BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
29 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Good Wife
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PaPa Ri
post Mar 9 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #501
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
Okay, I guess I'll be the first one to admit it. I haven't enjoyed this AT ALL since it came back in January (i.e. the past 4 episodes). Last night's episode was terrible. What the hell has happened?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 9 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #502
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I'm all for trying something a bit different but last night didn't totally work for me either.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Mar 10 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #503
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
It's a bumpy ride for sure and I definitely felt the Ferguson episode was a CATASTROPHIC error in judgement. There were so many ways they could have made it work, by bringing it into a courtroom scenario for a start. Have the privileged white characters on the show challenge their views and position by having to prosecute the officers or whatever, many many interesting routes to go down and for a show so bold and decisive it felt very tonally deaf and reactionary to me.

This weeks episode was also very odd, but not because it was tonally deaf, it was PURE filler but at the same time it was a very interesting way to look at what it's like to be Alicia. We've seen them do pov camera a few times before, but having us actually see her thoughts was fascinating, if a little bizarre. I liked fake Will and his blacked out face, yet almost identical voice (was it ACTUALLY Josh Charles, it was so hard to tell, maybe it was from an earlier episode). It was nice for the show to remember that Alicia does have children as well and that Finn was/is a thing. Basically I loved the IDEA of it, but the execution was curiously a little off.

The issue with this season is the main narrative arc is so boring, but it's all they have. Cary's court thing is done now so all they have is Alicia running and that has an election in the future so they have loads of episodes to fill with...nothing much. Additionally for a show with one of, if not the BEST, casts on TV why they insist on having them all so disparate is beyond me. They set themselves up for a fall with S5. It was SO huge and so beloved and so well received that they tried to top that, not realising that as amazing as the big moments were, it's the small moments, the picking up the pieces, the quite internal reflection or the sombre moving on that made the show so special. They've lost the magic a little by losing who these characters ARE, beyond Saint Alicia anyway.

Call out to David Lee being a thing still and Canning maybe/maybe not dying. Who the f*** knows with that man.

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post Mar 10 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #504
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 229
same here...the campaign is getting bit tiring...

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Mar 16 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #505
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
Who the f*** fires a plastic gun and expects it to work?

So I guess next week is the elections. Who do you think wins and who are you rooting for? I have no idea about either.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Mar 23 2015, 02:48 AM
Post #506
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
She won. Shocker.
I actually adored the last episode, I've hated this story-line and this season is by far the worst, but this by far was one of my favorite episodes this season.
Halo, Diane pimping herself out for business and Elfman's dream crush of having to leave Alicia behind was pretty rewarding.

Not sure what's next. The easy option would have been for her to lose and return to Florick/Argos/Lockheart/Whoever else. But at least the writers are going to challenge themselves with writing something completely different now.

Also, I know the beginning of the season was very "Cary" heavy - but we haven't seen much of him recently. And this Kalinda story-line is nothing to write home about either - she's been a glorified chauffeur for the last 5 episodes and nothing more.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Mar 23 2015, 02:51 AM
Post #507
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Also, can we just move Niles Crane to series regular. He was acting rings around everyone bar Diane this season as well.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Mar 23 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #508
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
Diane shone as usual. I need a gif of her last scene where she takes a bite and chews.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Apr 8 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #509
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
omg

I hear CBS has quietly extended the contracts of the primary cast — that includes Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry — for two more seasons beyond the current sixth. (TVLine)

That could mean nothing, of course, but still!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Apr 8 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #510
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Agustín *.*

Really enjoyed it this week, found Diane's story very interesting. And I'm intrigued about Kalinda's exit, will it be Bishop related, will it be the metadata etc. etc.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 8 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #511
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
I'd imagine we're looking at a 13 episode 7th and final season to be honest, I think an outside shot at 22 episodes. Zero chance of an 8th season, unless somehow ratings massively turn around.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Apr 8 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #512
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Also, I feel really f***ing awful saying that as for over 5 years this show has been faithfully delivering the goods week in, week out, almost without fail but the last few episodes have been...the worst ever. It's actually astonishing how badly paced it is right now and how little I care about anything that is happening to any of the characters. If they even bother to feign that anyone other than Alicia has a plotline at this point, that is.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Apr 9 2015, 09:29 AM
Post #513
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Apr 9 2015, 02:01 AM) *
Also, I feel really f***ing awful saying that as for over 5 years this show has been faithfully delivering the goods week in, week out, almost without fail but the last few episodes have been...the worst ever. It's actually astonishing how badly paced it is right now and how little I care about anything that is happening to any of the characters. If they even bother to feign that anyone other than Alicia has a plotline at this point, that is.

I agree, but I think it's back on form since last Sunday. I really enjoyed it.

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post Apr 9 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #514
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
yeah last Sunday was good...but the few before that...series low def! :/

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Apr 13 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #515
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa.

Absolutely mental, definitely my favourite episode season so far. I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks now cry.gif

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post Apr 29 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #516
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
What happened with Kalinda? :/ did she just left or...? #confused

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Apr 29 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #517
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
QUOTE(♫ Boyan ♫ @ Apr 29 2015, 01:29 PM) *
What happened with Kalinda? :/ did she just left or...? #confused

She'll be back for the finale and she apparently shares a scene with Alicia that is allegedly 'AMAZING'.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Apr 29 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #518
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Kalinda's final scenes (save for what I assume are flashbacks) got me all emotional. sad.gif But I'm also disappointed, hoping for a bit more clarity.

I'm happy that Alicia is back with the firm but I dislike the way they went about it (the way she had to step down etc.)

+Quote this post
jakee
post May 15 2015, 03:39 AM
Post #519
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
YES GAWD for that alicia and kalinda scene (though were they both there together, because the camera angles really suggested otherwise) and the perfect way for her to go. death would be too obvious, with her sunglasses on and head held high.

what has gone on with the last 5 episodes of this season though? inconsequential storylines, filler, really clunky and sloppy writing. it's been something a of a disappointment.

also RENEWED for what is certain to be its last season (after all it'll be back to one word titles)

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post May 16 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #520
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(┌ ╫ ┘ @ May 15 2015, 03:39 AM) *
YES GAWD for that alicia and kalinda scene (though were they both there together, because the camera angles really suggested otherwise) and the perfect way for her to go.

Confirmed that the scenes were shot separately. What is the beef between the two? Apparently according to the article they haven't shot a scene together in 2 years? I haven't really been paying attention - but I do now recall a lot of phone conversations.

+Quote this post

29 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:11 AM