BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> République d'Áskorza \\ National Thread // v3.0, Ummm so we kinda accidentally won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Nov 26 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Fejderand République d'Áskorza - Fontrín l'Natio
(Federal Republic of Ashton - The National Thread)

Constituent country of: Køngriech d'Áskorza (Ashtonise Kingdom), Buzzjack Broadcasting Union, Buzzjack Union (FSR Rontvia, Kopečka and Numayania) and the United Kingdoms of Tinnmark and Ashton.

Original world map

Updated world map

General Stats and information

Official Short Names: Rép. d'Áskorza; Rd'Á; Rép d'Ákz
Demonym: Áskorzjan
Languages: Áskorzajn [Ashtonise], Norsk [Norwegian], English, Svenska [Swedish] & Deutsch [German]
Currency: The Ashlar (1 Ashlar is made up of 100 Ashents)
Population: 1,585bn
Proportion of Country by origin: 97% Áskorzjan, 1.2% Tinnorskjån, 0.8% Rontvian, 0.4% Numayanian, 0.6% Other
Urban/Rural: 89%/11%
States: Arkepelicania d'Saynher Janslic (Fotherington Island and surrounding Ashtonise Kingdom owned Islands) - 115m, Sanvoria (West Ashton) - 400m, Reigia d'Áskorza Capitilia (Ashton Capital Territory, Southern Coast) - 100m, Sørenthíjå (North East Ashton) - 95m, Cairndale (North West Ashton) - 300m, Ashworth (SE Ashton) - 250m, Nátriyzen (Central Ashton) - 325m
State Capitals: Mon Triejn - Ad'SJ, Sjan Tivor - San, Morpeth Cove - Rd'ÁC, Néú Oslo - Sør, Holdsvale - C, Santryan - A, Sjan Montrié - N
Cities with population in excess of 50m: Morpeth Cove [Rd'ÁC], Sjan Tivor [San], New England Harbour [C], Sjan Montrié [N], Holdsvale [C], Trén Sania [San], Gjar'thern [N], Üpsånlaw [Sør], Santryan [A], Sjan Hiveja [San], Cöve d'Neosa [N], Torpington [C]
Style of Government: Presidential limited democracy
Federal Level Government: Governa République d'Áskorza
Head of State/Head of BJSC Selection Committee/Head of BJSC Voting Committee: Silas Áskorza
Ceremonial Queen of Køngriech d'Áskorza and the United Kingdoms of Tinnmark and Ashton: Tone Damli Aaberge
BJSC National Broadcaster: Ashton Media Corporation [I - XII], Southern Cross Broadcasting [MGPÁ-GF], Santi Natio Áskorza [XIII - Present]
BJSC National Governing Body: Áskorza Selekti'yn Commití [Ashton Selection Committee]
Current BJSC Name: République d'Áskorza (CIII-)
Former BJSC Names: Fotherington Islands (I-II), [République d'/Republikken/Federal Republic of] Ashton (III-CII)

