BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Joseph's Hit 250 | Year-End 2017 *COMPLETE, FULL LIST PG 11*, including Rita Ora, Harry Styles, Cheat Codes and Dua Lipa
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #201
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Songs

8 Kesha - Praying | 1-3-3-5-4-4-9-13-20-24-28-32-X (12 weeks)

The return of Kesha was one of my most anticipated comebacks of recent times. Her last release, the Warrior album, had been a slow-burner for me but I really came to appreciate it as a brilliant body of work. Watching her legal battles in the years since has been pretty horrible, particularly considering the nature of the offences committed by Dr. Luke, according to Kesha. Finally, having finally freed herself of his grip, Kesha could crack on with her music career. Her first (proper) new release in 5 years came in the form of Praying, and I had high hopes.

Praying certainly delivered too. Simply on one listen, I was blown away. I adore the light and shade in Kesha's vocals, with the soft, vulnerable tones at the start and the belting towards the end contrasting beautifully. The lyrics are superb, with "some things only god can forgive" being a true goosebumps moment. The entire song is elevated by the raw emotion in Kesha's voice too. You can hear the pain and suffering as she sings each word, and the message is so brilliant - she's not sticking the boot in, she's rising above Dr. Luke and hoping he's reflecting on his actions instead. Unbelievably mature and a huge difference in the Kesha the public remember from TiK ToK. She's all the better for it, too. Naturally, Praying stormed to a #1 debut in my chart, becoming her first chart topper, and it led the way for her first #1 album in Rainbow too. *The* comeback of the year, and done with such class and dignity too.

EOY History

2012 _39 Die Young
2013 _52 Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am)
2013 _65 Die Young
2013 123 Timber (Pitbull feat. Ke$ha)
2014 _47 Timber (Pitbull feat. Ke$ha)
2016 247 True Colors (Zedd & Kesha)
2017 __8 Praying
2017 221 Learn To Let Go

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #202
Group icon

Songs

7 Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together | 2-6-9-19-21-17-4-1-2-6-7-6-9-11-14-... (15+ weeks)

If I'm totally honest, I wasn't really craving an Avicii comeback. I'd grown very tired of him after the overexposure of Wake Me Up and Hey Brother (even if I liked both initially, and enjoy the former again now), and his second album sounded like a watered down rehash of his debut. However, news of a Rita Ora collaboration had whet my appetite significantly. Firstly, Avicii hasn't really been one for big name collaborations before, so it was a nice surprise to see Rita's name on his EP tracklist. Secondly, Rita almost always delivers!

I listened to Lonely Together first, before any of the EP, and I rather liked it. Enough to revisit it, anyway. Rita's pitched vocals actually complemented the song well, and it sounded like a breath of fresh air for Avicii. With repeated listens, the song grew and grew. The melodies are brilliant, the production is top notch and it's so effortless throughout. Rita's vocals sound sincere and I absolutely adore the sentiment! It debuted at #2 behind P!nk's What About Us in my chart, but eventually climbed to #1, becoming Rita's fifth chart topper (and first in over two years), as well as Avicii's first. It's the first EOY top 10 for both too, although we know Rita's still got one more song to come! I'd love Avicii to continue a path similar to this, he's capable of great tracks when he puts the effort in and Lonely Together is proof!

EOY History

Avicii
2013 _34 I Could Be the One (Avicii vs. Nicky Romero)
2013 139 Wake Me Up
2014 184 Addicted to You
2016 155 Taste the Feeling (Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell)
2017 __7 Lonely Together (feat. Rita Ora)

Rita Ora
2012 _28 How We Do (Party)
2012 _65 R.I.P. (feat. Tinie Tempah)
2014 _13 Black Widow (Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora)
2014 _30 I Will Never Let You Down
2015 _13 Doing It (Charli XCX feat. Rita Ora)
2015 143 Poison
2015 161 Coming Home (Sigma & Rita Ora)
2015 164 Body On Me (feat. Chris Brown)
2015 170 New York Raining (Charles Hamilton feat. Rita Ora)
2017 TBA Anywhere
2017 __7 Lonely Together (Avicii feat. Rita Ora)
2017 _60 Your Song

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 11:08 PM
Post #203
Group icon

Songs

6 FO&O - Gotta Thing About You | 1-1-2-5-5-9-11-20-21-24-27-24-33-X (13 weeks)

Now we're at the highest Eurovision-related song of the year! FO&O, formerly The Fooo Conspiracy, were confirmed as participants in Sweden's Melodifestivalen at the end of 2016. The contest began in February last year, as FO&O were down a member, hence the rename. I was intrigued from the start, having adored My Girl in particular from some of their earlier material. Felix, Oscar and Omar performed Gotta Thing About You, and instantly I knew it was their best song yet. Something I always liked about FO&O was their choreography. Unlike most modern boybands, FO&O actually perform choreography in their videos and live performances, and they're pretty damn good at it too. Gotta Thing About You was accompanied at MFest by some slick dance moves, and the vocals were on point too. As a whole, the entire performance clicked perfectly, and the song ended up going through to Andra Chansen (Second Chance), and eventually into the final.

