BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Giro d'Italia 2021, 8th - 30th May
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 13th May 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 14th May 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

A slightly more interesting sprint today! Ewan still took the win but he had to sprint up a hill himself to close the gap and take it. Valter stays in pink.

The run-in to the sprint looked incredibly nervy though with all the pushing and shoving, I'm amazed no-one crashed.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 15th May 2021, 08:02 PM
Post #23
Group icon

A fantastic day today for Victor Lafaye! I'm always a fan of Cofidis as they're ever the underdog so good to see one of their riders take the stage (the first time in the Giro in 11 years!) and a fist professional win for Lafaye.

Valter stays in pink, the only other thing of note is sprinter Caleb Ewan abandoning - fair enough if he already has two wins and wants to perform at the Tour.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 17th May 2021, 07:42 PM
Post #24
Group icon

As expected, yesterday completely reshuffled the GC - Bernal attacked fantastically to take the pink, with Evenepoel in second place. Valter was dropped and fell to fifth.

As for today, for a sprint stage it was actually quite exciting! Bora put men on the front all day and dropped a load of the sprinters before Sagan came out and took the win. Very well deserved given how much effort they put in today.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 18th May 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #25
Group icon

So - rest day number 1! What are people's predictions now we've seen how everyone is actually racing?

I'm going to take a punt at:

1. Ciccone
2. Evenepoel
3. Yates

I can't say I know too much about Ciccone but he's definitely one to watch out for having been in the front group at all times so far. I think Evenepoel will lose some time but then will pull chunks back in the time trials, and I'm still not convinced Bernal can hold on for three weeks with his back problems.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 19th May 2021, 07:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon

Well shows how much I know about predictions laugh.gif Bernal blew the race apart today, finishing first alongside Buchmann who had already lost some time earlier. Both Evenepoel and Ciccone lose around 2 minutes but still in the Top 10 thanks to how difficult today's stage was! Vlasov up into 2nd place, Formolo into 3rd.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 20th May 2021, 07:32 PM
Post #27
Group icon

Another big stage today - not so much for the GC but fantastic action in the breakaway leading to some bickering between the riders before Andrea Vendrame took his debut Giro win. Adam Blythe seemed really annoyed at everyone in the post-race commentary on Quest for some reason laugh.gif

Soler, Dowsett and Di Marchi all abandon, the latter in a crash I'm thankfully yet to see but sounded very bad. Bernal still in pink.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 21st May 2021, 06:52 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Nizzolo takes the sprint win today - have to say I'm delighted for him after so many second places (11!) in the GIro before and having to come back from abad injury a few years back. Affini tried to spice it up at the end which was good to watch as well but in the end Nizzolo managed to get there.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 22nd May 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #29
Group icon

Bernal blowing the group away again! Increasing his lead in pink, Yates up to 2nd whilst Caruso stays in third. Vlasov loses quite a bit of time, Evenepoel loses even more.

The stage itself was won by Lorenzo Fortunato, a rider from a second division team who had never won a bike race before ohmy.gif Absolutely fantastic for him to win one of the most prestigious stages of the race!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 24th May 2021, 06:44 PM
Post #30
Group icon

Aaand Bernal drops everyone definitively once again on the biggest stage of the race laugh.gif Yates loses over 2 minutes, Caruso up to third and Carthy to fifth.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 26th May 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #31
Group icon

Bernal loses time! ohmy.gif One minute to Yates and a bit more to Almeida (although he was 10 minutes behind in the first place). Yates is up to third whilst Carthy loses 3 minutes and falls to 6th.

The stage was won (just about!) by Dan Martin from the breakaway - delighted for him given how his GC ambitiuons have fared!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 27th May 2021, 07:25 PM
Post #32
Group icon

A relaxed Sunday ride for the peloton today, finishing 23 minutes behind the breakaway laugh.gif Decent race at thr front though and a well-deserved with for Bettiol!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th May 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #33
Group icon

Yates and Almeida take time off Bernal again today but nowhere near as much as two days ago, plus Bernal clawed back time against Formolo. Tomorrow really will be the test to see how everyone is faring!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 31st May 2021, 03:28 PM
Post #34
Group icon

So Bernal takes it comfortably in the end, so much for everyone saying he wouldn't make three weeks laugh.gif Happy for him though as a win in the country where he first became a pro must be a pretty proud moment for him. Caruso takes second which is also incredible as he wasn't even the team's leader at the start of the race, Yates takes third. Vlasov, Martinez and Almeida nesxt in line.

A great tour to watch! Now onto the Dauphiné magic.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 09:33 AM