BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HarryEzra's EOY 2017, -Come celebrate the goodness 2017 brought-
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post Dec 1 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #21
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Nov 28 2017, 10:30 AM) *
Hard Times and I Dare You are pretty good.
The former I end up dancing to whenever it comes on.

Hey Dalek,

Glad you like those picks and yes Hard Times is such a fun track heart.gif

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 28 2017, 06:04 PM) *
Dammit, I'm very late for this.
Either way, great chart Harry.
I've seen a lot of people starting their End of Year lists, but I'm still thinking about releasing mine right now, especially when the year isn't over it.
If it probably fits, I might start doing my Year-End Lists next week.
Anyway, beyond that, can't wait for the rest of your Year-End list!

Hi Serg

I can't wait to see your EOY!!

Glad your enjoying it so far

QUOTE(Josh! @ Nov 28 2017, 06:45 PM) *
Some brilliant videos in the bottom half of the top 10 cheer.gif LWYMMD is my fave of the lot, I love a big budget music video like that so it's always a treat when we get banger to accompany the visuals.

Hope Chained to the Rhythm has made the top 5!!

Hey Josh!

Glad you like my chosen videos so far!

I love how big of a budget LWYMMD got heart.gif

QUOTE(Cameron @ Nov 29 2017, 07:51 PM) *
Bops to be expected

You Know it Cam! cool2.gif

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Nov 29 2017, 07:54 PM) *
Look What You Made Me Do has an outstanding music video wub.gif

Hey Seph,

Knew you would agree!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 1 2017, 01:18 AM
Post #22
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
FLYNNONDA'S FRESH FINDS FOR 2018

10. Tayá

Info: Liverpool's very own RNB singer Tayá is the first pick at #10. The 18-year-old has signed to the UK Wing of Atlantic records so she could very well be on the cusp of good things. Growing up with a love for Pop-RNB singers such as Ciara and Ashanti, which you can clearly hear in her music. I first heard her song "Deeper" and thinking that was very good and since then I have really liked "When UR Sober" so I hope each release gets better and Better!

9. Bad Sounds

Info: Next up at 9 we have Bad Sounds. A Five Band from Bath/Bristol consisting off Ewan, Callum, Olivia, Charlie and Sam. Fun Fact: Ewan and Callum are brothers. They are an indie band but offer a genre binding feel to their music which is exciting. Annie Mac first introduced me to them when their song "Wages" was played and since it has allowed me to follow them and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

+Quote this post
seven.
post Dec 1 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #23
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
hoping for more good flynnonda finds, Bad Sounds and Taya are a really nice start music.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Dec 1 2017, 01:26 AM
Post #24
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Oooh Tayá heart.gif I had “Sweet Waste Of Time” as a potential (a remix no less) but When Ur Sober is so much better!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 1 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #25
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
QUOTE(SevenSeize @ Dec 1 2017, 01:23 AM) *
hoping for more good flynnonda finds, Bad Sounds and Taya are a really nice start music.gif

You Know I will bring the goods cool2.gif

QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Dec 1 2017, 01:26 AM) *
Oooh Tayá heart.gif I had “Sweet Waste Of Time” as a potential (a remix no less) but When Ur Sober is so much better!

Ohhh Sweet Waste Of Time is good but I much prefer When Ur Sober!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 1 2017, 01:42 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Taylor truly stole the crown this year in terms of the music video because 'Look What You Made Me Do' is excellent *.* so action-packed and glossy. The '...Ready For It?' video was glossy alright but not quite action-packed, at least I prefer the song x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 1 2017, 01:52 AM
Post #27
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
LWYMMD and Boys are ofc up there with my favourite videos of the year <3 the former remains a masterpiece and the latter is so innovative *.* great to see them both pop up here!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 1 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #28
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Bad Sounds. They have good sounds

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 2 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
BAD SOUNDS cheer.gif Such a great new band! Meat On My Bones still hits me every time I hear it, will certainly be high up in my EOY!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 4 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
LOVE 'When Ur Sober' and Taya's voice is incredible, would be fab to see her get a hit.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 4 2017, 02:46 AM
Post #31
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
QUOTE(Slade @ Dec 1 2017, 01:42 AM) *
Taylor truly stole the crown this year in terms of the music video because 'Look What You Made Me Do' is excellent *.* so action-packed and glossy. The '...Ready For It?' video was glossy alright but not quite action-packed, at least I prefer the song x

Completely agree well sort of its not my favorite of the year clearly laugh.gif but it was a MOMENT heart.gif

The RFI video looked good but lacked storywise sad.gif

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Dec 1 2017, 01:52 AM) *
LWYMMD and Boys are ofc up there with my favourite videos of the year <3 the former remains a masterpiece and the latter is so innovative *.* great to see them both pop up here!