History of the Fejderand République d'Áskorza

The earliest recorded settlement of the western coast of Quilvoria was in 13,010BC. The early settlement thought to be from Eastern Europe thrived in the area known today as Ashworth, they ruled an area half the size of the current state for 10,000 years. The early nation [also known then as Áskorza] split into mutliple factions upon the murder of the then emperor in 256 BC. The murdered emperor's family and supporters fled west over the Sea of Ashton to settle in modern-day Sanvoria, founding Morpeth Cove as their new main settlement, the Áskorza faction thrived on Orchadia and returned to strength with Morpeth Cove remaining continuously populated until this date. The remaining original territory of Áskorza, now known as the Confederation of Ástén, descended into chaos as the factions fought over land in the east of modern-day Ashton by 28AD the 92 factions [Confederated states] were in financial ruin and chaos, Áskorza made their move back across the water to a mysterious uninhabited island close to Ástén and set up a secondary settlement. As Áskorza rebuilt, increasing not only in population but wealth, thanks to the emperor's families links with Europe and Asia, they built an unrivaled army and Emperor Tivor set out a goal to unite Áskorza once more under the Áskorza name. Project Ashton was born. Confederation of Ástén splintered into three independent states in 986AD - Ástén, Dantreki and Janiti. Áskorza's power and influence on the emerging international stage grew and in 1285 the Great North War broke out that saw Dantreki defeated and the land become part of Áskorza and Ástén, returning Áskorza to the Quilvorian mainland for the first time since 255 BC. The two great powers lived side by side in peace until Ástén laid claim over some former Dantreki land in 1602. The ensuing Hivejan War is Buzzjack's deadliest. 8 million people perished in the 63year conflict, in 1663 the Áskorzjan forces reached the Ástén capital Santryan and two years later Operation DanKorza saw the execution of the Ásténise president and Ástén fell. 1892 saw Botanikka and Áskorza go to war over the Fontrajn island teritory for the first time, which was officially named Saynher Janslic in 1509. The internal border on the island moved over the years and in 2003 an Áskorzjan faction won independence for half the island after 30years of Botanikkan whole island rule. Saynher Janslic entered BJSC under their english title Fotherington Islands in 2007, shortly after which the island was officially re-entered into Áskorza as a federal state. A referendum of Islanders over mainland reunification returned a 98.12% Yes vote. Áskorza still claims the entirety of the island and shortly after Saynher Janslic's independence, Áskorzjan troops invaded the remaining Botanikkian administered territory to reclaim Áskorza's rightful territory - the reclamation is pending international recognition and A.O.B.I.T has special legal status until it can be reabsorbed fully into Saynher Janslic. In 2008 Janiti became part of Áskorza after a slow and painstaking but mostly bloodless process. Áskorzjan forces cut vital supply routes and the rebel faction was cut off by the international world after Áskorza leaked documents showing it's terrorism and rebel links in 2001, Federal troops slowly moved into the country in 2003 and by 2006 had control of 85% of the nation. The remainder fell just 18months later. The new federal state of Sørenthíjå [Janiti] is undergoing a rebuilding process after years of neglect and to bring infrastructure up to Áskorzjan standards, this was completed in 2019. Modern Day Áskorza is more commonly known by it's english name, Ashton. Áskorza ranks highly in the standard of living scales, it's the top in the world for Education, Healthcare and Overall Standard Of Living. Áskorza is the largest country by population and economically in Buzzjack. The highly developed nation primarily lives in urban areas with Áskorza having the highest population density in Buzzjack. Local Public Transport is free to citizens, with only intercity and interregional trains requiring payment. Tourists and non-citizens are required to pay, but the average day ticket costs just 1 Ashlar. All major sign posts, legal notices and security notices are displayed in Áskorzajn, English and the local minority language throughout the country (Swedish in Ashworth, Norwegian in Sørenthíjå, German in Rd'ÁC and Sanvoria). The Áskorza family is still in power and the country has undergone major reforms under Emperor Silas including a move to limited democracy and opening up of various industries to competition. Federal Law still dictates that all major companies are at least 49% State owned, Broadcasters are 65% State owned [SNÁ and AMC are 100% State owned] and transport companies are 75% state owned [Qantash, AshRail and most local transit companies are 100% state owned, most are 95-99% state owned].

In 2009 Ashton completed the Land Reclamation Project between the countries two halves over the Sea of Ashton incorporating thousands of islands into mainland Áskorza. In 2020, Ashton formally changed the name which it enters BJSC to République d'Áskorza having used the hybrid Áskorzajn/English name République d'Ashton for a number of years.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Nov 26 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
History of the Federal Republic of Ashton in the Buzzjack Song Contest

(The Federal Republic of Ashton entered BSJC I and II as The Fotherington Islands (Saynher Janslic) which was reunified with Ashton during the second contest. The nation competed as Ashton from the third contest on)

I // 8th \\ Sugababes - Push The Button
II // 21st \\ Laura Critchley - What Do We Do
III // 16th \\ Mutya Buena - Addiction
IV // =9th \\ Dragonette - True Believer
V // =4th \\ Sugababes - Hole In The Head (Live) [SF1 TBO BJSC I-X (DNQ)]
VI // 2nd \\ Lily Allen - I Don't Know (a.k.a The Fear) [SF1 TBO BJSC I-X (DNQ)]
VII // 14th \\ Red Blooded Women - Colour Me Dirty
VIII // 7th \\ Gabriella Cilmi - Got No Place To Go
IX // 9th \\ Amy MacDonald - Barrowland Ballroom
X // DNQ \\ Sugababes - Never Gonna Dance Again [5th TBO:Rejects I-X]

