BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Throwback! 19 years ago: Spice Girls - Forever, Anniversaries of Spice releases / moments
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
tommie
post Nov 3 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #341
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,073
   No Gallery Pics

In all honesty, I'm kind of surprise they didn't get more trashed for essentially re-doing Destiny's Child debut album cover for Forever:

Yes, I'm a aware wearing black against a white backdrop isn't original in itself, but that, along with similar font and also working with US producers it just seems like it gets too close for comfort.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 3 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #342
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

So annoyed but not shocked their social media has posted about Spiceworld anniversary 🙄

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Nov 3 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #343
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

I remember getting it from Woolworths on release weekend and on first listen being instantly in love with Stop and praying it would be a single.

Was so excited when Geri announced it as a forthcoming single on the Audience with Show.

Love all ten tracks, their best album, best single selection, best artwork, best memories.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Nov 4 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #344
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I had to wait until Christmas Day 1997 for my copy! My first ever CD. wub.gif

Almost forgot: today's date, 23 years ago... the UK release (and presumably elsewhere in Europe?) of their first album Spice!

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Friday, 10:20 AM
Post #345
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Completely forgot to mention the 19th anniversary of Forever! Released 6th November 2000!

Other recent anniversaries...

12 years ago: 5th November 2007 - Spice Girls - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)
8 years ago: 6th November 2011 - Melanie C - Weak

+Quote Post
isanka
post Friday, 12:04 PM
Post #346
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 88,486
   No Gallery Pics

Time go so fast.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Friday, 01:47 PM
Post #347
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

If Forever had achieved a higher level of success do you think they would have still split?

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Friday, 02:39 PM
Post #348
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Nov 8 2019, 01:47 PM) *
If Forever had achieved a higher level of success do you think they would have still split?

So hard to say. On the one hand they might have done one more tour for the fans, a greatest hits and then split. But then with their focus all being splintered in different directions i.e with their solo careers there wasn't that same team camaraderie anymore. Their vibe and their bond was as a five.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Friday, 03:45 PM
Post #349
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The bond was 5 but the recent reform of 4 worked strongly.
The problem with the time after Spiceworld and up to Forever their focus and style of music was splintered and that would have became stronger if Forever reached higher levels of success.
That said, if Forever was huge they would have likely stayed together longer even if it was to prove they could succeed just aswell with or without Geri.
Forever,didnt have the magical Spice Girls feel, and, it lost the fun element of the sound of the Spice Girls.

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Friday, 05:24 PM
Post #350
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

I think a split was inevitable by that point due to solo careers. Melanie C had pretty much moved on from the group and Holler/LLLTW going to number 1 and the album number 2 didnt encourage her to carry on with promotion which was discussed before Xmas 2000 and she wasnt interested in carrying on. Victoria and Emma were recording solo albums at this point and Mel B had released hers.

Mel B and Emma were the two who would've carried on with B continuing to say the group would be back soon during her 2001 solo promotion.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Saturday, 09:13 AM
Post #351
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I think even if the album had smashed hitting #1 and being a huge seller, they would have disbanded promotion asap. They might have released a second (third if you count Goodbye) single from the album, but I doubt it would have been promotion (ala IYWHSF in Europe).

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 03:00 AM