BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Sarah Jane Adventures, CBBC classic uploaded to iPlayer
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 17th March 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

The Sarah Jane Adventures was a Doctor Who spin-off that ran from 2007 to 2011, starring former companion Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, reprising her role 30 years after her original stint. The show sees Sarah Jane, alongside with her son Luke and his friends Maria, Rani and Clyde, fighting aliens that arrive on Earth. The show was a huge success for CBBC, having the top four highest ratings that the CBBC Channel has seen. Unfortunately, the show came to an abrupt end with only half of the fifth season filmed, when Elisabeth Sladen died after a short battle with cancer.

Now, the BBC have uploaded all episodes to the iPlayer and I've been using this chance to rewatch them all, and boy, what a great show! For a show aimed at kids, it was very mature in places, not shying away from showing the ups and downs of broken homes, with stellar performances from all of the main cast on a regular basis. It's such a shame that it had to end when it did, in such tragic circumstances but I'm loving revisiting all the memories wub.gif Hard to pick a favourite episode but some episodes are ageing better than others - The Mark of the Berserker being an example of one that's aged very well, thanks to Daniel Anthony being one of the best aspects of the show.

Is anyone else planning to make use of the episodes being uploaded to iPlayer? What are your favourite episodes/memories of the show?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 17th March 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

omg I was absolutely obsessed with this when I was younger and I remember being devastated when it finished, I neeed to rewatch some of these wub.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 17th March 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

The LAdy Jane Grey one is SO cheesy

The best one is where they say the doctor's dead and try to steal the Tardis key, besides form the low production values

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th April 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

This has allowed me to rewatch the series for the first time since it all aired! Just finished The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith (aka the one with the 10th Doctor) and it made me realise that the Trickster trilogy is really brutal on Sarah Jane, she has to relive her best friend dying, her parents dying and then have her potential husband die!!

It has made me realise more than ever what a brilliant actress Elisabeth Sladen was, truly missed <3

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 19th April 2018, 05:43 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

It's 7 years ago today since she passed away sad.gif

I only ever watched the Doctor crossovers so I shall try to watch all of this from the start

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th April 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Still absolutely gutting. Can't believe it's been 7 years. A wonderful woman who will forever remain in my heart. She was in the first Doctor Who episode I ever saw (School Reunion) - I had no idea about any of her back story but I loved her from the start. Little was I to know just how much she'd impact the following years for me!

This photo popped up on my Timehop, courtesy of electrastarr on DeviantArt, and it makes me so sad every time I see it.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 19th April 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #7
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I fell in love with her in School Reunion and I was so glad she got her own show. She was such a lovable person. I remember watching tribute videos where they used her line 'Don't forget me', I cried like a baby that day.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 19th April 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Elisabeth Sladen is one of those people where I kinda forget she's no longer with us and I find myself get really sad when I remind myself of the fact. She brought a real warmth to the character of Sarah Jane Smith and worked well with all the young actors in her own series. School Reunion was one of the first episodes of Doctor Who I saw too and I loved the character back then too.

I've started re-watching the episodes on iPlayer and it's still a genuinely great show, even through the eyes of a 20 year old. Similar to Doctor Who (Series 1-4 at least), even though its target audience was children, there's still a strong story, interesting relationships and complex portrayals of emotion in the show, which makes it still enjoyable to watch as you grow up.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:29 AM