BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Demi Lovato - Stone Cold, 3rd single
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Feb 6 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Seemingly confirmed on Twitter and Instagram, for example here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBdUNX_ljvh/

I posted this in the Confident thread and it sums up my thoughts:

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jan 6 2016, 02:02 AM) *

You see, this performance on a BRITs stage next month for example would see Demi flying into the UK top 10 in an instant. This performance is close (well it is actually better to me but I know the general public won't find it quite as touching as an Adele performance) to Adele's 'Someone Like You' performances. Demi keeps performing this everywhere so I'd like to think it will be the next single although I'm hearing rumours that 'For You' could be up next. That's great, but I think we need a massive Demi ballad with some good promo as we haven't had a Demi ballad single since Skyscraper? (Let It Go and Nightingale don't count)

Not sure it screams radio hit when radio already has Adele for their ballad fix, but a few high profile performances should see it do decently I should think.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 7 2016, 02:13 AM
Post #2
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Oh.

I think the best thing about this track is that it sounds AMAZING live.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Feb 7 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know if its vocally a bit underproduced to be a radio hit?!

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Feb 7 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Perfect choice imo. All she needs is a high profile performance of this for this to blow up.

I think this could be big anyway, it is full of emotion and everyone loves a good ballad lately.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 8 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I agree Ryan, a performance like the BRITs really kickstart this. I mean she can at least get BGT, that'll be enough I think for a top 20, this seems like the sort of the song that will really catch on with a performance though!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 8 2016, 01:17 AM
Post #6
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Could be worse, but could be better. Not exactly the best ballad on the album, but she sounds good and it is stunning live!

'Lionheart' really ought to be a single at some point though, but that probably won't ever happen now.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 10 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

This aired earlier today, the vocals are just so insanely good - every single performance of this is just exceptional! Already about to break the US iTunes top 100!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 11 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

That Ellen performance.. NO f***ING WORDS wub.gif Cannot get over how effortlessly she completely slays this live, every single time <3

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Feb 11 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

That performance is crazy. I always forget how good of a singer she actually is.

I think this might do well, it sounds like 'Hello' in places.

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Feb 12 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #10
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

Eh, it's all a matter of taste I guess but someone screaming down the mic and showing off increasingly elaborate vocal runs for a couple of minutes isn't something I particularly appreciate or rate. She's a technically stellar vocalist of course but for me she/her voice has never been very effective at conveying emotion, and this song (in both studio and live form) is a prime example of that. I think it's a combination of her tone lacking the soulfulness that typically appeals to me and her generally overthinking and overperforming ballads. Her delivery/interpretation of this song seems contrived and actually ends up leaving me (stone) cold when it really shouldn't! Kind of interested to see if it'll be a hit - I definitely have my doubts.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 19 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Music video is released on Tuesday, and I believe Demi's edition of the Ellen show gets aired on ITV2 on Tuesday as well!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 24 2016, 01:00 AM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

Not the most exciting video ever, but it's beautifully simple <3 Suits the song very well too.

+Quote Post
run
post Feb 24 2016, 03:57 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 22,441
   No Gallery Pics

Capo 1 Chords Lyrics

Most of the chords are like http://chords.tv/charlie-puth-we-dont-talk-anymore-chords/
http://chords.tv/

This post has been edited by run: Sep 19 2016, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Feb 24 2016, 11:11 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I think she should have just recorded an acapella music video TBH

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Feb 24 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #15
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Don't really like this. A better ballad for me would be Nightingale.

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Feb 24 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #16
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

What are those horrid noises coming from her mouth?

+Quote Post
dijeizasin
post Apr 8 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #17
New Entry
Member No.: 23,035
   No Gallery Pics

Demi needs to take up yoga or something. I've met Stalker Sarah and she's actually lovely. What a bizarre fight.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 14 2016, 01:33 AM
Post #18
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

I'm guessing this campaign is over already?

'Confident' both single and album never really done well worldwide when it came to chart run and 'Stone Cold' has bombed incredibly hard despite the discount and the promotion on almost every show possible in America. She really should have released 'Kingdom Come', 'For You' or 'Lionheart' following 'Confident' because i'm not sure if US radio (Demi's radio callouts have never been that impressive) will bother to support an album and singles that have not performed as well as they should have.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Apr 14 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

They kept pushing back it's radio date hoping it would do a 'Piece By Piece' with it's live performances but sadly not... radio won't pick up a ballad in April... their wanting summer songs now.

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Apr 15 2016, 01:48 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Apr 14 2016, 02:33 AM) *
I'm guessing this campaign is over already?

'Confident' both single and album never really done well worldwide when it came to chart run and 'Stone Cold' has bombed incredibly hard despite the discount and the promotion on almost every show possible in America. She really should have released 'Kingdom Come', 'For You' or 'Lionheart' following 'Confident' because i'm not sure if US radio (Demi's radio callouts have never been that impressive) will bother to support an album and singles that have not performed as well as they should have.

'Confident' (the single) actually recently surpassed CFTS in terms of sales in America despite its #21 peak, which really shocked me. The latter screamed 'massive hit', but I suppose it sort of underperformed in the UK too. The rest of your post it on point though; I'm surprised 'Stone Cold' never even slightly caught on. It's actually a decent song when you overlook her screeching.

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Apr 14 2016, 09:46 AM) *
They kept pushing back it's radio date hoping it would do a 'Piece By Piece' with it's live performances but sadly not... radio won't pick up a ballad in April... their wanting summer songs now.

The fact that Demi doesn't even have a morsel of Kelly's likability probably contributed. I get the sense that people were actually rooting for Kelly, hence such a drastic response to her AI performance. I can't say the same for Demi - didn't she perform only a week or so later?

This post has been edited by Defaze: Apr 15 2016, 01:51 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:17 AM