XI // 8th \\ Gabriella Cilmi - Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now
XII // 20th \\ Red Blooded Women - You Made Your Bed
XIII // 16th \\ Lorelei Carlson - Alone
XIV // 17th \\ Lily Allen - Back To The Start
XV // 23rd \\ Haffi Haff - Give Me Sexy
XVI // 5th \\ Alex Roots - Don't Stop Looking
XVII // DNQ \\ Nevio and Gabriella Cilmi - Non Ti Aspettavo (Libertà) [12th TBO:Rejects XI-XX]
XVIII // 18th \\ Delta Goodrem - Electric Storm
XIX // 23rd \\ Cinderella Theory - IN2U
XX // 4th \\ Tone Damli Aaberge - Butterflies [9th TBO XI-XX]

XXI // 22nd \\ Sugababes - Whatever Makes You Happy
XXII // DNQ \\ Untouched - Feed Me To The Boys
XXIII // DNQ \\ Sidney Samson feat Wizard Sleeve - Riverside [Let's Go] Dirty Extended Remix
XXIV // DNQ \\ Kristiina Brask - Kuivilla Susta [7th TBO:Rejects XXI-XXX]
XXV // DNQ \\ Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Turn The Lights On [6th TBO:Rejects XXI-XXX]
XXVI // 31st \\ Ricard Vission, Static Revenger & Luciana - I Like That [SF4 TBO XXI-XXX (DNQ)]
XXVII // 16th \\ Gabrielle Aplin - The Liar And The Lighter
XXVIII // 1st \\ Molly Sandén - Mitt Liv Är Mitt [25th TBO XXI-XXX] [23rd WYRMT?]
XXIX // 9th \\ Christina Rus - I Don't See Ya [SF1 TBO XXI-XXX (DNQ)]
XXX // 4th \\ Jessica Mauboy - Forget Your Name [SF2 TBO XXI-XXX (DNQ)]

XXXI // 4th \\ Karamel - Underwear [24th TBO XXXI - XL]
XXXII // 11th \\ Anniela - My Confession
XXXIII // 8th \\ Molly Sandén - Det Är Inte Jag
XXXIV // 17th \\ Stan Walker - Loud
XXXV // 5th \\ Kristine Elezaj - Warpath
XXXVI // 21st \\ The DNC feat. Miss Amani - Electric
XXXVII // 2nd \\ Veronica Maggio - Jag Kommer [SF1 TBO XXXI-XL (DNQ)]
XXXVIII // 17th \\ Morten Breum feat. Sissie Marie - Every Time (You Look At Me)
XXXIX // DNQ \\ Apple Trees & Tangerines - Can You Save Me? [8th TBO:Rejects XXXI-XL]
XL // 15th \\ Stan Walker & Static Revenger - Light It Up

XLI // 2nd \\ Tone Damli Aaberge - Look Back [14th TBO XLI-L]
XLII // 2nd \\ Elen Levon - Like A Girl In Love [SF1 TBO XLI-L (DNQ)]
XLIII // 11th \\ Nause - Mellow
XLIV // 25th \\ Nina Nesbit - Apple Tree
XLV // DNQ \\ Linda Sundblad - Trasig
XLVI // 4th \\ Siobhan Donaghy - Medevac
XLVII // DNQ \\ Emma - Cercavo Amore
XLVIII // DNQ \\ Inna Modja - La Fille Du Lido
XLIX // 7th \\ Gabrielle Aplin – Please Don’t Say You Love Me [25th TBO XLI-L]
L // 28th \\ Sugababes; William Orbit - Spiral

LI // DNQ \\ Thomas Fiss - Chasing Satellites
LII // 3rd \\ Tone Damli Aaberge - Smash [13th SF1 TBO LI-LX]
LIII // 12th \\ ZZ Ward - Put The Gun Down
LIV // 7th \\ M Pokora & Tal - Envole Moi [19th TBO LI-LX]
LV // 13th \\ Luciana - U B The Bass
LVI // DNQ \\ Vali - Light The Sky [DNQ TBO:Rejects LI-LX SF1]
LVII // 3rd \\ Little Nikki - Little Nikki Says [DNQ SF2 TBO LI-LX]
LVIII // 26th \\ Sara Bareilles - Gonna Get Over You
LIX // DNQ \\ Hunter Parrish - Sitting At Home [DNQ TBO:Rejects LI-LX SF2]
LX // 15th \\ Tooji - Rebels

