BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riser's End of Decade 2010-2019, ALL DONE!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post 1st June 2020, 05:40 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

This has been my pandemic project and it's about time to start posting it while I still have the extra free time! Here's 50 songs to start us off, I doubt this countdown will move quickly but it WILL be finished before EOY season starts. Comments are welcome!

150. Bruno Mars “It Will Rain”
149. Kygo & Whitney Houston “Higher Love”
148. Miley Cyrus “Mother’s Daughter”
147. Lorde “Team”
146. Adele “Water Under The Bridge”
145. Walk The Moon “One Foot”
144. Haim “Don’t Save Me”
143. Haim “If I Could Change Your Mind”
142. Gotye & Kimbra “Somebody That I Used To Know”
141. Solange “Losing You”

I'm surprised to say this is the highest Haim will appear, they're one of my absolute faves but more for their albums as a whole than any particular songs. Lorde and Adele have more to come; Bruno and Miley do not.

140. Shinedown “Unity”
139. Fetty Wap feat. Remy Boyz “679”
138. Lana Del Rey “Born To Die”
137. Pitbull feat. John Ryan “Fireball”
136. Lana Del Rey “Blue Jeans”
135. JoJo “Disaster”
134. Lifehouse feat. Natasha Bedingfield “Between The Raindrops”
133. Thomas Rhett “Crash And Burn”
132. Eric Church “Springsteen”
131. Cam “Burning House”

Fetty Wap and I are birthday buddies and "679" was named after his date of birth, so ever since finding that out it's been my official birthday song *.* Pitbull is another fave that won't make the top 100 except for one feature. Even Natasha Bedingfield has another song to come, what could it be!?

130. Halsey “Bad At Love”
129. Pitbull feat. TJR “Don’t Stop The Party”
128. Maroon 5 “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt Like A Motherf**ker”
127. Kelly Clarkson “Catch My Breath”
126. Twenty One Pilots “Ride”
125. Adele “When We Were Young”
124. Keri Hilson “I Like”
123. Little Big Town “Better Man”
122. Katy Perry feat. Migos “Bon Appetit”
121. Drake feat. Rihanna “Take Care”

Twenty One Pilots make it two bands with Ohio representation, the first being Walk The Moon. The Black Keys just miss out, sadly. Kelly Clarkson marks her only appearance here while several others will have more. Justice very much needed for this Maroon 5 song, who's with me?

120. Juice Wrld “Lucid Dreams”
119. Alice Merton “No Roots”
118. Miranda Lambert “Heart Like Mine”
117. Robyn “Call Your Girlfriend”
116. Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla “One Dance”
115. Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney “FourFiveSeconds”
114. Emeli Sande “Heaven”
113. Paramore “Still Into You”
112. Imagine Dragons “Demons”
111. Mike Posner “Cooler Than Me”

Emeli Sande and Paramore will each have one more song, while Rihanna and Imagine Dragons will have plenty more. If I could've fit one more from Robyn and Mike Posner it'd be "Dancing On My Own" and "Please Don't Go" respectively.

110. Charli XCX “Boom Clap”
109. Lauren Alaina “Road Less Traveled”
108. Carly Rae Jepsen “Call Me Maybe”
107. Magic! “No Way No”
106. Becky G “Lovin’ So Hard”
105. Adele “Someone Like You”
104. Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX “Fancy”
103. LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock “Party Rock Anthem”
102. Nicki Minaj “Super Bass”
101. The Rumour Said Fire “Balcony”

I can't recommend the Magic! and Becky G songs highly enough, every bit as good as their own actual hit. Some major classics there from #105 to #102, and even #101 was a number-one hit in Denmark!

And here's a Spotify playlist for good measure, just ignore that it's not quite in order and there's a song missing Edit: going to move this further down the page because it has spoilers magic.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 1st June 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hi Riser!
Here are the songs that I like from your first 50 songs:
147. Lorde “Team”
139. Fetty Wap feat. Remy Boyz “679”
131. Cam “Burning House”
121. Drake feat. Rihanna “Take Care”
Great list!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th June 2020, 01:27 AM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Hi Jord *.* Here's a selection of my faves x

