BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fleur East - More & More, 2nd single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Scene
post 16th March 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Syco have unsurprisingly messed this campaign up. They never learn. laugh.gif The only thing that can redeem this era is a BGT performance for 'Baby Don't Dance'. 'Breakfast' and 'More & More' are just not cutting it for me.

This post has been edited by Scene: 16th March 2016, 03:41 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post 16th March 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I wouldn't put the fault all the way down to Syco.

The song itself clearly wasn't amazing enough to get enough attention, and then radio were a bit annoying with it, Capital playing it loads, but way too early and then dropping it under 3 weeks later and Radio 1 deciding to snub her despite the success of Sax.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 16th March 2016, 04:49 PM
Post #83
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

QUOTE(Joe. @ Mar 16 2016, 04:43 PM) *
I wouldn't put the fault all the way down to Syco.

The song itself clearly wasn't amazing enough to get enough attention, and then radio were a bit annoying with it, Capital playing it loads, but way too early and then dropping it under 3 weeks later and Radio 1 deciding to snub her despite the success of Sax.

True but Syco have form for releasing the wrong singles and making shoddy single campaigns. 'Sax' may have done very well but her album missing the top 10 should've sent alarm bells for a quick recovery and M&M just isn't the single to prevent an artist from being a one-hit-wonder (not to say Fleur will be one, just that the second single is just as important as the first). Syco have made the "second single mistake" quite a lot in the past - 'Better in Time', 'Glow', 'Gotta Be You', 'I Got You', 'Lovebird' - and I'd kind of argue 'Broken Heels' since that was what made Radio 1 cut support for any of Alexandra's future singles.

+Quote this post
Hypodermic Sally
post 16th March 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,622

There was a clear formula here:

Sax - Breakfast - (Album Release) - Paris - Baby Don't Dance.

Syco messed up when they agreed on making More and More anything more than an album track.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th March 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #85
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(Scene @ Mar 16 2016, 04:49 PM) *
True but Syco have form for releasing the wrong singles and making shoddy single campaigns. 'Sax' may have done very well but her album missing the top 10 should've sent alarm bells for a quick recovery and M&M just isn't the single to prevent an artist from being a one-hit-wonder (not to say Fleur will be one, just that the second single is just as important as the first). Syco have made the "second single mistake" quite a lot in the past - 'Better in Time', 'Glow', 'Gotta Be You', 'I Got You', 'Lovebird' - and I'd kind of argue 'Broken Heels' since that was what made Radio 1 cut support for any of Alexandra's future singles.

Better In Time? Really? That was a smash, definitely not any kind of mistake... unsure.gif This has quite clearly not done anything but I don't think it's Syco's fault, there's just not really an obvious smash hit left on the album. Breakfast is fab but I'm not sure it's a smash hit.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 16th March 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

QUOTE(JoeyJeppssonWall @ Mar 16 2016, 09:01 PM) *
Better In Time? Really? That was a smash, definitely not any kind of mistake... unsure.gif This has quite clearly not done anything but I don't think it's Syco's fault, there's just not really an obvious smash hit left on the album. Breakfast is fab but I'm not sure it's a smash hit.

It was a hit but it had Sports Relief and coming off the back of 'Bleeding Love' on its side. I think anything would've been a hit after BL and with the Sports Relief connection. I think 'Take A Bow' was the obvious choice but for whatever reason that wasn't chosen at all. wacko.gif I think there's definitely stronger "singles" on the album than 'More & More' and I think the campaign for it could've been a lot smoother. It should've impacted radio in January imo - 'Sax' was falling and her album was just hovering (if my memory serves me correctly laugh.gif).

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 16th March 2016, 10:38 PM
Post #87
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think the album not doing great is what may have set Fleur up for this, I think 'More & More' is fine but maybe the reason Radio 1 didn't go for it is that they decided to cancel the release and thus it never actually had a solid impact date? That's the impression I got anyway, the fact the video hasn't even surfaced for it speaks volumes.

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 17th March 2016, 10:26 AM
Post #88
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488

Let's face it, the only song left worth releasing is Gold Watch.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd April 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #89
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

http://portfolio.incend.io/FleurEast_MoreMore.mp4

The unreleased 'More & More' video!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 23rd April 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

what the hell is going on with her at the minute?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 23rd April 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #91
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Unless she had a killer second single, this album campaign was always going to be over before it begun. However, I don't understand why Syco didn't at least TRY to push this, rather than just a last minute NTA performance and a random unofficial video, when Sax was practically forced down our throats to the point where it's hard to like the song.

Indeed, second singles seem to be a Syco problem in general.

+Quote this post
Eva_coco_may
post 24th April 2016, 07:09 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 22,737

More and more video was leaked a couple days ago

She's been writing in Bali with tayla parx Mitch Allen Mphases etc, I think they're either getting a quick second album out or its for the American version maybe a gold version of LSAB.

It's all a bit mental ain't it, syco never learn

+Quote this post
Hypodermic Sally
post 24th April 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,622

it was easy, there is a clear structure:

01. Sax - Released in the summer of 2015
02. Breakfast
(Album Release)
03. Paris - BRITS Performance
04. Baby Don't Dance (with some rent-a-rapper)

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 24th April 2016, 11:57 PM
Post #94
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

LMAO "it's simple, just get a BRITS performance".

I really don't get why they'd have film and edit a video only to not put it out there. I can't see any reason why they'd do that, like they've made ZERO return on doing it this way.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 25th April 2016, 04:45 AM
Post #95
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I agree, very odd to let it go to waste when it was in a finished state. Surely it wouldn't have been harmful to just pop it on her Vevo and see what happened. :eyes:

Hmm. It seems Syco got cold feet after Capital dropped it. Not only did they cancel the video, but they also made the odd move of removing the Radio Mix version of the track from iTunes & Spotify (which is a very "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted" thing to have done ;o ). It's like they tried to take steps to brush it under the carpet and pretend it wasn't a single after all.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 15th December 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #96
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I am still not over how big a mess this campaign was. One of the biggest injustices of 2016 by far!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:26 AM