LXI // 17th \\ Jenni Vartiainen - Junat Ja Naiset
LXII // 25th \\ Line - Os To
LXIII // DNQ \\ ВИА Гра - Перемирие (Via Gra - Peremyrye)
LXIV // 31st \\ Björnskov - Vi Er Helte
LXV // 18th \\ Albin feat Kirstin Amparo - Din Soldat
LXVI // DNQ \\ Tommy Fredvang - Kom Igjen
LXVII // DNQ \\ Burhan G - Din For Evigt
LXVIII // DNQ \\ Paw&Lina - Her Er Paw&Lina
LXIX // 26th \\ Robin feat Nikke Ankara - Parasta Just Nyt
LXX // DNQ \\ Donatan & Cleo - Brać (feat. Enej)

LXXI // DNQ \\ The Boom Boom - Creature
LXXII // 13th \\ Ida - Maybe I Like It
LXXIII // 24th \\ Kato, Safri Duo & Bjørnskov - Dimitto (Let Go)
LXXIV // 26th \\ Midnight Red - Hell Yeah
LXXV // DNQ \\ Daphne & Celeste - You And I Alone
LXXVI // 38th \\ ROMANS - Uh Huh
LXXVII // 21st \\ IRIS - I'll Wait For You
LXXVIII // DNQ \\ Moriah Peters - Don't Want To Live For Me
LXXIX // 32nd \\ Gabrielle - 5 Fine Frøkner [24th SF2 TBO LXXI-LXXX]
LXXX // 40th \\ Emil Berg - Du Swipa Höger

LXXXI // 37th \\ Us The Duo - Slow Down Time
LXXXII // 25th \\ KITTY - Reach No Higher
LXXXIII // DNQ \\ Ella Sanoo - Leave This Town
LXXXIV // 28th \\ Evelina ft. Mikael Gabriel - Honey
LXXXV // 17th \\ Madison Beer ft. Jack and Jack - All For Love
LXXXVI // 36th \\ Jana Kramer - I Hope It Rains
LXXXVII // DNQ \\ Walking On Cars - Speeding Cars
LXXXVIII // 26th \\ Lisa Ajax - Give Me That
LXXXIX // 39th \\ Coco Morier - Dreamer
XC // 33rd \\ Brooke Candy - Happy Days

XCI // 14th \\ Sabina Ddumba - Not Too Young
XCII // 8th \\ Tone Damli - Pinnacle
XCIII // =29th \\ Bec Sandridge - You're A Fúcking Joke
XCIV // DNQ \\ Tessa Violet - Sorry I'm Not Sorry
XCV // 40th \\ Karpe Diem feat Izabell, Bendik, Stella Mwangi, Silvana Imam, Julie Bergan & Christine Dancke – Attitudeproblem (P3 Remix)
XCVI // 7th \\ Dagny - Wearing Nothing
XCVII // 7th \\ Dragonette - Darth Vader
XCVIII // DNQ \\ Molly Sandén - Rygg Mot Rygg
IXC // DNQ \\ Gabrielle - Nattergal
C // 36th \\ Mutya Keisha Siobhan/Sugababes - I'm Alright

CI // 1st \\ Alvaro Soler - Sofia
CII // 4th \\ Wunderwelt - Freiheit = Gold (Hey Boy!)
CIII // 8th \\ Luca Hänni - Powder
CIV // DNQ \\ Alex Mayer - Wenn Alles Schläft
CV // 22nd \\ Natalia Nykiel - Kokosanki
CVI // DNQ \\ Parallel feat Cassandra Stein - Eine Sprache
CVII // 20th \\ Nova Miller - Turn Up The Fire
CVIII // DNQ \\ Luca Hänni - Signs
CIX // 30th \\ Nico Santos - Safe
CX // 36th \\ Namika - Je Ne Parle Pas Francais

CXI // DNQ \\ Zazoo - Spinnin' Round (Wap Bap)
CXII // DNQ \\ Vanessa Mdee - That's For Me ft. DISTRUCTION BOYZ, DJ Tira, Prince Bulo & Rude Boiz
CXIII // DNQ \\ Laing - Du Bist Dir Nicht Mehr Sicher
CXIV // 26th \\ Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Only You
CXV // DNQ \\ Elley Duhé - Fever
CXVI // 29th \\ Lotte - Schau Mich Nicht So An
CXVII // DNQ \\ OK KID - Lügenhits
CXVIII // 20th \\ Lena X Nico Santos - Better
CXIX // 22nd \\ Starley - Lovers + Strangers
CXX // 28th \\ Incognet - Back For