147. Lorde “Team”
146. Adele “Water Under The Bridge” Adele.

135. JoJo “Disaster” wub.gif wub.gif I adore this!! It was done so dirty sad.gif
131. Cam “Burning House”

127. Kelly Clarkson “Catch My Breath”
122. Katy Perry feat. Migos “Bon Appetit”
120. Juice Wrld “Lucid Dreams”
112. Imagine Dragons “Demons” Possibly the only Imagine Dragons song I actually like ph34r.gif
106. Becky G “Lovin’ So Hard”
105. Adele “Someone Like You” Adele.
104. Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX “Fancy” wub.gif

Superb stuff wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th June 2020, 01:58 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Better Man and Road Less Travelled heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

The former is one of Taylor's best written songs and LBT pull it off and the latter is such a major country bop *.*

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 6th June 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Highlights from that section!

119. Alice Merton “No Roots” Loved this! Such a shame it didn't go Top 40 but a brilliant tune
116. Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla “One Dance” Absolutely not.
109. Lauren Alaina “Road Less Traveled” I remember you sending this to BJSC - a really great country track
103. LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock “Party Rock Anthem” This was my favourite song back in 2011 *.* Glad it's in here for you as well

Loking forward to finding out what's in your Top 100!

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 7th June 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

Hey Jordan!

Here are my faves from your 150-101 section:

147. Lorde “Team”
141. Solange “Losing You”

I'm surprised to say this is the highest Haim will appear, they're one of my absolute faves but more for their albums as a whole than any particular songs. Lorde and Adele have more to come; Bruno and Miley do not.
A pity this is the highest Haim will appear and I think I'm the opposite - I like them more for their individual singles rather than either of their albums as a whole! 'Don't Save Me' and 'Falling' are my absolute faves wub.gif interesting that out of all of Bruno Mars' songs, 'It Will Rain' is your favourite ohmy.gif I do like it but there are a few songs I'd have picked over that.

Fetty Wap and I are birthday buddies and "679" was named after his date of birth, so ever since finding that out it's been my official birthday song *.* Pitbull is another fave that won't make the top 100 except for one feature. Even Natasha Bedingfield has another song to come, what could it be!?

Oh dear, I don't really seem to be feeling that section laugh.gif

128. Maroon 5 “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt Like A Motherf**ker”

Twenty One Pilots make it two bands with Ohio representation, the first being Walk The Moon. The Black Keys just miss out, sadly. Kelly Clarkson marks her only appearance here while several others will have more. Justice very much needed for this Maroon 5 song, who's with me?
'Ride' is easily one of TOP's best songs, and yes I'm definitely with you on Maroon 5, that song deserves more love!

117. Robyn “Call Your Girlfriend”

Emeli Sande and Paramore will each have one more song, while Rihanna and Imagine Dragons will have plenty more. If I could've fit one more from Robyn and Mike Posner it'd be "Dancing On My Own" and "Please Don't Go" respectively.

Ooh this is a particularly strong section - I'd find it hard to choose my favourite from it between Robyn, Paramore, ID and Mike Posner! Awww I'm gutted 'Dancing On My Own' misses out but I do actually prefer 'Call Your Girlfriend' smile.gif

107. Magic! “No Way No”

I can't recommend the Magic! and Becky G songs highly enough, every bit as good as their own actual hit. Some major classics there from #105 to #102, and even #101 was a number-one hit in Denmark!

OMG I'm so with you on 'No Way No', I love that! MAGIC! really should not have been a one hit wonder sad.gif 'One Woman One Man' is my other highlight from their actually-very-good album!

Trying to decide on my favourite from that selection of 50 songs... I think I'm gonna have to go with 'Call Me Maybe' dance.gif I've actually been getting back into Carly Rae Jepsen and re-listening to some of her albums and she's got some absolute gems in her discography! She's super talented, and I wish she had the same level of success as someone like Taylor or Katy.

I look forward to the Top 100!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 16th June 2020, 05:46 AM
Post #7
Group icon

Thanks for the comments! Going to do sections of 10 now with a bit more commentary. I've temporarily suspended the Spotify playlist because I added too many more songs to it which would lead to spoilers, and I don't feel like removing them right now kink.gif It'll come back in the next section. Let's press on!

