BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> St. Vincent
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 8th December 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Funny and very sweet. Melissa McCarthy takes more of a backseat role rather than being the star/highlight as Bill Murray and the kid are able to shine. It's also a different direction for Melissa, not much of a comedic part for her character.

I really liked how the friendship developed between the kid and his schoolmate and how the wife helped to give Vincent a bit more depth. Very solid movie and it exceeded my expectations, the trailer doesn't quite do it justice.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 8th December 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Absolutely amazing. One of the films of the year. I agree that the trailer did not do it justice.

Not much happens in it but it is such a funny and emotive film. The kid and Bill Murray are amazing in it.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 13th December 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Actually pretty underwhelming and conversely, the trailer gave me high hopes which weren't fully met.

There were some good scenes & the overall storyline was quite endearing but it really lost its way about half way through bringing about all kinds of random, unrelated events. Plus there weren't enough laugh out loud moments (other than the ones in the trailer).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:47 AM