BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie's wedding on hold until same sex marriage legalised, in Australia
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post Oct 6 2016, 06:50 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Kylie Minogue and her British fiance would love to tie the knot in Australia, but will not do so until marriage equality is achieved.

The pair want to get married in Melbourne, says Minogue’s partner, UK actor Joshua Sasse.

“There are chances of a Melbourne wedding ... [but]we will not get married until this law has passed in Australia,” Sasse told Network Seven from Vancouver on Thursday.

Minogue and Sasse, 28, are fighting for same-sex marriage to be legalised in Australia, after Sasse launched the “Say I Do Down Under” campaign at the weekend.

“When I found out that gay marriage was illegal in Australia, I was astounded,” he said.

“I simply can’t fathom on any level, whether it’s moral or religious or anything, that I have the right to get married and to marry the person that I love and that somebody else doesn’t because of their sexual orientation.”

The Turnbull government has proposed a plebiscite on marriage equality.

The Australian actress Margot Robbie supported the campaign by wearing a T-shirt on the US’s Saturday Night Live at the weekend.

Minogue, 48, has previously said how “backward” Australia is about marriage equality, saying “the Earth didn’t cave in” in other countries where it is legal and that “love is love”.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/...MP=share_btn_fb

This post has been edited by mr_pmt: Oct 6 2016, 06:51 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 6 2016, 08:23 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I thought she might do this. Good on her. Kirsten Bell did this kind of thing too.
I don't think either of them are in any hurry anyway. It's not like you need to be married to be happy.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Oct 6 2016, 08:43 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Let's face it - she doesn't want to get married, the same with having kids and good on her for following her instinct.

Even tho Joshua Sasse is one hot piece of ass.

+Quote this post
post Oct 6 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Good on her. Go Kylie.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 6 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
QUOTE(tommie @ Oct 6 2016, 09:43 AM) *
Let's face it - she doesn't want to get married, the same with having kids and good on her for following her instinct.

Even tho Joshua Sasse is one hot piece of ass.

If she didn't want to get married she wouldn't have gotten engaged. The fact that she seems to be taking time off work to be with
Him shows this. She never did they before.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Oct 6 2016, 09:46 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(Regina @ Oct 6 2016, 09:40 AM) *
If she didn't want to get married she wouldn't have gotten engaged. The fact that she seems to be taking time off work to be with
Him shows this. She never did they before.

Being engaged isn't the same as signing a legal contract tho'. I just get the feeling that marriage isn't really on the cards for miss K.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 6 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
Valuable input.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 6 2016, 01:21 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Good on them, and if its meant to be they do not need to rush into marriage.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 6 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
QUOTE(tommie @ Oct 6 2016, 10:46 AM) *
Being engaged isn't the same as signing a legal contract tho'. I just get the feeling that marriage isn't really on the cards for miss K.

Why getting engaged if you have no intention of following through? You're talking out of your arse, as ever.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 6 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #10
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I also remember Kesha making the same vow a couple of years ago before gay marriage was legalized in all 50 states of the U.S. (and that vow ended a couple months ago). It's so nice to see so many celebrities take a stand for this.

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Oct 8 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
I want Kylie to be happy and I hope that I'm totally wrong, but I'm afraid Joshua is using her. He will dump her the minute he has become a star of his own. His first US show Galavant didn't work, his second No Tomorrow looked promising being lead-out to CW's most watched show The Flash, but for it's premiere this week half of the Flash viewers turned off, so No Tomorrow won't be the breakthrough Joshua had hoped for. It may run for awhile like Galavant did, but people won't know his name because of his acting. That's why I think Kylie will have him by his side for much longer, but still I hope I'm wrong with my impression about her fiance.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 8 2016, 08:06 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
You're kind of suggesting by saying that, that you think she's too stupid to realise it if that's the case.

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Oct 8 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Oct 8 2016, 10:06 AM) *
You're kind of suggesting by saying that, that you think she's too stupid to realise it if that's the case.

I think Kylie is smart, but she is also in love. Many people are blind when it comes to their partner, for me this is only human and not a sign of missing intelligence. Just like I said, I hope I'm wrong and Kylie won't get hurt by Joshua.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 8 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Kylie's not dumb and being in the business she's in for so long will have given her the smarts to spot something like this.
More so than any other relationshop, people seem so qucik to judge and claim that there has to be some alterior motive for it or that it's not based off of love, because
clearly a large age gap can never work.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:47 AM