BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
22 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> S Club: Reunion Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post 17th December 2020, 03:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

(feel free to move to 2000s if it's better suited there, not sure as Jo's new music thread is over here!)

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/s...in-2021__31886/

Tina has said that "everyone is up" for reuniting next year, and they want to record new music! ohmy.gif

I kinda wish they handled their last comeback a bit better, I think they could have been in the position Steps are now but alas.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 17th December 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

THIS is the news we needed cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 17th December 2020, 05:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

I thought Jo was releasing another solo one next year unsure.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th December 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

There is no article there? I don't think S Club would have the same impact as Steps have done to be honest I think they are viewed more bubblegum while Steps are seen as slightly more retro.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 17th December 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Dec 17 2020, 05:58 PM) *
There is no article there? I don't think S Club would have the same impact as Steps have done to be honest I think they are viewed more bubblegum while Steps are seen as slightly more retro.

Not sure what's happening there! The link from their homepage isn't working either

+Quote this post
giannyorfino
post 17th December 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon
G.O
User: 85,830

Their last comeback was such a disappointment cause we got no new music, very short era, only a UK tour and then bye. Even if Steps are totally different from them, they still make music, they look a very polished even if they got older, they sing more live, pretty on point choreo and edgy music. Wish S Club would have done the same.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 18th December 2020, 12:44 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Dec 17 2020, 05:58 PM) *

Agreed I can't see it either. Steps' 2011 comeback tour was met with strong reviews and I think proved they were serious about their craft, plus they had really strong promo. S Club 7's last comeback performance for Children in Need wasn't great, particularly as Jo's voice has deteriorated massively. The nostalgia won't be enough on its own, they need to be strong performers and work hard like Steps did and continue to do.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 18th December 2020, 01:13 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Steps returned with stronger material than anyone expected and kept their previous sound and trademark with a modern sound.
S Club 7 need this and more if they are to improve on their previous reunion.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 18th December 2020, 06:39 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

The article isn’t loading sadly, maybe they are trying to keep the news under wraps ???

Anyway amazing news if true as I love S Club and always will ❤️

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 18th December 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

jo's got a new album coming out in early 2021 and wants to tour so if they do get back together it won't be until 2022?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 18th December 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

The link should be working again now, but here's the article in case it goes:

S Club 7 are apparently keen to reunite for 2021 and record new music.

The seven-piece pop group scored massive chart success during their initial recording years of 1998-2003, with four Number 1 singles and 11 Top 10 singles to their name - including Don't Stop Movin' and Bring It All Back.

Despite reuniting for a reunion tour in 2015 (preceded by a performance on Children In Need 2014), there seemed little hopes of Rachel, Bradley, Jon, Paul, Hannah, Tina and Jo ever getting together again - until now.

Speaking to The Sun's Bizarre column, former group member Tina Barrett (you know, Tina doing her dance) hinted that all members of the group are "keen" to reunite and record their first original material in 20 years.

"We ­definitely want to do something new together," she said, even hinting that their sounds could do with a switch-up for a modern-day comeback.

“We’re all older now so we could do something that reflects how we are now — not such a teeny-bopper sound, something more credible."

According to Tina, "everyone is up" for reuniting next year, so keep your eyes peeled for them to bring it all back (sorry) in 2021.

She also said that Steps' recent successful return to the charts with two albums of original material - the most recent of which, What The Future Holds, was in a hotly-contested chart battle with Gary Barlow for Number 1 - has played a part in bringing the group together again.

After originally disbanding in 2003 (with a seriously tear-jerking final single) members of S Club went on to various forms of success. Hannah Spearrit launched an acting career, Jon Lee was a hit on the West End stage, and Rachel Stevens embarked on a solo career of her own, releasing two albums and claiming Number 2 on the Official Singles Chart twice, with Sweet Dreams My LA Ex and Some Girls.

But could S Club 7 score a chart comeback along the lines of Steps or Take That? Only time will tell if the S Club Party pulls it off.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 18th December 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

What would the point of S Club 7 be if they didn’t have a teeny bopper sound?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 18th December 2020, 12:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(T Boy @ Dec 18 2020, 11:56 AM) *
What would the point of S Club 7 be if they didn’t have a teeny bopper sound?

Much of the '7' and Seeing Double albums had a more mature sound, compared to the accompanying lead singles at least (Reach and Alive).

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 18th December 2020, 12:21 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

'Seeing Double' was a fantastic album!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 18th December 2020, 12:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

Whilst I am excited at this prospect, there have also been rumours circulating about a return of Hear’Say next year too.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 18th December 2020, 12:45 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 18 2020, 12:15 PM) *
Much of the '7' and Seeing Double albums had a more mature sound, compared to the accompanying lead singles at least (Reach and Alive).

But was anyone interested in that? Seeing Double wasn’t a success and the only big single off the original 7 album was Reach. I know the hardcore fans will be into anything they do but the wider public probably won’t be interested, it’s like Liam said, the last comeback wasn’t exactly promising in the same way as Steps.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 18th December 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(T Boy @ Dec 18 2020, 12:45 PM) *
But was anyone interested in that? Seeing Double wasn’t a success and the only big single off the original 7 album was Reach. I know the hardcore fans will be into anything they do but the wider public probably won’t be interested, it’s like Liam said, the last comeback wasn’t exactly promising in the same way as Steps.

'7' is their best-selling album so yes, people very much were interested! Not to mention Natural was a top 3 hit.

Whether the wider public would be interested is a different story, I expect they wouldn't, but I'd still be intrigued as to what music they'd make in 2020. Steps among others have proven in recent years that pop groups can still make excellent music when they reform - in fact, I'm preferring Steps' comeback to their original stint, and All Saints have made their best albums since reforming in 2016. S Club's comeback tour was really good and Jo's vocals were on form despite the very ropey CIN performance, and I think there's still the appetite, particularly if the tour is a nostalgic hits tour.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 18th December 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 18 2020, 12:54 PM) *
'7' is their best-selling album so yes, people very much were interested! Not to mention Natural was a top 3 hit.

Whether the wider public would be interested is a different story, I expect they wouldn't, but I'd still be intrigued as to what music they'd make in 2020. Steps among others have proven in recent years that pop groups can still make excellent music when they reform - in fact, I'm preferring Steps' comeback to their original stint, and All Saints have made their best albums since reforming in 2016. S Club's comeback tour was really good and Jo's vocals were on form despite the very ropey CIN performance, and I think there's still the appetite, particularly if the tour is a nostalgic hits tour.

I’m aware of both of those facts but neither really support interest in the more mature sound. Natural went top 3 partly because they were a big name, it was one of their weaker chart runs. 7 went no.1 off the back of Reach and only returned to the top end of the chart when it was repackaged with Never Had A Dream Come True. I’m not saying no one was interested in the sound but I don’t think it was the selling point of the album.

As I said, I’m sure the fans will be interested and I’m not saying they won’t make good music, I just don’t think they’ll have success on the level of Steps. All Saints’ most recent performance would be what I expect for S Club 7

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 18th December 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(awardimerry @ Dec 18 2020, 12:26 PM) *
Whilst I am excited at this prospect, there have also been rumours circulating about a return of Hear’Say next year too.

I'm sorry but I can't see that happening and if it did doing anything at all... They had 4 singles laugh.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 18th December 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

It will be interesting to hear what a comeback single from them is like, I would guessing they will be going for more of a Never Had A Dream Come True than a Reach but we will see.

+Quote this post

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:11 PM