BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
53 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Daily Will Rant Thread 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140
QUOTE(munchkin @ Jun 6 2008, 12:01 AM) *
T there are two types DVD-R and DVD+R and also a DVD-RW which you can wipe and use again. You will have to check that your recorder records both and can also play them back. My son says there isn't a lot of difference between the two and if you record OK then it will play OK. He doesn't know why you are having trouble initialising.

You haven't got CDs by mistake have you?

Some recorders will only play back a certain type.

Thanks for trying to help munchkin.

They are definitely the right blank dvds for the recorder (DVD - RW) & they are brand new just out of the celophane. I'm baffled as to why the recorder won't accept them. wacko.gif unsure.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #62
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
User: 209
I'm not very technically minded, and you've probably already looked, but in the instruction book does it have a troubleshooting bit at the end that might help.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 09:19 AM) *
I'm not very technically minded, and you've probably already looked, but in the instruction book does it have a troubleshooting bit at the end that might help.

Never thought of that. Will have a look.

Thanks chrysalis. thumbup.gif

Anyone heard anything from suggy?

This post has been edited by truly talented: Jun 6 2008, 09:13 AM

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
pirate.gif Just read this in the instructions.

Not all brands of discs will be compatible with ths DVD Recorder.

How am I supposed to know which ones to buy without forking out another £7.99!!!!!! wacko.gif sad.gif

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #65
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
Anyone heard anything from suggy?

I haven't and just assumed she was still living it up. It's a fortnight now - perhaps she's gone away for a few days.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #66
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
QUOTE(truly talented @ Jun 6 2008, 10:25 AM) *
pirate.gif Just read this in the instructions.

Not all brands of discs will be compatible with ths DVD Recorder.

How am I supposed to know which ones to buy without forking out another £7.99!!!!!! wacko.gif sad.gif

That's crazy. wacko.gif Are the ones you've just bought the same as the ones you've bought in the past? It could be that the new ones are faulty. I had a pack like that and took them back to the store.

This post has been edited by chrysalis: Jun 6 2008, 09:27 AM

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 10:27 AM) *
That's crazy. wacko.gif Are the ones you've just bought the same as the ones you've bought in the past? It could be that the new ones are faulty. I had a pack like that and took them back to the store.

It's a bit of a long confusing story. I had some Philip's DVD's which I tried & wouldn't work but I can't be too sure I haven't already used them in my pc trying to copy video clips as my copying programme for some reason seems to spit out the dvds before the end & could have corrupted the discs. I borrowed an unused Imation disc from my brother & that initialised fine. Decided to buy some of these but couldn't find them in any shops so ordered a pack from Amazon. When they came the style of the box was different but I assumed the discs were the same. Seems they aren't. sad.gif

Hope I haven't lost you with my explanation. unsure.gif

You could be right about suggy. Just hope she's well. Maybe sunday will know when she pops in.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #68
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
No you didn't lose me - not quite. laugh.gif

Oh dear. sad.gif Don't know what to suggest about the ones from Amazon - they're obviously the wrong ones. Can you return them?

I bought my imation discs from PC World, but I'm sure you can get them in Comet/Currys etc. As I said earlier one pack was faulty - the DVD-RW ones - and I had to return them, but other than that they've been fine.

+Quote this post
munchkin
post Jun 6 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 127
Pleased you've at least sussed out the problem T. Is Suggy house-sitting again ?

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(munchkin @ Jun 6 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Pleased you've at least sussed out the problem T. Is Suggy house-sitting again ?

Don't think so munchkin. unsure.gif Her son's home from OZ. Maybe they've gone a way for a few days.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 11:04 AM) *
No you didn't lose me - not quite. laugh.gif

Oh dear. sad.gif Don't know what to suggest about the ones from Amazon - they're obviously the wrong ones. Can you return them?

I bought my imation discs from PC World, but I'm sure you can get them in Comet/Currys etc. As I said earlier one pack was faulty - the DVD-RW ones - and I had to return them, but other than that they've been fine.

I tried both those & my local Asda but they don't seem to be stocking them any more. sad.gif Will probably cost me more to send them back to Amazon so I'll just have to buy some more & keep my fingers crossed. smile.gif

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #72
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
What about Smiths? Have you tried them? I remember there was one next the rail station, (probably another one since I've been there) but I don't know how far out you live. Means a journey each time, unless you're within walking distance.

This post has been edited by chrysalis: Jun 6 2008, 11:29 AM

+Quote this post
Marguerite
post Jun 6 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 135
Talking about Suggy being AWOL, does anyone kow what's happened to Sweetwilliam fan?

I haven't seen her on any of the sites for weeks, and she's such a nutter over Will, that I can only think maybe she's got no pc at the moment, but it has been a long time.

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
does anyone kow what's happened to Sweetwilliam fan?

Now you say that Marguerite no I haven't seen her for quite some time. I don't go on D very often (it takes such a time to get in) so I don't know whether she posting on there. Hope she's well.

+Quote this post
Sunday
post Jun 6 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 91
I have not heard from suggy for a week or so ...but she was signed in on devoted on Wednesday so she is probably just reading ..to busy catching up with her son biggrin.gif

Edit just had a message she as been galavanting everywhere apparently no thought for us left behind drama.gif poor suggy as hurt her shoulder and cant move her arm sad.gif ...but she can't wait for the concert cheer.gif ....ahem.... if she had hurt her arm when i had bought the tickets could i have got in for £25 as her carer [they offered this when you applied for tickets] laugh.gif ....if your reading suggy i hope you feel better soon thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by sunday: Jun 6 2008, 02:04 PM

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(sunday @ Jun 6 2008, 02:55 PM) *
I have not heard from suggy for a week or so ...but she was signed in on devoted on Wednesday so she is probably just reading ..to busy catching up with her son biggrin.gif

Edit just had a message she as been galavanting everywhere apparently no thought for us left behind drama.gif poor suggy as hurt her shoulder and cant move her arm sad.gif ...but she can't wait for the concert cheer.gif ....ahem.... if she had hurt her arm when i had bought the tickets could i have got in for £25 as her carer [they offered this when you applied for tickets] laugh.gif ....if your reading suggy i hope you feel better soon thumbup.gif

Thanks for the update re suggy sunday. thumbup.gif If your reading this hope the shoulder isn't too painful suggy. friends.gif

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Marguerite @ Jun 6 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Talking about Suggy being AWOL, does anyone kow what's happened to Sweetwilliam fan?

I haven't seen her on any of the sites for weeks, and she's such a nutter over Will, that I can only think maybe she's got no pc at the moment, but it has been a long time.

I'm sure I was told Bev has pc problems.

+Quote this post
Sunday
post Jun 6 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 91
QUOTE(truly talented @ Jun 6 2008, 04:01 PM) *
I'm sure I was told Bev has pc problems.

I hope she is back with us soon...miss her enthusiasm with all things Will thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 6 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 12:26 PM) *
What about Smiths? Have you tried them? I remember there was one next the rail station, (probably another one since I've been there) but I don't know how far out you live. Means a journey each time, unless you're within walking distance.

More on my DVD saga. I've come to the conclusion it's got nothing t do with the discs but the dvd recorder. pirate.gif

+Quote this post
chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #80
Group icon
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow
I hope Suggy's arm gets better soon, and that SWF's computer problems are sorted. friends.gif to you both.

+Quote this post

53 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:59 PM