The song proved itself to be an enduring hit too. The studio version was just as good, with the chorus being perfect to sing along to, even with dodgy lyrics throughout ("every time you bake I wanna eat cake" and "you make me wanna wag my tail" being the most iconic). It's the song that took FO&O to the next level, and gave them their very first #1 in my chart, which they followed up with a second #1 in So So Good just a few months later. It opened their self-titled album too, an album that I've spoken about a couple of times in this countdown as being one of the best of the year with some superb pop moments throughout. FO&O stepped up in 2017, and they achieved their biggest hit to date by far. Now it's all eyes on Felix, who has entered this year's MFest as a soloist...!

EOY History

2016 142 My Girl
2016 211 Who Doesn't Love Love
2017 __6 Gotta Thing About You
2017 _42 Buzzkill
2017 _80 So So Good

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 11:25 PM
Post #204
Group icon

Songs

5 Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato - No Promises | 1-2-2-4-7-10-13-17-24-23-27-22-27-33-40-X (15 weeks)

It's a pretty rare thing for an artist to be in my EOY top 10 two years running. In the exclusive club are Alyssa Reid (2012 and 2013), Iggy Azalea (2013, 2014 and 2015) and... well, that's it. Cheat Codes now join the club, appearing at #6 last year with Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On) and now at #5 with No Promises. This track saw the EDM trio collaborate with American superstar Demi Lovato, the first time they'd collaborated with a big name vocalist. Naturally, from the first rumours I was excited. Demi's one of the best popstars around and Cheat Codes were on a roll at this point. When it leaked a week before release, I rushed to listen to it.

I was so impressed on first listen. Whilst it's generic future bass on a production level, what sets No Promises apart from most of the other tracks is how well Trevor and Demi's voices go well together. Considering she's a much stronger vocalist than he is, she could've sung him off the track quite easily, but they contrast perfectly. The chorus is exceptionally catchy, and it sounded like a big hit from the first play. It was quite lucky to have leaked actually, because it debuted at #1 in its first week, before falling to #2 behind Harry Styles' Sign of the Times a week later. Would it have managed to keep Harry at bay if it didn't leak and I heard it a week later? It remains to be seen but Sign of the Times is still to come here... Anyway, No Promises is Cheat Codes' biggest hit yet, and Demi's highest EOY position too (although if we go by weeks in my top 40, her biggest hit would be Somebody to You).

EOY History

Cheat Codes
2016 __6 Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On) [Cheat Codes & Dante Klein]
2017 __5 No Promises (feat. Demi Lovato)
2017 _11 Shed a Light (Robin Schulz, David Guetta & Cheat Codes)
2017 _64 Adventure (Cheat Codes x Evan Gartner)
2017 172 Feels Great (feat. Fetty Wap & CVBZ)

Demi Lovato
2013 _32 Heart Attack
2013 113 Really Don't Care (feat. Cher Lloyd)
2013 136 Neon Lights
2014 _24 Somebody to You (The Vamps feat. Demi Lovato)
2015 _51 Cool for the Summer
2015 110 Kingdom Come (feat. Iggy Azalea)
2015 140 Confident
2015 189 Up (Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato)
2016 101 Body Say
2017 __5 No Promises (Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato)
2017 _36 Sorry Not Sorry
2017 _41 Instruction (Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don)
2017 167 Échame La Culpa (Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #205
Group icon

Songs

4 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios | 5-2-5-6-5-7-4-8-9-11-14-16-15-21-26-37-X (16 weeks)

Over the years, a few non-#1s have made my EOY top 10. Cheryl's Call My Name (#2), Stooshe's Black Heart (#10), Tom Odell's Another Love (#3), The Saturdays' What About Us (#2) and Mariah Carey's #Beautiful (#9) all missed the top spot, by varying amounts, but their longevity saw them into the top 10 of the year. However, the latter trio all come from 2013 and the former duo from 2012 - so it hasn't happened in a while. 2014-16's top 10s have been made up exclusively of #1s, with the highest non-#1s being at #12, #14 and #17 respectively. This year, things have changed significantly. Not only do we see a non-#1 back in the EOY top 10, we also see the highest position *ever* for a non-#1 in my EOY chart. The highest of the earlier list was Tom Odell's Another Love, which made it to #5 EOY, but Anne-Marie outdoes that with her #2 peaking Ciao Adios.

If I love Ciao Adios this much, why did it miss my top spot? The answer is explained better with context. Ciao Adios was released the same day as Katy Perry's comeback track Chained to the Rhythm. Whilst Anne-Marie debuted higher on less than 24 hours of availability (Ciao Adios came out at midnight, Chained didn't come out until the morning so it had an advantage), Katy raced ahead the week after. This is possibly the biggest chart regret of the year for me. Whilst I adore Katy and I'm glad she achieved her first #1, but Ciao Adios was neck-and-neck with it the whole week. If only I had hindsight, eh? To make matters worse, Anne-Marie's follow-ups Heavy and Then have both made #1. Whilst I love both songs, Ciao Adios remains her best for me!

Back to the song itself anyway. Ciao Adios was a much-hyped release for me. It was Anne-Marie's first solo single since Alarm in mid-2016, and it followed up the incredible Rockabye too, so my expectation were high. I was sold on just one listen. Ciao Adios is incredibly instant, with a punchy chorus and brilliant lyrics about getting rid of a cheating partner. The chorus is so infectious and "ciao adios I'm done" is brilliantly quotable (as is "shower the horse I'm done" kink.gif). It's a shame that Anne-Marie hasn't capitalised on the success of Ciao Adios with an album yet, but I'm hoping it'll be amazing when it eventually arrives, because she has so much potential.