100. OneRepublic “Feel Again”
This was actually the first single from Native in the US, and even a top 40 hit, albeit a forgotten one now! I really took a liking to it though, and it set the stage for Native to be one of my favorite albums of the decade. You'll see another song from it later!
99. Ariana Grande feat. Zedd “Break Free”
Ariana has the record for the most #1s in my personal chart - the Buzzjack era of it, anyway - and this was the very first! I dare say it has aged outstandingly well.
98. Shawn Mendes “In My Blood”
This was a brilliant surprise from Shawn, showing some fantastic growth and depth as an artist! That's not to say there weren't other gems in his earlier discography, in fact two of those are yet to appear!
97. Florence + The Machine “Queen Of Peace”
The studio version and music video are breathtaking enough, but experiencing this song live, outdoors in the pouring rain, was everything and more DeadBanana.gif
96. Alessia Cara “Scars To Your Beautiful”
It was massive here and I'm still baffled it struggled to chart in the UK! We don't hear much from Alessia these days, but this shows how good her songwriting was at such a young age.
95. Troye Sivan “Youth”
Speaking of younger stars, Troye has impressed me with his talent and I feel he's maintained that consistency ever since. 'Youth' is still the highlight though, as confirmed by Troye's biggest fan on the site, which is me funky.gif
94. Rita Ora “I Will Never Let You Down”
The words "pop perfection" come to mind. Thank goodness we got to hear this before things went south between Rita and Calvin, I'm still dying to hear some of that unreleased music if this gem is any indication of quality!
93. Dierks Bentley “I Hold On”
Since I don't expect anyone to remember this, Dierks has been my favorite artist since 2008, and 'I Hold On' was the lead single from his album Riser, which came out shortly after I joined Buzzjack and was the inspiration for my username! With that in mind I'm a bit surprised it only ranks 93rd!
92. Emeli Sande “Next To Me”
Yes, I was an Emeli Sande fan in anticipation of her album, and this song really wowed me. I was disappointed when it missed the UK #1, but becoming a pretty sizable US hit the following year was a nice consolation!
91. Ellie Goulding “Love Me Like You Do”
I'm not always a fan of Ellie's more commercial output (see 'Burn'), but this soundtrack hit was absolutely undeniable. Hope it becomes a timeless classic to some degree, the buildup to the final chorus is absolutely perfect wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd June 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Only just spotted this countdown ohmy.gif I think 'Break Free' is my favourite from that section! I agree that it's aged well as I'm enjoying it more nowadays than I did at the time. I'd say 'Problem' is the only single from the 'My Everything' era that has aged! Well, 'Bang Bang' too, but yeah - from songs where Ariana was lead.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 30th June 2020, 04:26 AM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 22 2020, 02:17 PM) *
Only just spotted this countdown ohmy.gif I think 'Break Free' is my favourite from that section! I agree that it's aged well as I'm enjoying it more nowadays than I did at the time. I'd say 'Problem' is the only single from the 'My Everything' era that has aged! Well, 'Bang Bang' too, but yeah - from songs where Ariana was lead.
I agree that those are the only two that have aged! Thanks for commenting, Jade biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 30th June 2020, 04:59 AM
Post #10
Group icon

90. Hurts “Wonderful Life”
We definitely don't get songs like this in the chart anymore! I was obsessed with this at the time and only years later found out it's a big Buzzjack fave too. However, I never listened to much else from Hurts beyond the singles from their debut...I'm probably missing out!
89. Sam Smith “How Do You Sleep?”
My 2019 EOY #1 sneaks in here! Obviously it's hard to fit such a recent song with ones I've loved for several years, but hopefully this will feel right over time. I believe it's Sam's only appearance, if I had to pick another it'd be 'Money On My Mind'.
88. Jonas Brothers “Only Human”
And here's the last 2019 song in the countdown, in fact it was my final #1 of the decade! Clearly it has overtaken Sam's song since my EOY finished. 'Only Human' is just outstandingly groovy, glad it was such a hit in the US at least!
87. Tori Kelly “Hollow”
Tori's third single from her debut album Unbreakable Smile, was this stunning ballad. I'm always so drawn to her vocals, the highlight here being a run she does just before the second chorus. She deservedly got to perform this at the 2016 Grammy Awards!
86. Carrie Underwood “Blown Away”
The title track to Carrie's fourth album in 2012, and honestly I don't think she has topped this ever since. I was quite literally blown away kink.gif
85. Jess Glynne “Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself”
Queen of encouragement AND multi-tasking, Jess Glynne gave us an uplifting pep talk and a dance banger at the same time *.* This was the song that cemented my love for her and I hope to never tire of it.
84. Cheryl “Call My Name”
IIRC I was pulling a dreadful all-nighter on finals week when I first heard this on Radio 1, and ended up playing it over and over. Calvin Harris really gave the magic touch here, an insanely good production!
83. American Authors “Believer”
Ironically, the Imagine Dragons copycat 'Best Day Of My Life' would be in my least faves of the decade, but American Authors quickly redeemed themselves with this equally catchy and far less cringeworthy follow-up. I later sent another song of theirs to BJSC!
82. Tori Kelly “Nobody Love”
Another song from Tori's debut album, and this one's uptempo with big horns to match her powerhouse vocals! It's a ridiculous shame she's not an Adele-tier superstar, I truly consider her one of the best singers of my generation.
81. Flo Rida feat. David Guetta “Club Can’t Handle Me”
Does this seem random? Very of-its-time but I think it represents 2010 well, it sounded so much like a #1 to me so I was glad when it got there in the UK! It's Flo Rida's only appearance but David Guetta will have one more.