CXXI // 36th \\ Nico Santos - Play With Fire
CXXII // 24th \\ Manuel Riva - What Mama Said (feat. Misha Miller)
CXXIII // 38th \\ Tim Bendzko - Hoch
CXXIV // DNQ \\ Alina - Berlin
CXXV // DNQ \\ Clueso - Sag Mir Was Du Willst
CXXVI // 35th \\ Feed The Biirds - So I Go
CXXVII // DNQ \\ Ziynet Sali - Sanane Be
CXXVIII // 20th \\ Lotte - Mehr Davon
CXXIX // 39th \\ Joyce Jonathan - On
CXXX // DNQ \\ Rea Garvey & VIZE - The One

CXXXI // 36th \\ FLX - Different
CXXXII // DNQ \\ Cleo – Number One (feat. Weronika Juszczak)
CXXXIII // 8th \\ Leony - Faded Love
CXXXIV // DNQ \\ Jan-Maten Block - Never Not Try
CXXXV // DNQ \\ Apache 207 - Roller
CXXXVI // 5th \\ Minelli - Rampampam
CXXXVII // DNQ \\ Sofía Martín, le Shuuk - Tóxica
CXXXVIII // 23rd \\ Olivia Holt - Next
CXXXIX // 17th \\ Tiscore - Where The Roses Grow
CXL // 38th \\ ELASI - Valanghe

CXLI // 14th \\ Kungs - Lipstick
CXLII // 32nd \\ Nina Chuba - Average
CXLIII // 14th \\ twocolors - Feel It 2 (Feat. Georgie Keller)
CXLIV // 39th \\ David Puentez - Call You Mine (Feat. Nina Chuba)
CXLV // 25th \\ Jessica Mauboy - Automatic
CXLVI // 25th \\ BVNDIT - VENOM
CXLVII // 27th \\ Devon Cole - W.I.T.C.H.
CXLVIII // 14th \\ Erika Vikman - Kateus
CXLIX // DNQ \\ Zolita – 20 Questions
CL // 39th \\ Nina Chuba x Chapo102 - Ich hass dich

CLI // 24th \\ Miss Grit - Follow The Cyborg
CLII // 20th \\ Neea River - All The Way
CLIII // 24th \\ Eva Timush - Tattoo
CLIV // 18th \\ Sasha Lopez & Ester Peony - Tatoué
CLV // 10th \\ Chinchilla - Little Girl Gone
CLVI // -- \\
CLVII // -- \\
CLVIII // -- \\
CLIX // -- \\
CLX // -- \\

Main Contests Hosted:

Buzzjack Unknown Song Contest XXIX // Final - Morpeth Cove, Rd'ÁC (One Big Final Contest)
Buzzjack Song Contest CII // Semi-Finals & Final - Estadjo Áskorza, Morpeth Cove, Rd'ÁC

Selected other entries:

BJFEST I // DNQ \\ Jessica Mauboy - Burn
BJFEST II // 4th \\ Linda Sundblad - Hur Kan Jag Sakna Nåt Jag Aldrig Haft
BJFEST III // 6th \\ Kliff - Maija
BJFEST IV // 6th \\ Kid Sister - Big N Bad
BJFEST V // DNQ \\ Kiol - Broken Up Again
BJFEST VI // 4th \\ Luca Hänni - Durch Die Nacht

Spin Off #10's // 8th \\ Sugababes - Too Lost In You
Spin Off Foreign Language // 9th \\ Molly Sandén - Kärlek
Christmas Special // 9th \\ Sugababes; Jools Holland - White Christmas (Live)

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 21 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Updated the history and moved it into a separate post happy.gif

Ashton will be entering a Kiwi to the 51st contest.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 22 2013, 05:04 AM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
*Inset picture of a Kiwi fruit here*

Well, it's already better than some of your entries.
Reason for edit: Removed double-decker bus sized photo to stop page stretching

+Quote this post
152chris
post Jan 22 2013, 08:26 AM
Post #5
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
best ever.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 31 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton is Chasing Satellites in Numayania!