EOY History

2016 _16 Rockabye (Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie)
2016 _36 Alarm
2017 __4 Ciao Adios
2017 _72 Heavy
2017 239 Either Way (Snakehips & Anne-Marie feat. Joey Bada$$)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2018, 11:52 PM
Post #206
Group icon

Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
Nemo Schiffman - I Don't Mind
Rita Ora - Anywhere

Who will take it?

+Quote this post
danG
post 4th February 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #207
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Yes for Avicii wub.gif Shaping up to one of my favourites of his and it's broken loads of chart records for me (including spending 13 weeks at #1). It'll be a big contender for my EOY #01 of 2018 despite its August 2017 release.

Also like Scared, No Promises and Ciao Adios from your top ten.

Hoping for Rita to take it but I can't see it being anyone other than Harry.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th February 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #208
Group icon

Songs

3 Rita Ora - Anywhere | 12-1-1-1-1-1-… (6+ weeks)

The most recently released song in my entire top 40 finds itself putting up a very good fight for #1. Anywhere was a huge moment for Rita Ora, and I think it was helped by some excellent timing. Whilst I've always been a Rita fan, I became sceptical of how good her comeback would be during the interim period between I Will Never Let You Down's release and Your Song's eventual arrival. Poison didn't quite hit the spot and whilst I enjoy Body On Me lots now, it wasn't the most instant of songs. Your Song was a step in the right direction though and had brilliant longevity for me, although it "only" peaked at #7 in my weekly chart. However, by the time Anywhere arrived, Lonely Together had not long since peaked and everything seemed to be slotting into place perfectly.

I was excited to hear Anywhere of course, but I didn't expect it to be quite as good as it was. From the first play, I was sold. The melodies of Anywhere are brilliant, and it accomplishes them in a way that most pop songs could only dream of these days. The chorus is memorable and the drop doesn't sound anywhere near as generic as it could easily be. Overall, it gels together to make the perfect pop song for 2017. Rita shines brighter than she ever has vocally, and she radiates star quality in the music video.

Naturally, this led to me barely stopping playing it for several weeks after. Not only did Anywhere climb to #1 in its first full week of availability, it spent 6 consecutive weeks at the top (the sixth coming after the cut-off point), matching the record set by Conrad Sewell's Hold Me Up in 2015 (although overall, the record belongs to Girls Aloud's Something New which managed 8 weeks across 3 stints). This is double what the 2nd longest running #1s of 2017 managed - the 3 weeks achieved by both Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. Such an impressive achievement, and it accurately reflects my feeling of the song too, it just doesn't get old. Every time the music video comes on, I'm lost in the zone and Anywhere transports me to some kind of audio heaven. It's taken Rita to the next level and I am so excited to hear this live in May!!

EOY History

2012 _28 How We Do (Party)
2012 _65 R.I.P. (feat. Tinie Tempah)
2014 _13 Black Widow (Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora)
2014 _30 I Will Never Let You Down
2015 _13 Doing It (Charli XCX feat. Rita Ora)
2015 143 Poison
2015 161 Coming Home (Sigma & Rita Ora)
2015 164 Body On Me (feat. Chris Brown)
2015 170 New York Raining (Charles Hamilton feat. Rita Ora)
2017 __3 Anywhere
2017 __7 Lonely Together (Avicii feat. Rita Ora)
2017 _60 Your Song

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th February 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #209
Group icon

Songs

2 Nemo Schiffman - I Don't Mind | 2-1-2-3-4-4-3-5-7-10-16-19-28-29-32-36-38-X-39-X (18 non-consecutive weeks)

Unfortunately just missing out on the top spot is the oldest song in the top 10. French singer Nemo Schiffman actually released I Don't Mind in October 2016 as his second single, following Will. I hadn't heard of him at the time, and didn't know who he was until December 2016, when our very own Rob S popped up to me on Facebook with a recommendation. I mean, I won't lie, my first thought was that I'd never known a human called Nemo before. I only thought of the fish kink.gif but I gave I Don't Mind a curiosity spin, Rob knows my taste well so I trusted his judgement!

I was pretty blown away by just how good I Don't Mind was though. At a time where I was struggling for a BJSC entry, I Don't Mind showed up and was *everything* I was looking for. Nemo's got a great voice, and he sounds brilliant throughout the track. It's catchy as hell, and perfect to sing along to (something I've done on way too many occasions over the year). What captured me most about I Don't Mind though was the way the production builds. I was wary when it first started, thinking it might be a bit too mellow and not interesting enough. However, as the first verse went on, the production continued to ramp up, and the chorus that followed was sensational. By the end of that first listen, I was blown away. Then I was angry, because it wasn't on iTunes UK at the time x

I Don't Mind ended up stalling at #2 behind Louis Tomlinson's Just Hold On in week 1, but it climbed to an easy #1 the week after, securing my Christmas #1 of 2016 in fact. Whilst it spent only one week at the top, it managed ten weeks in my top 10, an impressive achievement in my chart's current climate. It's re-entered a couple of times too, the most recent occurrence being just last week, proving I'm still just as in love with the song as I was when I first heard it. Thank you so much for this recommendation Rob, it's been one of the defining tracks of 2017 and really it was just unlucky to run into such a behemoth that it never quite stood a chance of #1...

