BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Little Drummer Girl, BBC One | based on John le Carré's book
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 28th October 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(Radio Times)
John le Carré published The Little Drummer Girl in 1983, a decade before his Cold War spy novel The Night Manager, which was adapted by production company The Ink Factory for BBC1 in 2016 in a miniseries starring Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie and Olivia Colman.

The Little Drummer Girl is a classic le Carré tale of an everyday person being sucked into the shadowy world of espionage, as an actress (Pugh) discovers her holiday romance (Skarsgård) is actually an Israeli intelligence officer and his “intentions are far from romantic”.

While The Night Manager was brought into the 21st century for its TV adaptation, the team behind The Little Drummer Girl has opted to keep this story in its original period: the late 70s.

Nevertheless described by the BBC as “sharply contemporary”, the six-part series will “weave a dynamic and exciting story of espionage and international intrigue”.

Starring Florence Pugh, Alexander Skarsgård, Michael Shannon, Charles Dance, Michael Moshonov, Charif Ghattas, Amir Khoury, Katharina Schüttler, Simona Brown and Max Irons. It is directed by Park Chan-wook. It has been produced by the same team behind The Night Manager!

Starts tonight (Sunday 28th October) at 9pm aka it's taking over the premier BBC One Sunday night spot!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 28th October 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Sounds like another big hit for the BBC - they're back on another roll!

Although I think for me I'll wait for the reception to see whether I want to check it out, there's too many shows that have recently come out on Netflix I need to get onto!!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 28th October 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I have high hopes for this! The BBC are on a roll with Sunday night drama atm, so hopefully it should be decent!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 28th October 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

This looks pretty decent, and I have read the book, looking forward to the adaptation of this. I've read loads of John Le Carre's work, and I also remember an old television series on Saturday nights that was adapted for TV from him.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:49 AM