BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Avicii - True [Rate] Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 9th September 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

CODE
[b]Standard Edition[/b]
[b]xx[/b] 01. Wake Me Up (feat. Aloe Blacc)
[b]xx[/b] 02. You Make Me (feat. Salem Al Fakir)
[b]xx[/b] 03. Hey Brother (feat. Dan Tyminski)
[b]xx[/b] 04. Addicted To You (feat. Audra Mae)
[b]xx[/b] 05. Dear Boy (feat. MØ)
[b]xx[/b] 06. Liar Liar (feat. Blondfire)
[b]xx[/b] 07. Shame On Me (feat. Sterling Fox & Audra Mae)
[b]xx[/b] 08. Lay Me Down (feat. Adam Lambert & Nile Rodgers)
[b]xx[/b] 09. Hope There's Someone (feat. Linnea Henriksson)
[b]xx[/b] 10. Heart Upon My Sleeve

[b]iTunes Bonus Tracks[/b]
[b]xx[/b] 11. Long Road To Hell (feat. Audra Mae)
[b]xx[/b] 12. Edom

[b]Spotify Bonus Tracks[/b]
[b]xx[/b] 11. Canyons
[b]xx[/b] 12. All You Need Is Love (feat. Ruth-Anne)

[b]Amazon Bonus Track[/b]
[b]xx[/b] 11. Always On The Run (feat. Noonie Bao)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 9th September 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

#11 - 15

11 Edom 8
12 Long Road To Hell (feat. Audra Mae) 7.888888889
13 Shame On Me (feat. Sterling Fox & Audra Mae) 7.5
14 Liar Liar (feat. Blondfire) 7.45
15 Canyons 7.071428571

Predictably finishing bottom is the 7 minute instrumental 'Canyons' which was one of 2 Spotify bonus tracks. 3 people didn't even know it well enough to rate it and the highest mark it got was an 8.5, from Spadam.

'Liar Liar' is the lowest from the main album closely followed by 'Shame On Me'. As those are two of the "fillers" (don't like to use that word really as every track is amazing) it's not much of a disappointment that they are this low. LL's biggest fan was Ethan who gave it 9 and SOM got its highest mark from brefardan, also 9.

The 2 iTunes bonus tracks 'Long Road To Hell' and 'Edom' finish at #12/#11, that is higher than I expected for 'Edom' as it is the longest song on the album and is fully instrumental. It got a 9.5 from Spadam as its highest mark. LRTH's highest mark came from Ethan who gave it 9.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 9th September 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Losing my 9.5 already tho sob.gif
At least my 7/7.5 is out biggrin.gif
Just going to quote my rates for future reference wink.gif
QUOTE('SPADZ @ Aug 25 2015, 10:50 PM) *
Standard Edition
11 01. Wake Me Up (feat. Aloe Blacc) would've been higher if overplayment hadn't have killed it sad.gif (yes I know it's 11 laugh.gif )
8.5 02. You Make Me (feat. Salem Al Fakir)
10 03. Hey Brother (feat. Dan Tyminski) bloody amazing. Also deserves 11 tbh. I think all the hate on here is because of the vocals. I myself wasn't that struck at first would you believe ohmy.gif
9 04. Addicted To You (feat. Audra Mae) JAM wub.gif also the video tongue.gif
10 05. Dear Boy (feat. MØ) forever obsessed with this ever since i first heard it on the promo mix wub.gif wub.gif absolutely gutted it was never released cry.gif mad.gif one of the most underrated album tracks of all time!
7.5 06. Liar Liar (feat. Blondfire) A by A version/On My Own >>>>>>>>>> this but it's still good
7 07. Shame On Me (feat. Sterling Fox & Audra Mae) not that great until build up tbh
8.5 08. Lay Me Down (feat. Adam Lambert & Nile Rodgers)
9.5 09. Hope There's Someone (feat. Linnea Henriksson) another brilliant album track wub.gif
8.5 10. Heart Upon My Sleeve

iTunes Bonus Tracks
8.5 11. Long Road To Hell (feat. Audra Mae)
9.5 12. Edom omg I must've overlooked this the first for few times I've heard this. music.gif