EOY History

2017 __2 I Don't Mind

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
Post #210
Group icon

Songs

1 Harry Styles - Sign of the Times | 1-1-1-4-3-3-5-12-13-18-20-19-20-23-29-30-31-26-25-31-39-40-X (22 weeks)

So here we are. Finally, we've reached the end of the countdown. Over two months of counting down and... well, I guess we've probably ended up with the most predictable result going. Oh well.

I've said it already but Harry Styles' solo music has been one of my most anticipated arrivals of the past couple of years. He was always my favourite voice in One Direction, and with such charisma, there was always a perfect opportunity for him to come with something absolutely brilliant. He took longer than I expected actually, opting not to release anything throughout 2016. A risky tactic as often we see the first soloist from a pop group (Zayn in this case) being the biggest, so I was a little bit worried but not overly so when Harry was always the biggest name within the group.

I became more worried as things started to emerge about Harry's debut single. With comparisons to 70s rock and David Bowie, I was very sceptical as neither of those sound particularly up my street. However, I remained optimistic. The trailer shown to tease Harry's solo arrival during The Voice UK was extremely exciting, and I went into full-on stan mode as we approached the eventually confirmed release of 7th April. The runtime of almost 6 minutes scared me, but I adored the artwork, the name Sign of the Times intrigued me, and all we needed now was the actual song. Premiering on Friday morning on Radio 1, with an interview to follow.

For the first time in a long time, I woke up especially for the song's radio premiere. I was actually quite nervous before it was played, but I was extremely excited. That first listen remains so clear in my head. No song has hit me that hard in such a long time. Hearing Harry's voice again was brilliant, and my word, how it soared on a track like Sign of the Times. The lyrics are touching and so beautifully written. Cryptic, but not impossible to decode, so you find yourself listening and resonating with the words. It was the chorus that blew me away so much. I definitely heard the Bowie comparisons, but it was no bad thing. "Just stop your crying, it's a sign of the times" sings Harry as the instrumental picks up. By this point, I'm sure I was swaying, mesmerised. By the end of the song, and that incredible final minute, I was floored. It was everything I wanted and more. I was left feeling quite emotional at the end, and it's very rare that a song touches me so much.

Needless to say I spent most of that day replaying the song. Play after play, I was in awe. Later that day, the song topped my chart, something which songs very rarely do on their day of release. It spent three weeks at the top, eventually being dethroned by a triple-whammy from We the Kings, Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth. Its chart run actually looks a little bit odd, including a drop out of the top 10 from #5, but that was in a week where there were EIGHT new songs in my top 10! laugh.gif It achieved the longest run of any song in my top 40 in 2017 (well, until Camila Cabello's Havana recently overtook), and was only one of only two songs by the cut-off point to have spent 20+ weeks in the chart. A huge success for Harry, and he's now achieved something that no 1D song ever did - an EOY #1! (although if I did an EOY for 2011, What Makes You Beautiful would 100% be the #1, so...)

Even now, I get goosebumps playing Sign of the Times. Whilst nothing on his album comes close, Harry set the bar very high with his debut, and I was so pleased that something so non-commercial still managed to become a hit in the UK and debut at #1. I am so very excited to hear this live in May, although I fear I'll be a bit of a wreck by the end. Just stop your crying, it'll be alright.

EOY History

2017 __1 Sign of the Times
2017 _68 Two Ghosts
2017 192 Kiwi
2017 242 Ever Since New York

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
Post #211
Group icon

Songs

1 Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
2 Nemo Schiffman - I Don't Mind
3 Rita Ora - Anywhere
4 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios
5 Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato - No Promises
6 FO&O - Gotta Thing About You
7 Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together
8 Kesha - Praying
9 Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals - Back to You
10 Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely

11 Robin Schulz, David Guetta & Cheat Codes - Shed a Light
12 Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There For You
13 Anton Hagman - Kiss You Goodbye
14 Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana
15 Declan McKenna - Brazil
16 Tom Jay Williams - Closure
17 Little Mix - Touch
18 Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
19 Justin Bieber & BloodPop® - Friends
20 Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover

21 Benjamin - Bad Luck Love
22 The Vamps feat. Maggie Lindemann - Personal
23 Charlie Puth - How Long
24 Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour
25 Mike Perry, The Vamps & Sabrina Carpenter - Hands
26 Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony
27 Maggie Lindemann - Pretty Girl
28 Dua Lipa - New Rules
29 CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaetón Lento
30 Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

31 P!nk - What About Us
32 Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki - Just Hold On
33 KStewart feat. Yungen - Hands
34 Jonas Blue feat. William Singe - Mama
35 Citizen Four - My Name (Say It)
36 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
37 Charlie Puth - Attention
38 Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To the Rhythm
39 Ulrik Munther - Coffee in Shanghai
40 Ariana Grande - One Last Time

41 Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don - Instruction
42 FO&O - Buzzkill
43 The Vamps & Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night
44 Daniel Skye - ON
45 Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
46 Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
47 In Real Life - Eyes Closed
48 Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane - Fetish
49 Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels - I Miss You
50 Marcus & Martinus - Make You Believe in Love