The Federal Republic of Ashton has been confirmed as entering Thomas Fiss, a New Zealand national, with the song Chasing Satellites to the 51st Buzzjack Song Contest in neighbouring Numayania. The entry is the first entered under the countries new moniker 'Ashton, The Federal Republic of' and under it's new entry strategy RFTW2.0. The second generation of Risks FTW has been tasked with reducing the nations instances of artist recycling and further promoting emerging and unsigned talent. Thomas becomes the second Kiwi to represent the nation after months of searching revealed two promising entries from the ANZ region. The second is still a state secret ahead of the 52nd contest.

Thomas Fiss - Chasing Satellites

Emperor Silas Áskorza had this to say: " I am delighted today to announce that Thomas Fiss will be representing us in our 51st outing. I believe his wonderfully catchy pop track is the perfect catalyst to usher in a new era in Ashtonise BJSC participation alongside the upgrading of our successful Risks FTW strategy. Our recent results have slipped from our post format change run of success but we remain hopeful that this is not a repeat of the dark early days of the Risks FTW strategy. We are most looking forward to celebrating our 50th contest under the name 'Ashton' in two months time."

Source: AshtonTimes.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 13 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
RFTW 2.0 falls at the first fence as Chasing Satellites stalls in the Semi's

Thomas Fiss has failed to make the final of the Fifty First Buzzjack Song Contest in neighbouring Numayania kicking off Ashton's new flagship entry policy in the worst possible way. The ASC and SNÁ are reported to be unamused but determined to continue with it's renewed strategy. One ASC staffer was quoted as saying "If Ashton was purely driven by results and the need to succeed then the country would have long ago changed to sending more indie tinged entries to appeal to the new make up of the contest. Ashton however is a country that refuses to pander and will continue to send songs that best represent the nation's tastes by sending up and coming artists and newcomers that have made a big impression on the Ashtonise charts."

SNÁ|1 has confirmed that the final of LI has been pushed to the 3am slot in favour of the season 2 premiere of hit US drama, Suits. The show will be shown live on Numayanian TV within Ashton on Cable and Satellite TV for those who have the basic package of either. Digital TV viewers in the Ashmayanian border region will be able to watch live by retuning their TV's to pick up the Numayanian digital TV signal.

Source: Ashton Times.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 21 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton to preview contenders for LII

The ASC and SNÁ have officially announced that they will be previewing their fifty second entry to the Buzzjack Song Contest in their national thread tomorrow! The notoriously secretive Federal Republic will be providing a complete and transparent view of their selection policy. It is thought that the nation will preview three songs in contention for the Ashtonise spot for international reviews.

Source: Ashton Media Report.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 12 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Queen of Soon
It's Tone Damli for Ashton!!!

Queen Tone Damli Aaberge of Tinnmark and Ashton is returning to BJSC for the 5th time with her latest Smash hit 'Smash'!!! Following in the footsteps of 'I Know', 'Butterflies' (4th for Ashton), 'I Love You' and 'Look Back' (2nd for Ashton in XLI) the Ashtonise chart #1 is aiming to help reboot the nations fortunes in BJSC.

An ASC/SNÁ insider has told us that Smash is the first in a long line of truly fantastic entries that not only represent the best of Ashton but honours the nations past and looks to the future. We here at the Ashton Times aren't entirely sure what that means but we are praying for the amazing quality of entries post-Riverside with the results of the last Scandi-era...

Fresh from competing in Melodifestivalen with the sublime 'Hello Goodbye', Tone is reported to be thrilled to have more work to dive into following her split from the troll. 'Hello Goodbye' by Erik Segerstedt and Tone Damli Aaberge will be released onto AshTunes this Sunday with the CD single following on Monday. It is expected to knock Smash off it's #1 spot.

Tone Damli Aaberge - Smash

Source:Ashton Times Online.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 19 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Tone Smashes her way into the BJSC LII Final!!!

Queen Tone Damli Aaberge has officially qualified for the 52nd final of the Buzzjack contest! Smash becomes Tone Damli's 4th entry to make the finals with only I Know failing to qualify in BJSC XV. Tone will sing 24th in the final.

We'll have analysis, reaction and more news following the conclusion of the results.

Source: SNÁ|News

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 26 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Third for Ashton!!!!