I knew you stan these music videos!

Bad Sounds. They have good sounds
Oops sorry didn't copy you in properly but glad you agree!

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 2 2017, 11:07 AM) *

BAD SOUNDS cheer.gif Such a great new band! Meat On My Bones still hits me every time I hear it, will certainly be high up in my EOY!

Glad you like my pick! Meat On My Bones is very good!

LOVE 'When Ur Sober' and Taya's voice is incredible, would be fab to see her get a hit.

Me too Jack I hope she can!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 4 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #32
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Top 10 music videos of 2017

05. Lorde - Green Light

Why?: I just adore the simplicity of this video and how it still manages to give the feels of a breakup. Green Light's lyrics are about a breakup so it makes sense for it to channel the theme of the song in some way. However, it does so in such a beautiful fashion by having Lorde in the video on her own just cruising around a town. The whole thing looks stunning from the city, to the lighting, cinematography and Lorde herself. All mounts up to a great video.

04. Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To The Rythm

Why?: I love a video with a message. To equal a video basically dissing Trump it takes a whole utopian/1950's style clothing approach in the video. Seen with multiple messages such as the theme park being called "Oblivia" which is about how their are too many distractions in modern society, Pricking her finger on a rise hinting there is a thorn amongst every rose and nods to the US Housing crisis. Overall great video with a great overall concept and design. Finally, just want to say I adore the scene in the gif I stated below.

03. Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE.

Why?: Again like Katy Perry's video above has a story or a message. He plays many different humble and not so humble people such as a religious figure and a money-obsessed person. He also re-created the famous Leonardo da Vinci’s 15th-century painting, The Last Supper. Playing Jesus, another religious figure after playing Pope Francis. However these scenes a bit much harder to pull apart whereas the scene where the woman is in that photoshop sequence is a lot more literal. Lamar keeps a fair amount of literal meaning and more complex meaning in the video. Add to that great cinematography and visually appealing overall video and that is how you get #3 on my countdown.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 4 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
I can't deny CTTR is a great video, such a unique take on it all as well!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 4 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #34
Group icon
The HUMBLE music video is great.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 4 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #35
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Hi Harry

I couldn't get enough of Lorde during the Pure Heroine era but I seem to be the only person on the planet who was a little disappointed in the Melodrama album era. I do think the music was great but Green Light was a bit of a unexciting lead single for me and pretty much nothing happens in the video apart from her dancing... Perfect Places was much more up my street but then it barely got a single push laugh.gif drama.gif

YES at recognition for the CTTR video though. It's so rare we get big budget fun pop videos like that nowadays so at least Katy is still bringing it with those. The music may be getting worse but at least she's still willing to spend on the visuals laugh.gif We won't talk about the Swish Swish video though....

+Quote this post
danG
post Dec 4 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #36
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
HUMBLE. is an excellent video, deserves all the awards.

CTTR vid is great too, a lot of thought was put into it.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 4 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
The Humble video may be my favourite of the year. Really elevated the song for me. wub.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 5 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #38
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
FLYNNONDA'S FRESH FINDS FOR 2018

08. Tom Grennan

Info: Tom Grennan was born in Bedfordshire but currently living in London, tom Grennan is a singer-songwriter who first broke onto the scene when appearing on Chase and Status single "All Goes Wrong". 2016/2017 was a good couple of years for Tom with Live Lounge appearances, Jools Holland performances and even a spot on the sound of 2017 list. However, with an album coming out in March 2018 I am putting him on my list as a one to watch for 2018.

07. Billie Ellish

Info: The youngest person on my list I think, 15-year-old Billie Ellish is an American pop singer-songwriter. She first grabbed the public's attention with her song Ocean Eyes. However, it was her next single 'Bellyache' that caught my eye. With an EP released in the mid part of 2017 which contains 8 songs including Bellyache and Ocean Eyes. Not forgetting she is also on the Sound of 2018 list so she is not only tipped for big things on my list but other places have an eye on her.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 5 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #39
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Tom Grennan from Bedfordshire music.gif I have a few mutual friends of him which is kinda cool haha. All Goes Wrong is still his best tbh and he's yet to match that a solo artist but I have enjoyed all of his singles so far a fair bit, would be nice to see him break through a bit to the mainstream sad.gif

(I didn't realise how rather good looking he is until seeing his picture just now either wub.gif heehee.gif)

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 5 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Tom Grennan sounds good.

He played at Truck Festival last summer and made it to the Sound Of 2017 list.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:23 AM