51 Anton Hagman - Somebody To Love
52 Lady Gaga - The Cure
53 Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess
54 Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
55 Nadine - Go to Work
56 Benjamin Ingrosso - Good Lovin'
57 Marija - Dance Like Nobody's Watching
58 We the Kings feat. Olivia Holt - Sad Song (RJ Remix)
59 Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
60 Rita Ora - Your Song

61 The Tide - Naked
62 The Beach - Bite My Tongue
63 Jasmine Thompson - Old Friends (Jonas Blue Remix)
64 Cheat Codes x Evan Gartner - Adventure
65 Bebe Rexha feat. Lil Wayne - The Way I Are (Dance with Somebody)
66 Frans Walfridsson - Tonight
67 Alec Benjamin - I Built a Friend
68 Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
69 Bebe Rexha feat. G-Eazy - F.F.F.
70 Little Mix feat. Charlie Puth - Oops

71 Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
72 Anne-Marie - Heavy
73 Ryan Lawrie - Perfect Picture
74 JoJo feat. Remy Ma - FAB.
75 Starley - Call On Me (Ryan Riback Remix)
76 Declan McKenna - Humongous
77 JP Cooper - September Song
78 Christopher - Free Fall
79 Lost Kings feat. Emily Warren - Phone Down
80 FO&O - So So Good

81 Zak Abel - Unstable
82 PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
83 Zara Larsson - I Would Like
84 Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
85 Little Mix feat. Stormzy - Power
86 Sofia Reyes feat. Francesco Yates & Spencer Ludwig - LOUDER! (Love is Loud)
87 Major Lazer feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj - Run Up
88 Chase Atlantic - Right Here
89 PRETTYMUCH - Open Arms
90 RHODES vs. Felix Jaehn - Your Soul (Holding On)

91 Tom Odell - Silhouette
92 RIVRS - Playing With Fire
93 HNNBL feat. Miles Wesley - Trust
94 Kris Kross Amsterdam & Conor Maynard feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Are You Sure?
95 Jason Derulo feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
96 The Shades - Trouble
97 The Tide - Put the Cuffs On Me
98 Isaiah - Streets of Gold
99 Lorde - Green Light
100 Enrique Iglesias feat. Sean Paul & Matt Terry - SÚBEME LA RADIO

101 Hunter Hayes - Rescue
102 RAYE & Mr Eazi - Decline
103 Kiiara - Wishlist
104 Dolly Style - Bye Bye Bby Boo
105 Rag'n'Bone Man - Skin
106 Charli XCX - Boys
107 The Shades - 24 Hours a Day
108 Harry Gardner - Not Alone
109 Zak Abel - All I Ever Do (Is Say Goodbye)
110 Jessarae - Fishbowl

111 Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
112 Axwell Λ Ingrosso - More Than You Know
113 Alex Ross feat. Dakota & T-Pain - Dreams
114 Grey feat. Bahari - I Miss You
115 Isaiah - Don't Come Easy
116 Miley Cyrus - Malibu
117 Niall Horan - Slow Hands
118 Kygo feat. Justin Jesso - Stargazing
119 Maggie Lindemann - Obsessed
120 Daniel Skye - No Party

121 Manel Navarro - Keep on Falling
122 George Ezra - Don't Matter Now
123 Declan McKenna - Why Do You Feel So Down
124 Rhys - Last Dance
125 Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
126 Alexandru - Sellotape
127 Jai Waetford - Champagne
128 Shane Harper - Like I Did
129 Tom Jay Williams - Figure It Out
130 Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask

131 Manel Navarro - Candle
132 Frans Walfridsson - Emergency Call
133 Kygo & Ellie Goulding - First Time
134 Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
135 Benjamin Ingrosso - Do You Think About Me
136 Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want
137 Citizen Four - Want You Back
138 Paloma Faith - Crybaby
139 Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave
140 The Beach - Bridge Back to Your Heart

141 Matoma & The Vamps - Staying Up
142 George Shelley - Soldier
143 Kiiara feat. Felix Snow - Whippin
144 Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs
145 Katy Perry feat. Migos - Bon Appétit
146 Iggy Azalea feat. Anitta - Switch
147 Sean Paul feat. Dua Lipa - No Lie
148 Alan Walker, Noah Cyrus & Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
149 M.O feat. Kent Jones - Not in Love
150 Camila Cabello - I Have Questions

151 Perttu feat. Yates - Good Good
152 Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves
153 Benjamin Ingrosso - One More Time
154 Jai Waetford feat. Allday - Drunk Together
155 Alyssa Reid - High
156 Tinie Tempah feat. Tinashe - Text from Your Ex
157 Maty Noyes - London
158 Tiësto feat. Bright Sparks - On My Way
159 Matt Terry - When Christmas Comes Around
160 Dua Lipa - Be the One

161 David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber - 2U
162 J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
163 Mollie King - Hair Down
164 Toby Randall feat. DJ Khaled - Landslide
165 Zara Larsson feat. Ty Dolla $ign - So Good
166 Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce
167 Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato - Échame La Culpa
168 Lucie Silvas - My Old Habits
169 Julia Michaels - Issues
170 Reed Deming - Cry Wolf

