BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

185 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spice Girls • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
sammy01
post Mar 30 2018, 08:35 AM
Post #301
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

We will get 'early stages' till the 12th hour. They obviously want to keep the announcement a surprise in terms of when it will come.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Mar 30 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #302
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

The animated thing is rather bizarre as it feels like it should've happened 20 years ago not now.

Then again nostalgia is a massive business.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Mar 30 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #303
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

It depends on how the annimated film is done and by who. I mean if the other parts in it are voiced by big names and the girls record a new song for it or a soundtrack it could be huge.

+Quote Post
Piers
post Mar 31 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #304
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

One of the most concerning parts of this idea to me is...while Simon is a genius at certain aspects of handling artists...that really...really...doesn't apply to his handling of films. From Justin to Kelly and S Club Seeing Double happened on his watch. Spice World gets points from me for being just so unapologetically weird and campy despite belonging to the biggest group of that era. 90s nostalgia can somewhat save it now...but we have to be honest. Whatever they do now has to be better. A lot better. Why do we believe that during the group's heyday we'd just get a product like Spice World...but think 20 years later that Disney and Marvel will create something truly great with them? I don't think Simon has the best sense of quality control in this arena.

A demand for the Spice Girls definitely exists. Every time another reunion rumor surfaces (which is...a lot) all my social sites explode with excited reposts/retweets. That's coming from middle America. But I truly do believe the fandom exists only over seeing the actual girls. A reunion tour would be a towering success...and I really do think anything else is doomed. There's a reason why I see hundreds of reposts/retweets from friends over a reunion tour rumor...but I see none when word of an animated movie breaks....

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Apr 2 2018, 03:58 AM
Post #305
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Melanie C:

“I know there are a lot of people that want to see the Spice Girls back on stage together, and it would be a wonderful thing. But it’s not something that is planned to happen in the near future.

We have come together, and we’re back with our previous manager Simon Fuller, and we are looking at opportunities. Animation is something we’ve talked about, an animated movie, a TV show potentially – nothing reality – this isn’t something that’s been discussed. And then, of course, the potential of performing together at some point. All of this is super early days, it’s still very much at the discussion stage. But it’s just really nice for us all to be back together, to kind of be under one roof. The Spice Girls legacy is so important to us. We just want to be positive and continue to inspire, not only young women, but people in general.“

http://www.ahlanlive.com/world-exclusive-m...ion-631876.html

~

Christian Horner:

“I think there will be a Spice Girls world tour. Geri is very committed to it and I would happily go to see it.

A lot of people, fans, want a world tour so despite what has been said, it wouldn’t surprise me if it went ahead.”

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/01/geri-horners...a-tour-7431823/

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Apr 2 2018, 05:56 AM
Post #306
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

The first paragraph about being on stage is in direct reaction to the BSBs wanting to do a joint tour with them. I think she is referring to that rumour with 'but it is not something that is planned to happen in the near future'. As she goes on tl say there is the potential to perform together further down the interview.

+Quote Post
Eduardo
post Apr 4 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #307
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 5,804
   No Gallery Pics

So confused after so many rumors... has there been any official news/confirmation since that Instagram picture with all of them?

+Quote Post
Sparrow
post Apr 4 2018, 12:26 PM
Post #308
New Entry
Member No.: 39,555
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Eduardo @ Apr 4 2018, 09:06 AM) *
So confused after so many rumors... has there been any official news/confirmation since that Instagram picture with all of them?

Melanie C confirmed that there were talks about an animated movie. Since the idea is being shopped around, it is not certain that it will happen, but at least we know that it's not a rumor.

Simon Fuller and Christian Horner confirmed that there are talks of a tour, but it still is an idea. Victoria said again that she won't do it, so they're probably trying to convince Melanie C to do it without her.

I'm ignoring everything that Mel B says.

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Apr 4 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #309
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

I really don't mind the idea of animated movie or even a tv series

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Apr 4 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #310
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

They really should have done a couple moe BIg albums all together, or at least just ONE more.

Geri's impatience really ruined them.

Then again, Mel C's album personified the turn of the millennium music/ style, and Spice Girls' cheesy 90s music did not, sooo

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 5 2018, 01:38 AM
Post #311
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

It’s all swings and roundabouts really. I would have loved a 3rd 5piece (or even 4piece) Spice Pop album in 1998, there was still such a demand and it was bound to sell well and be another big era...

However I’d only want that if we still got Northern Star in 1999 as I adore that album, it’s my favourite (sometimes Spiceworld) Spice Girls related release and we probably would never have got it had the girls kept going. They ruined it for themselves at the time and will never be legends in the same league as ABBA, Cher, Madonna... because they just didn’t release enough. However they are iconic and definitely sit well in that remembered as a huge band bracket of Wham who imploded for a short while too.

+Quote Post
d22ghj
post Apr 13 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #312
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 5,168
   No Gallery Pics

Well Victoria did say she will do carpool karaoke with the spice girls when asked by James Corden yesterday on his show. Better than nothing

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Apr 14 2018, 03:19 PM
Post #313
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,829
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Apr 14 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #314
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

That would be fun I hope they do it .

+Quote Post
d22ghj
post Apr 15 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #315
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 5,168
   No Gallery Pics

I would expect 50 million YouTube views if it happened

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Apr 15 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #316
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Xtina is the next star on Carpool I hope they do it after her and don't wait so freakin long

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Apr 17 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #317
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

In an interview with Grazia magazine, Victoria addressed the state of the reunion: "There is no tour, no more music from the Spice Girls, but it was great getting together with them. We were just saying Girl Power is such an important message and how do we communicate that?

"How do we pass the baton on, how does that look to future generations? And that's what it's about with us. It's not all about the rumours about going on tour and recording new material."

Victoria added: "I think girl power has always been important. And now, for me, it's about empowering women through fashion."

zzz.gif drama.gif

+Quote Post
vibe
post Apr 18 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #318
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Pass the baton on ? what a load of tosh , in other words how can we make money without touring and releasing new music?

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Apr 18 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #319
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

She's either utterly clueless as to what the Spice fanbase want from them or else she's being coy and not wanting to give anything away yet.

If it's the former she/they are alienating whatever fans they have left as I don't think many of the Spice fans are that fascinated by her fashion career.

It's sad to think that a tour would probably be announced by now if not for Victoria's reluctance.

This post has been edited by schizo_spice: Apr 18 2018, 01:00 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 5 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #320
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Mel B has posted a throwback photo of the Spice Girls' Rolling Stones cover on instagram, with the caption: "Can’t wait to see my girls next week yipppeeee #girlpower #friendshipneverends #90s" ;o

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaG4zZFqzq/?ta...by=officialmelb

+Quote Post

185 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
2 Members: schizo_spice, Lukuzz

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:56 AM