BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Record Of The Decade 2016 - Voting, breaking: ariana is new governor of the chart forum(results)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 27th July 2019, 01:54 AM
Post #41
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

The xx!!! *.* I think I remember that being around low top 10 in a previous year but not quite top 5 and obviously it was lower last year so yesss what a rebound. Nothing else of interest here really. Why is Jacob's opinion on Dua Lipa literally the worst possible?

edit: Jade stole all my thoughts. I didn't notice just how monstrous the gap from #1 to #2 was though, dear god xx 'Into You' isn't THAT good.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th July 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #42
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Lmao laugh.gif Brade well and truly the same person with those unknowingly almost identical posts *_*

The question is, will 'no tears left to cry' also steamroll the competition? It got a crazily high 10.56 average in a rate with 30+ participants in the Ariana AF recently, but it remains to be seen how well it will fare outside of that little corner of the site.

+Quote this post
Rush
post 27th July 2019, 07:22 AM
Post #43
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564

Wow ouch at 'Sunset', I really liked it. And preferred it to 'Jason' actually so I'm surprised to see the latter end up 55 points above. Poor my #1 'Say You Do' directly behind one of the worst songs in the list. Impressive to see 'Sing Me To Sleep' so high - I like and voted it but 'Alone' was definitely my choice pick of his post-'Faded' 2016 singles, and a bigger hit, so I wonder if it would do better? Good to see 'Somebody Else' improving so much too! Poor 'Stressed Out'.

I... have nothing worth commenting on in the top 35. Yay for 'Faded' if the difference between #9 and #5 means much, which I'd guess not because I'd expect it to get through the semi-finals anyway.

+Quote this post
coi
post 27th July 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Surprised to see Sing Me To Sleep so high, great stuff. But most importantly, WOW at that top five!! Delighted to see Faded and On Hold make it straight to the final, also very impressed with Starboy coming second - I never knew it was so popular on here and really expected it to fall after seeing I Feel It Coming drop to an AQ. And also that score for Into You!

+Quote this post
danG
post 27th July 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #45
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

QUOTE(Rush @ Jul 27 2019, 07:22 AM) *
Wow ouch at 'Sunset', I really liked it. And preferred it to 'Jason' actually so I'm surprised to see the latter end up 55 points above. Poor my #1 'Say You Do' directly behind one of the worst songs in the list. Impressive to see 'Sing Me To Sleep' so high - I like and voted it but 'Alone' was definitely my choice pick of his post-'Faded' 2016 singles, and a bigger hit, so I wonder if it would do better? Good to see 'Somebody Else' improving so much too! Poor 'Stressed Out'.

I... have nothing worth commenting on in the top 35. Yay for 'Faded' if the difference between #9 and #5 means much, which I'd guess not because I'd expect it to get through the semi-finals anyway.

Jason does have the slight advantage of having appeared in a BJSC spin off (you’d really fit in with the current taste of BJSC by the way) so isn’t completely unknown.
sing me to sleep was definitely bigger on Buzzjack anyhow for being the follow up to faded and having the same vocalist. And it’s better than alone by some distance.

brilliant to see don’t be so shy make the top 20 despite it having not been a UK hit! shame that rockabye and this girl lost their direct to final positions but at least faded is a great replacement for rockabye. on hold is decent but third best song of the year really? not to mention into you being vastly overrated again.

+Quote this post
Rush
post 27th July 2019, 09:41 AM
Post #46
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564

QUOTE(danG @ Jul 27 2019, 07:04 PM) *
Jason does have the slight advantage of having appeared in a BJSC spin off (you’d really fit in with the current taste of BJSC by the way) so isn’t completely unknown.
sing me to sleep was definitely bigger on Buzzjack anyhow for being the follow up to faded and having the same vocalist. And it’s better than alone by some distance.
Ah that makes sense, both were equally unknown to me.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 27th July 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #47
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Into You to win the whole thing *.*

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 27th July 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

QUOTE(Brade @ Jul 27 2019, 02:54 AM) *
Why is Jacob's opinion on Dua Lipa literally the worst possible?
Ummm EXCUSE me, I never said this publically.

But it really is, all her other songs are so standard pop, at least that one stands out with it's attitude. ohmy.gif
QUOTE(Rush @ Jul 27 2019, 08:22 AM) *
Yeah if I'd remembered I'd nominated it I'd probably have given it 30, it's one of my songs of the year (and last year tbh), I think I just scanned over them because of the formatting change (Midnight instead of The Midnight)- I understand why it's formatted that way but yeah- OOPS. As it turns out (as I sort of expected) it didn't matter anyway so at least I didn't waste my vote? Anyway, everyone listen to Sunset, absolute banger and a travesty how it didn't score. x

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:19 PM