171 Lucie Silvas - Just For the Record
172 Cheat Codes feat. Fetty Wap & CVBZ - Feels Great
173 Nightly - XO
174 Ansel Elgort - Thief
175 DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne - I'm the One
176 Joel Adams - Die For You
177 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber - Despacito
178 Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
179 Isac Elliot - SHE
180 Dylan Hyde - Clearly

181 Martin Solveig feat. Ina Wroldsen - Places
182 Kate Nash - Call Me
183 Marshmello feat. Khalid - Silence
184 Era Istrefi feat. Felix Snow - Redrum
185 New Hope Club - Fixed
186 Jax Jones feat. RAYE - You Don't Know Me
187 The Chainsmokers - Paris
188 Camila Cabello feat. Quavo - OMG
189 Lisa Ajax - I Don't Give A
190 James TW - Ex

191 Pitbull & Fifth Harmony - Por Favor
192 Harry Styles - Kiwi
193 Maty Noyes - Say It to My Face
194 Liam Payne feat. Quavo - Strip That Down
195 Grey feat. Avril Lavigne & Anthony Green - Wings Clipped
196 Little Mix feat. Machine Gun Kelly - No More Sad Songs
197 JP Cooper - Passport Home
198 Banks - Trainwreck
199 ZAYN feat. Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
200 Dua Lipa feat. Miguel - Lost In Your Light

201 Lewis Watson - deep the water
202 MØ - Nights with You
203 Marcus & Martinus feat. Silentó - Like It Like It
204 CNCO - Hey DJ
205 Rachel Platten - Broken Glass
206 Bebe Rexha - I Got You
207 Sofia Carson - Ins and Outs
208 Lost Kings feat. Tinashe - Quit You
209 Ella Eyre feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Ego
210 Chlöe Howl - Magnetic

211 Astrid S - Think Before I Talk
212 All Time Low - Dirty Laundry
213 Stormzy feat. MNEK - Blinded By Your Grace, Pt. 2
214 Pia Mia - We Should Be Together
215 Michael Schulte - Hold the Rhythm
216 ALMA - Chasing Highs
217 Matoma & MAGIC! feat. D.R.A.M. - Girl at Coachella
218 George Shelley - Prove Me Wrong
219 Great Good Fine OK & Before You Exit - Find Yourself
220 Taylor Swift - This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

221 Kesha - Learn To Let Go
222 Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane - Down
223 ZOË - Dangerous Affair
224 The Tide - Survive
225 Helena Paparizou - Haide
226 Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me
227 Pitbull & Jennifer Lopez - Sexy Body
228 Digital Farm Animals feat. Hailee Steinfeld - Digital Love
229 INDIIA feat. Whitney Phillips - Out of Love
230 NEIKED feat. Mimi - Call Me

231 Ariana Grande feat. Future - Everyday
232 Paloma Faith - Guilty
233 Ed Sheeran - Perfect
234 Rag'n'Bone Man - Human
235 Margaret - What You Do
236 Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt - Let Me Go
237 Madeline Juno - You Know What?
238 Dinah Nah - One More Night
239 Snakehips & Anne-Marie feat. Joey Bada$$ - Either Way
240 Melanie C - Dear Life

241 Nathan Sykes - There's Only One of You
242 Harry Styles - Ever Since New York
243 AJR feat. Louisa Johnson - Weak
244 Martin Jensen - Solo Dance
245 Jason Derulo feat. French Montana - Tip Toe
246 Anton Powers & Pixie Lott - Baby
247 Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels
248 Benny - Boys Will Be Boys
249 New Hope Club - Perfume
250 Mariah Carey feat. YG - I Don't

Albums

1 Declan McKenna - What Do You Think About the Car?
2 Harry Styles - Harry Styles
3 FO&O - FO&O
4 The Vamps - Night & Day (Night Edition)
5 Taylor Swift - reputation
6 Kesha - Rainbow
7 Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa
8 Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
9 Zara Larsson - So Good
10 Ed Sheeran - ÷

11 Paloma Faith - The Architect
12 Zak Abel - Only When We're Naked
13 The Tide - Young Love
14 Lorde - Melodrama
15 Katy Perry - Witness
16 Fifth Harmony - Fifth Harmony
17 P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
18 Lewis Watson - midnight
19 Niall Horan - Flicker
20 Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life

21 Michael Schulte - Hold the Rhythm
22 Sofia Reyes - Louder!
23 Tove Lo - BLUE LIPS (lady wood phase II)
24 The Chainsmokers - Memories… Do Not Open
25 Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel
26 Isaiah - Isaiah
27 Jake Bugg - Hearts That Strain
28 Rag'n'Bone Man - Human
29 Betty Who - The Valley
30 Nathan Sykes - Unfinished Business

EPs

1 Bebe Rexha - All Your Fault: Pt. 1
2 Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover
3 New Hope Club - Welcome to the Club
4 Julia Michaels - Nervous System
5 Tom Odell - Spending All My Christmas With You

Artists

1 Harry Styles
2 FO&O
3 Declan McKenna
4 The Vamps
5 Kesha
6 Demi Lovato
7 Manel Navarro
8 Dua Lipa
9 Taylor Swift
10 Zara Larsson

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th February 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #212
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I Don't Mind just missing out on #1 sad.gif A worthy #2 though, a great song and great vocals!