Spotify Bonus Tracks
8.5 11. Canyons
8.5 12. All You Need Is Love (feat. Ruth-Anne)

Amazon Bonus Track
9 11. Always On The Run (feat. Noonie Bao) vocals aren't that special but the production certainly makes up for it music.gif

Maybe next we could have a rate of pre-#TRUE Avicii tracks? So many stunning songs before and after wub.gif

This post has been edited by 100% ~spadam~ 😎: 9th September 2015, 09:29 PM

+Quote this post
danG
post 9th September 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

#6 - 10

6 Addicted To You (feat. Audra Mae) 8.55
7 Hope There's Someone (feat. Linnea Henriksson) 8.5
8 All You Need Is Love (feat. Ruth-Anne) 8.4375
9 Always On The Run (feat. Noonie Bao) 8.214285714
10 Heart Upon My Sleeve 8.1

'Heart Upon My Sleeve' closes the main album, and as it's the weakest song on the album imo I'm thankful for the deluxe tracks all of which make for better closers. It did have an 11 from Cody Slayberry.

Amazon bonus track that I wasn't aware of until a week or 2 after the album's release (as I don't use that site for music) 'Always On The Run' is definitely one that should've made the iTunes or Spotify cut as it is another great song from him. Its biggest fan is gooddelta who made me aware of the song, he gives it 9.5.

'All You Need Is Love', not a Beatles cover, was another Spotify exclusive, but is better than some of the tracks on the main album! Its biggest supporter was Cody Slayberry who gave the track 10.

The only cover version on the album was 'Hope There's Someone', but being Avicii he makes it sound like his own of course, and is one of the greats of the album tracks. The biggest mark came from Spadam, 9.5.

The first of the 5 singles to drop out is 'Addicted To You' which means we have one album track in the top 5! Sadly a few people thought this song wasn't up to too good which lowered the average. It did however get one 11, from Ezra's Whore.

+Quote this post
danG
post 9th September 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

#1 - 5

1 Wake Me Up (feat. Aloe Blacc) 10.35
2 Hey Brother (feat. Dan Tyminski) 9.9
3 You Make Me (feat. Salem Al Fakir) 9.55
4 Dear Boy (feat. MØ) 9.2
5 Lay Me Down (feat. Adam Lambert & Nile Rodgers) 8.6

'Lay Me Down' was the last single released from 'True' and is the weakest of them. This isn't reflected in the results though as it finishes above ATY. Big points for it came from gavindeejay and brefardan, 10 each.

The highest album track is deservedly 'Dear Boy', which unfortunately never got a chance to shine as a single. It was the standout album track when it was released for me but it remaining an album track was not a surprise. 10s were given to it by myself, Cody Slayberry, Ethan and brefardan.

'You Make Me' finishes in 3rd unsurprisingly as it was the 3rd biggest single. No 11s given to it but many 10s, which came from Nick F1, Cody Slayberry, Ethan, gavindeejay and brefardan.

Predictably 'Hey Brother' finishes 2nd and 'Wake Me Up' winning. I knew WMU would win but what really amazes me is that its average is OVER 10 *.* 7 of us agreed this was the best on the album, giving it 11. Myself included.

'Hey Brother' got just the one 11, from Nick F1, but mostly 10s everywhere else leading to an average of just under 10. Great averages all around here! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th September 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Pleased Always On The Run made the top ten, such gorgeous verses, one of six Avicii songs to finish in my EOY top 100...at this rate 2015 will have only one drama.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 9th September 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Oh bugger, forgot to vote in this.

'Lay Me Down' is by far and away the best thing on this album though.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 9th September 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #8
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I hate how Dan makes it clear that I have crap Avicii taste sad.gif

VERY predictable winner IMO

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 10th September 2015, 08:14 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Great results for the top 10 there! cheer.gif (also I'm very sure I gave Dear Boy a strong 10 hitler.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:48 PM