The SNÁ and ASC are over-joyed to confirm that Ashton has finished 3rd in the 52nd Buzzjack Song Contest with Queen Tone Damli Aaberge's wonderful Smash! This gives Tone Damli a 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finish for the nation! It also allows Ashton to finally be crowned as the third nation to have finished at every spot in the top 5. It's a month of thirds for Ashton! The 3rd place is Ashton's highest finish since Tone and Elen scored back to back 2nd place's for the nation last year.

Listen to Ashton's top 3 SMASH here:

Source: SNÁ/ASC joint press release.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 28 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton's Official BJSC LIII Candidates

Following Ashton's 'Smash' 3rd place hit with Queen Tone Damli and her latest #1 Ashtonise hit 'Smash' the ASC and national broadcaster SNÁ, Santi Natio Áskorza (Ashton National Television), have elected to present options for international reaction. Current Ashtonise #1, Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Lay Down In Swimming Pools, was ruled out by the ASC on veto grounds after a public campaign for the act to represent the nation for Ashton's 50th contest as a reformed nation.

The reunification of the Fotherington Islands and the then nation of Ashton took place during the second contest and took full effect for the third BJSC in which former Queen Mutya Buena represented the nation.

The official candidates are:

Dragonette - Run, Run, Run

Under contract to reappear for Ashton after taking Ashton to 9th in BJSC IV, with the beautiful 'True Believer', the ASC has been waiting for a track that has the same understated beauty as True Believer to once again represent the nation. Run, Run, Run is this weeks #3 on the AshChart.

Emma Louise - Boy

A dark melodic track from Australian Emma Louise isn't a million miles away from the nations Singer-Songwriter roots, first demonstrated in BJSC II with Laura Critchley. The laid back track has so far peaked at #5 on the AshChart.

Luciana - U B The Bass

A storming dance track from the Queen of Clubs and former Ashtonise entrant Luciana is our third option! Widely credited throughout Ashton and Buzzjack as the turning point for Ashton in BJSC, I Like That was a long running #1 single that ended up #3 on the countries year end chart. U B The Bass is her latest club smash storming to #1 on the ACC (AshClubChart) and is in it's fourth week top 10 at #5.

AshChart W/C March 25th

01\\ Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Lay Down In Swimming Pools
02 \\ Tone Damli - Smash
03 \\ Dragonette - Run, Run, Run
04 \\ Erik Segerstedt & Tone Damli - Hello Goodbye
05 \\ Luciana - U B The Bass
06 \\ Emma Louise - Boy
07 \\ Zara Larsson - Uncover
08 \\ NOAH - Over Byen
09 \\ Verona - Fallin' In Love
10 \\ Delta Goodrem - Child Of The Universe

Any and all assistance is most appreciated by the Federal Republic of Ashton, Governa Republique d'Áskorza, Santi Natio Áskorza and the Ashton Selection Committee.

Source: AshtonTimes - International Edition

+Quote this post
Brer
post Mar 28 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Anything but Dragonette please.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 28 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Not Dragonette again PLEASE. sad.gif It's been only a year. First of all, it's way too soon to revive that NIGHTMARE, second of all so cheap omg ohmy.gif

L's in BJSC: Ashton going CHEAP AS SHIT <3

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 28 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ignore Dragonette, I have to make up numbers somehow.

I'm sticking to the letter of my rules by dressing up the track(s) I'm considering with another track(s) that is/are great but are not in the running.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post Mar 28 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #16
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972
Oh Luciana all the way. Amazing song if you do send it!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 28 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I think Luciana is the best out of those, but I'm not entirely convinced by any of them. sad.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 28 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Definitely not Dragonette. Boy is good but not amazing, the Luciana track is wub.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 28 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Thanks guys! Luciana has been leading a dance revival for me since I Like That.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 14 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Queen of Soon
ZZ Ward for Ashton!

American ZZ Ward, born Zsuszsanna Eva Ward, hails from the state of Pennsylvania and has been selected as the Ashtonise entry for BJSC LIII! The infectious 'Put Your Gun Down' has entered at #5 on this weeks AshChart, the chart itself is making it's public debut this week. The 26 year old is signed to the same label as Selena Gomez, Bridget Mendler and Demi Lovato yet sounds far removed from the bubblegum pop that is Hollywood Records usual sound.

The soulful track has been drawn in Semi-Final 1.

Source: Ashton Times.

+Quote this post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:11 PM