And I can't say I'm surprised by your #1 tongue.gif Kudos to him for not going down the boring pop route and producing what's probably the most interesting UK #1 of 2017 biggrin.gif

Great chart Joseph, I've enjoyed following this!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 4th February 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #213
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

hi.gif Joe, sorry I've waited until now to comment but great job with this as always! Actually a fair bit of crossover in the upper half of the chart, I LOVE Sign of the Times, I loved how unconventional and retro it sounded and it was quite the moment seeing the public actually get behind something like that *. Anywhere has also grown on me a lot recently as well, certainly her best single and she should definitely stay with this kind of sound.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 4th February 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #214
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

lmao as if ANYTHING ELSE could be your #1

+Quote this post
Riser
post 10th February 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #215
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Ooh I should've made top 10 predictions. I would've expected higher for No Promises and Back To You, and can't believe Shed A Light's only #11 (ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif) but that's an incredibly strong top 10! Plus, Rob S's impact on your top 2 *____* (and your #75 ie hi Starley!)

Excellent countdown as always biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 11th February 2018, 05:22 PM
Post #216
Group icon

Thank you for the lovely comments guys!!! See you later this year for 2018's countdown cool2.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 14th February 2018, 01:04 AM
Post #217
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Songs[/b][/size]

1 Harry Styles - Sign of the Times [BRILLIANT]
3 Rita Ora - Anywhere [BRILLIANT]
4 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios [ADEQUATE]
5 Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato - No Promises [ALRIGHT]
7 Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together [BRILLIANT]
8 Kesha - Praying [BRILLIANT]
9 Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals - Back to You [GOOD]
10 Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely [DIVINE]
11 Robin Schulz, David Guetta & Cheat Codes - Shed a Light [GOOD]
12 Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There For You [ADEQUATE]
14 Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana [GOOD]
15 Declan McKenna - Brazil [BRILLIANT]
17 Little Mix - Touch [FAIR]
18 Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish [GOOD]
19 Justin Bieber & BloodPop® - Friends [ADEQUATE]
20 Manel Navarro - Do It for Your Lover [GOOD, gulty pleasure]
22 The Vamps feat. Maggie Lindemann - Personal [ALRIGHT]
23 Charlie Puth - How Long [FAIR]
26 Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony [DIVINE]
28 Dua Lipa - New Rules [GOOD]
29 CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaetón Lento [ALRIGHT]
30 Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back [ADEQUATE]
31 P!nk - What About Us [GOOD]
32 Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki - Just Hold On [ALRIGHT]
34 Jonas Blue feat. William Singe - Mama [ALRIGHT]
36 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry [ADEQUATE]
37 Charlie Puth - Attention [ADEQUATE]
38 Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To the Rhythm [ALRIGHT]
40 Ariana Grande - One Last Time [GREAT]
41 Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don - Instruction [DIVINE]
43 The Vamps & Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night [GOOD]
45 Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me [ADEQUATE]
46 Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do [FAIR]
48 Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane - Fetish [FAIR]
49 Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels - I Miss You [GOOD]
54 Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club [DIVINE]
59 Ed Sheeran - Shape of You [GOOD]
60 Rita Ora - Your Song [GOOD]
68 Harry Styles - Two Ghosts [BRILLIANT]
72 Anne-Marie - Heavy [ALRIGHT]
75 Starley - Call On Me (Ryan Riback Remix) [DIVINE]
76 Declan McKenna - Humongous [BRILLIANT]
77 JP Cooper - September Song [DIVINE]
84 Selena Gomez - Bad Liar [FAIR]
85 Little Mix feat. Stormzy - Power [GOOD]
87 Major Lazer feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj - Run Up [ALRIGHT]
95 Jason Derulo feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla [ADEQUATE, guilty pleasure]
99 Lorde - Green Light [GREAT]
102 RAYE & Mr Eazi - Decline [ADEQUATE] (So this is a 2017 remake of Ja Rule's Always On Time)
105 Rag'n'Bone Man - Skin [OUTSTANDING]
111 Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill [GREAT]
112 Axwell Λ Ingrosso - More Than You Know [ADEQUATE]
116 Miley Cyrus - Malibu [GREAT]
117 Niall Horan - Slow Hands [GOOD]
123 Declan McKenna - Why Do You Feel So Down [GREAT]
130 Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask [DIVINE]
134 Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [GOOD]
139 Snakehips & MØ - Don't Leave [GOOD]
145 Katy Perry feat. Migos - Bon Appétit [GOOD, guilty pleasure]
147 Sean Paul feat. Dua Lipa - No Lie [GREAT]
152 Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves [DIVINE]
156 Tinie Tempah feat. Tinashe - Text from Your Ex [FAIR]
158 Tiësto feat. Bright Sparks - On My Way [ALRIGHT]
160 Dua Lipa - Be the One [DIVINE]
161 David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber - 2U [DIVINE]
162 J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente [ALRIGHT]
166 Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce [ALRIGHT, guilty pleasure]
169 Julia Michaels - Issues [FAIR]
175 DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne - I'm the One [FAIR]
177 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber - Despacito [ADEQUATE]
178 Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? [ALRIGHT]
181 Martin Solveig feat. Ina Wroldsen - Places [DIVINE]
183 Marshmello feat. Khalid - Silence [GREAT]
186 Jax Jones feat. RAYE - You Don't Know Me [DIVINE]
187 The Chainsmokers - Paris [MEH/FAIR]
192 Harry Styles - Kiwi [GREAT]
194 Liam Payne feat. Quavo - Strip That Down [ADEQUATE]
199 ZAYN feat. Sia - Dusk Till Dawn [ALRIGHT]
213 Stormzy feat. MNEK - Blinded By Your Grace, Pt. 2 [OUTSTANDING]
216 ALMA - Chasing Highs [GOOD]
221 Kesha - Learn To Let Go [BRILLIANT]
226 Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin' Me [GOOD]
233 Ed Sheeran - Perfect [ALRIGHT]
234 Rag'n'Bone Man - Human [ [GOLD] ]
236 Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt - Let Me Go [GOOD]
239 Snakehips & Anne-Marie feat. Joey Bada$$ - Either Way [ADEQUATE]
244 Martin Jensen - Solo Dance [DIVINE]
245 Jason Derulo feat. French Montana - Tip Toe [ADEQUATE]
247 Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels [BRILLIANT]