(The Spotify playlist will keep getting moved to the most recently-posted section in order to avoid spoilers magic.gif)

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd July 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Wonderful Life is a fab song! Didn't recognise the artist/title until I was doing EOY countdowns last year but it broight back a WAVE of nostalgia.

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself was my Mainstream Song of 2015 and my favourite from Jess as well!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th July 2020, 02:59 AM
Post #12
Group icon

80. Skylar Grey “Invisible”
If you'd told me in 2011 that Skylar would never manage a hit of her own I wouldn't have believed you! She seemed so set for success at the time, I believe this was her first proper single and I adored it (despite being very gloomy!) but it didn't connect with the masses and nor did anything else of hers sad.gif
79. Kreayshawn “Gucci Gucci”
Okay so I may eventually regret ranking this so high but hear me out kink.gif With Gucci Gucci being on the verge of novelty, for me to still be bopping to it nine years later is no small miracle. I seem to have overlooked including Rebecca Black - Friday which also remains a massive jam *.*
78. Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners “This Girl”
A rare dance song hitting #1 on my personal chart! This Girl was one highlight of the hella-slow chart year that was 2016, and it was even a top 30 hit in America! Always a treat to see international dance hits doing well here <3
77. Wiz Khalifa “Black And Yellow”
It was absolutely incredible not only to see a Pittsburgh rapper create an anthem for the city, but for it to be a worldwide hit and truly put us on the map! The timing could not have been more perfect when the Steelers made the Super Bowl that year which sent the song to #1 on the Hot 100, one of my fave chart moments ��
76. Rita Ora “Anywhere”
Since Anywhere wasn't a hit in America, my main memory of this song is probably compiling Buzzjack's personal charts during its record-breaking run at #1 on the Multichart kink.gif One of those perfect pop songs for sure, and Rita's final appearance here.
75. Calvin Harris “Feel So Close”
Feel So Close was Calvin's first solo hit in the US, obviously helped by We Found Love finally making him a chart force here. I tend to prefer Calvin's songs that feature his own vocals, especially from 2012 onward. This one's especially euphoric wub.gif That said, you'll be surprised to see which song of his ranks higher for me!
74. Neon Trees “Sleeping With A Friend”
This really should've given Neon Trees a complete trio of radio staples, with Animal and Everybody Talks already achieving that feat, but since I prefer this song by far, it was nice that it didn't get nearly as overplayed!
73. Maren Morris “My Church”
I was lucky enough to hear My Church on the radio long before it was a hit, and I'll never forget that first listen. Such an obvious country classic in the making, with her big vocals, singalong melody and killer lyrics. Maren's had other great songs up her sleeve since then, but she'll have a very hard time topping this!
72. Andy Grammer “Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)”
Honey I'm Good was Andy's big hit, but I was much more drawn to this follow-up single. An undeniably feel-good song that isn't preachy and stands way out from any generic feel-good song. I was already a fan but this made him one of my fave current male artists wub.gif
71. Becky G “Shower”
In some ways it feels like ages ago that Becky G could have a #16 hit in America, in other ways it feels like yesterday. I guess it's no surprise that Dr. Luke was involved with this, the chorus is a stroke of genius and it's every bit as fun to listen to today <3

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th July 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Hi Jordan! smile.gif

Hard to argue with a chart that has brilliant tracks from the likes of Gotye, Thomas Rhett, Carly rae Jepsen, Adele, and many others!

