summer songs now.

The fact that Demi doesn't even have a morsel of Kelly's likability probably contributed. I get the sense that people were actually rooting for Kelly, hence such a drastic response to her AI performance. I can't say the same for Demi - didn't she perform only a week or so later?

This post has been edited by Defaze: 15th April 2016, 01:51 AM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:02 AM