[size=6]Albums

My fave is What Do You Think About The Car

Artists

My fave is Declan McKenna

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 18th February 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #218
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Not a surprising No.1 Joseph, it is a good song and all credit to Harry for doing something so different for his solo debut, he could have easily gone down a safer route for a long-running hit. Lovely write-up too, nice that it means so much to you. Interesting that Declan's album came out in front though, I did quite like that when I listened to it, he definitely has a lot of future potential.

Anywhere is brilliant - great to see that in the top 10 <3 I was never particularly taken by Lonely Together, I think because of the vocal effects. I loved Avicii in 2013 but he hasn't really lived up to that standard for me since.

Great to see FO&O do so well too, Gotta Thing About You is such an undeniable pop banger. Will be interesting to see what Felix brings to the table in Melfest next week.

Good to see we both had Ed, Taylor, Zara and Dua in the top 10 albums. I know the first three have had a lot of stick from some corners but I think they're all very strong. I do think Reputation is quite close in quality to 1989, it's alarming to see her relevance dip so much this time around with that in mind but she and her team have made some mistakes this era which I'm sure they'll learn from.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 18th February 2018, 04:09 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 24th March 2018, 12:13 AM
Post #219
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

In the words of Cher Lloyd, sorry I'm late!!

I always admire your stamina making your EOY threads into something that feels like an event! The effort with the commentaries and presentation! wub.gif

Here are my favourite songs from your Top 100:

1 Harry Styles - Sign of the Times I mean, it's ok x
3 Rita Ora - Anywhere Ahh, the real EOY #1 mistakenly put in third place!!
4 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios
5 Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato - No Promises
7 Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together
8 Kesha - Praying
9 Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals - Back to You
10 Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
12 Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There For You Nowadays you hate him and he'll be lucky to be 212th in your EOY 2018 sad.gif
13 Anton Hagman - Kiss You Goodbye I charted this at #29 but I can't remember how it goes, oops x
14 Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana heart.gif
17 Little Mix - Touch B O P
18 Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
19 Justin Bieber & BloodPop® - Friends
21 Benjamin - Bad Luck Love
22 The Vamps feat. Maggie Lindemann - Personal
23 Charlie Puth - How Long
24 Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour is such a f*cking tune. Wtf.
25 Mike Perry, The Vamps & Sabrina Carpenter - Hands
26 Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony
27 Maggie Lindemann - Pretty Girl
28 Dua Lipa - New Rules Underrated tbh x
29 CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaetón Lento
30 Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
31 P!nk - What About Us
32 Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki - Just Hold On
34 Jonas Blue feat. William Singe - Mama
36 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
37 Charlie Puth - Attention
38 Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To the Rhythm
40 Ariana Grande - One Last Time
41 Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don - Instruction
43 The Vamps & Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night
45 Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
46 Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
47 In Real Life - Eyes Closed
48 Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane - Fetish
49 Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels - I Miss You
52 Lady Gaga - The Cure
54 Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
55 Nadine - Go to Work
56 Benjamin Ingrosso - Good Lovin' :benjamin:
59 Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
60 Rita Ora - Your Song
65 Bebe Rexha feat. Lil Wayne - The Way I Are (Dance with Somebody)
68 Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
70 Little Mix feat. Charlie Puth - Oops
71 Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
72 Anne-Marie - Heavy
74 JoJo feat. Remy Ma - FAB.
75 Starley - Call On Me (Ryan Riback Remix)
77 JP Cooper - September Song
81 Zak Abel - Unstable
82 PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
83 Zara Larsson - I Would Like
84 Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
85 Little Mix feat. Stormzy - Power
87 Major Lazer feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj - Run Up
89 PRETTYMUCH - Open Arms
95 Jason Derulo feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
99 Lorde - Green Light
100 Enrique Iglesias feat. Sean Paul & Matt Terry - SÚBEME LA RADIO

My fave album in your Top 10 is Dua Lipa, followed by Demi. wub.gif

I see Nadine was robbed of her rightful place in your Top 10 artists, are you even a fan tbh x

Overall - incredible. wub.gif Roll on your EOY 2018... I'll endeavour to participate far more!

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:09 PM