Inside the 100, Queen Of Peace is awesome, def amongst my top 3 of the decade, fab to see Hurts in your list, and Kungs is a goodie! Plenty of other stuff to rate too, but those are my must-have takes that would also be in my chart of the decade (I don;t know why I don't compile it really, I've got the "sales" figs laugh.gif - I'll wait till yours is done though smile.gif )

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 21st July 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Giving the Skylar Grey song a listen now, a nice little song! Have to say I don't know too much by her but this is okay.

This Girl is still a great song, being kept off the top spot by selfish little Drake though sad.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 1st August 2020, 03:18 AM
Post #15
Group icon

70. The Naked & Famous “Hearts Like Ours”
The underrated lead single from TNAF's sophomore album, which sadly failed to chart even in their native NZ. I think it's every bit as incredible as Young Blood and had it on repeat just as much at the time, if not more!
69. David Guetta feat. Rihanna “Who’s That Chick?”
I would call this underrated as well, but Rihanna having so many hits simultaneously, some great singles were bound to be overshadowed by even better ones. Same with David Guetta since they were both in their imperial phase back then. On the bright side, Who's That Chick never suffered from overplay, which keeps it high in my affections to this day!
68. Christina Perri “Arms”
Sandwiched between the two behemoths of Christina's discography, was this super-cute single about Jason Derulo :jameela:, a foreshadowing of the folk-pop trend a couple years before it really took off. Still a fave, and it won't be Christina's last appearance here!
67. Disclosure feat. Eliza Doolittle “You & Me”
Latch and White Noise were great and all but this song was truly the eye-opener for me. Disclosure in general were like nothing I'd ever heard before, and I fondly remember this being released in my last couple weeks of college, it was quite the distraction from studying for exams laugh.gif
66. Professor Green feat. Ruth Anne “Remedy”
Professor Green was very hit-and-miss for me, but he's responsible for a few solid gems, this being the ultimate one IMO. I love the edgy production on it, and Ruth-Anne deserves credit for that slam-dunk of a chorus. 2012, what a time to be alive <3
65. Katy Perry “This Is How We Do”
My song of the summer in 2014! I miss the days when Katy could get a hit with literally anything. This Is How We Do was not an obvious hit like Roar or a trend-chaser like Dark Horse, it was just a weird fun pop moment and I'm so glad it was a single. Bonus points for memorable lyrics and a fun video!
64. Carly Rae Jepsen “Run Away With Me”
I mean, this is on every Buzzjack member's end-of-decade, right? It's the pop masterpiece that never was, except here we all know it and love it. Played during so many plug.dj sessions at the time and I've been lucky enough to hear it in real life too, particularly on one radio station and at the gym. But really, no introduction or explanation needed.
63. Kesha “Blow”
I guess this is my favorite Kesha song! On the surface it's a cookie-cutter 2011 dance-pop anthem, but the melody stands out to me, and I loved Kesha's knack for making these songs her own, usually with obligatory mentions of glitter in the lyrics laugh.gif
62. OneRepublic “I Lived”
A deep-but-not-too-deep song about looking back on your life, not the easiest subject to write a *good* song about, but leave it to Ryan Tedder! Very fittingly used for the final episode of Glee, and not to be morbid but I'd request it at my own funeral. It's a beauty wub.gif
61. Calvin Harris feat. Ne-Yo “Let’s Go”
Add to the generic-but-I-love-it-anyway pile. Honestly Let's Go has my favorite drop of any Calvin Harris song, unexpected but high praise considering his track record! If only you saw me bouncing off the walls anytime this song comes on kink.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th August 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Pleased to see 'You & Me' popping up here wub.gif I think that's my second favourite single from 'Settle' only behind the masterpiece known as 'Latch'. It always gives me a really warm summer feeling, I think I'll put it on today actually to suit the sunny weather here in England right now *.*

I shall be a basic BuzzJacker and say that my other main highlight of this section is 'Run Away With Me' kink.gif wub.gif I think it's still my favourite Carly song! Certainly the best performing one in my chart anyway - I believe it achieved a #2 peak there. That chorus is absolutely HUGE *.* deserved better commercially!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 12th August 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Giving 'Hearts Like Ours' a listen as I've only really gotten into The Naked and Famous recently - pretty much what I expected but still quite enjoying it!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 19th August 2020, 03:06 AM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 9 2020, 09:59 AM) *
Pleased to see 'You & Me' popping up here wub.gif I think that's my second favourite single from 'Settle' only behind the masterpiece known as 'Latch'. It always gives me a really warm summer feeling, I think I'll put it on today actually to suit the sunny weather here in England right now *.*

I shall be a basic BuzzJacker and say that my other main highlight of this section is 'Run Away With Me' kink.gif wub.gif I think it's still my favourite Carly song! Certainly the best performing one in my chart anyway - I believe it achieved a #2 peak there. That chorus is absolutely HUGE *.* deserved better commercially!
Well, I'd say RAWM is still my fave Carly song too - would be pretty impossible for her to outdo it! Definitely deserved a whole lot better, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I heard it on the radio but I cherished the moment each time wub.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Aug 12 2020, 04:15 PM) *
Giving 'Hearts Like Ours' a listen as I've only really gotten into The Naked and Famous recently - pretty much what I expected but still quite enjoying it!
I'm glad you listened and enjoyed it! Not groundbreaking by any means but still a solid song biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 19th August 2020, 03:51 AM
Post #19
Group icon

60. Taylor Swift “Delicate”
Taylor still has two more songs to come after this, but Delicate is the most recent song of hers to make the list. It was my EOY #1 of 2018 and a surprise sleeper hit in the US! One of few highlights on Reputation kink.gif
59. The Saturdays “Ego”
The chorus of Ego is total perfection IMO! It's always fitting to include the Sats in a Buzzjack thread, but this pre-dates my membership so the site can't really take credit here...just coincidentally an early 2010 fave!
58. Dua Lipa “New Rules”
From one Buzzfave to another, New Rules was undeniably fun to watch soar the UK charts then do the same worldwide. The video was equally fun, and now it's a bit crazy to think Dua was still a pop underdog at this point!
57. Halsey “Without Me”
I've not been shy about having loathed Halsey when she first emerged, never would've imagined her featuring here 5 years ago but here we are! Without Me hitting #1 in the US was such a triumph wub.gif
56. Daniella Mason “Shade Of You”
My favorite BJSC entry of all time and it's hard to see that changing anytime soon. This led me to discover so many other outstanding Daniella Mason songs, but Shade Of You will continue to reign supreme! The video has been rudely removed from Youtube with a re-recorded version of the song put in its place, but thankfully the original is still on Spotify.
55. Zayn feat. Sia “Dusk Till Dawn”
Still pretty impressed that Zayn carries this song on his own, with Sia just in the background, their voices sound great together! I absolutely love the super long notes, not even ironically laugh.gif
54. Natasha Bedingfield “Touch”
Natasha released an album in 2010 and idk how it went so unnoticed. Touch was such an obvious smash to me, #1 in my chart but how did that not happen in reality?? At least it wasn't overplayed and is still a bop 10 years later!
53. Imagine Dragons “Whatever It Takes”
Imagine Dragons aren't consistent radio darlings but their third album sure did phenomenally well here, much like their first. Whatever It Takes was the big standout for me and I'm thankful to have experienced it live!
52. Shawn Mendes “Mercy”
So thankful that Shawn's not a one-hit wonder, I've been impressed with his growth as an artist the past few years! Mercy really stunned me at the time and remains my second fave of his - what will be the first? thinking.gif
51. Lady Gaga “The Edge Of Glory”
Born This Way is full of gems and I think The Edge Of Glory has held up best out of them all - tbf it always had that timeless feel to it! However, it's also on the edge of my top 50 oop kink.gif

Spotify playlist for recap/catch-up purposes:

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 19th August 2020, 07:12 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Who's That Chick & New Rules are prob my faves of the latest batches, but also like Ego, Run Away With Me (sorry peaked at 40 in my charts laugh.gif), Delicate, Dusk Till Dawn, Edge Of Glory, Mercy. As is so often the case these days, some of the others I'd need to check my personal charts to remember how much I liked them if they don't ring an instant bell. Delights of losing memory brain cells heehee.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 05:04 PM