BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiterdonia National Thread, 135: who the baddest?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 27th March 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #121
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 21 2019, 09:19 PM) *
Nadia Ali was sent 3 times before but hasn't really had a hit yet (one DNQ, one that qualified and came last and one in a 'one big final' contest which finished bottom 10) - Tritonal also haven't had much luck as they've been entered twice before with both DNQing, the first of which was at the time one of the highest scoring songs in a semi-final to miss out magic.gif Best of luck outperforming that history. x

Also. BOOM. Dat 17th 😁😅😋
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 1st April 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #122
Group icon

Yass we finally are able to send a great pop track! This has been my personal chart #1 for a record 4 weeks running so we're really glad to not get a veto and be able to share it with you guys! Hoping to qualify with this latest Jupiterdonia genre shift!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th April 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #123
Group icon

3rd! A new peak position for Jupiterdonia biggrin.gif

Very happy with that and glad you all enjoyed LÉON - including some unlikely fans!

We might genre switch up again next time but it was fun to send pop for once and also for something I really liked to do well for once biggrin.gif

Be sure to check out LÉON's album (just released) if you feel like seeing wjat more she has to offer!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 27th April 2019, 06:00 PM
Post #124
Group icon

???

For 114: tropical summery dance, or pop again? Thoughts? Likely both will be unknown to you guys (yes ik that's the point x)

This post has been edited by JüperTrouper: 27th April 2019, 06:00 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 4th May 2019, 01:36 AM
Post #125
Group icon

Ultimately it was pop again we went for with placeholder track What About Me from Whinnie Williams, a track that was a Jupiter fave last year and which some of you might've seen ending up in the Jupiterdonian 2018 top 100 tracks countdown.

Whinnie - real name Jade Williams, something some of you might find amusing - previously had a brief moment in the sun as Sunday Girl during which I vaguely feel she got Radio 1 support. I wasn't aware of that when I first came across this track mind. Similar to my last entry by LEON, What About Me has a retro sensibility and quite classical pop sound. In contrast to that song, this is a bit slower with an old-world girlband aesthetic to it, and a less dramatic - but I feel more artistic video. Tbh the artistry is a big slice of its appeal imo.

We're finally getting round to sending this great track after nearly doing so a few times last year, only to be taken with something else towards the end of the qualifying period. Hoping to continue our qualifying streak now, even with a fairly slow ballad by BJSC standards! Have a watch & listen below and if you like, please do give us points!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th June 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #126
Group icon

Back to dance for 115 with ReOrder livening up Armin van Buuren's attempt at a pop song with Bonnie McKee. Lonely For You (ReOrder Remix) is exactly the kind of trance that's right up my street, hopefully this will return Jupiterdonia to Q status and the top half of the leaderboard! Its a tough semi tho so only time will tell.

If you like, please do throw some votes our way as it seems people still firget we won't qualify if you don't! tongue.gif

Here's the track, sadly without a video so get to doing something else while it's on! I find its a great workout/housework energizer wink.gif

This post has been edited by TheJüpreme: 13th June 2019, 02:09 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 16th July 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #127
Group icon

Bonnie and Armin did ok getting us another placing in the 20s, but higher would be nice! We've gone for an upbeat foreign language track for 116, more info on that to come! Big thanks to those who gave us big points last time round biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 22nd July 2019, 04:10 PM
Post #128
Group icon

Yes, 116 sees us go pretty upbeat, Pridey & summery with Brazilian drag queen Gloria Groove's YoYo, featuring IZA. We haven't sent something so poppy in a while and decided to actually go with a queen this time after considering and changing our minds (and getting vetoed once) in the contest main. In many ways this is a spiritual successor to our Pride entry featuring Pabllo Vittar alongside Sofi Tukker.

Have a look and a listen and hopefully enjoy! & join us in plug later in the week for an encore!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th September 2019, 10:30 AM
Post #129
Group icon

Well, this has been a very mixed year total, after getting our highest place to date this year we've also since NQed twice in a row. For some reason y y'all didn't go for Brazilian drag or Romanian synthpop :')

So for 118 we'll be genre shifting again into either rock or dance, depending on which we're enjoying more when the deadline rolls around. Tbf, the last contest was very strong so we're not too salty about crashing out! But please do throw votes our way if you like the next one.

Also shout out to some of our favourites from the last few contests: Ingrid Michaelson, Wafia, Iveta Mukuchyan and Mahalia were fabulous discoveries!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 19th September 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #130
Group icon

We went for rock! Or, metal, specifically! For the first time in a main contest I think, although I've sent several metal tracks to Nuggets now.

118 sees Jupiterdonia bringing you epic guitars, a mystical music video, slightly piratey instrumentation vibes and a sheer powerhouse vocal from Delain's Charlotte Wessels. Watch out for it, it's truly fantastic. The track, Masters of Destiny comes from Delain's latest project, released earlier this year, the latest in an over a decade long career which has seen them move in and out of several metal subgenres - and Charlotte to move between a rainbow of hair colours!

Who knows if we'll qualify - hasn't been great on that front lately, but we couldn't resist sending such an epic this month. Hopefully we will get some crossover support despite landing in a very pop semi!

Here's the track for a nice preview:

Please throw votes our way if you like - we're gonna need them! xo

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 22nd September 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #131
Group icon

Thanks to all the pluggers for the positive response!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 20th October 2019, 10:54 PM
Post #132
Group icon

BJSC 119

We really have been having no luck lately! 2019 has seen Jupiterdonia get both our highest placer in BJSC and also a string of NQs. We're going back to brand for Halloween season with something a bit odd and creepy from the lovely Nicole Dollanganger and we will just have to see how it does!

Thanks to all who voted and supported Delain last time, we were unlucky to miss out. It would be lovely if this was the one that broke our NQ streak but we are also aware that Nicole will be a bit of an acquired taste and possibly divisive due to being both creepy and slow :') but here's hoping. It's a seasonal track in any case we here in Lipstick are very happy to get a chance to share on with you all for 119

So here's a preview before we get to the plug session this week:

This post has been edited by TheJü-Pumpkin: 20th October 2019, 10:55 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 21st November 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #133
Group icon

We're finishing up the year for 120 with one of my fave 2019 discoveries, a track that brings together queer, psychedelic and melodic vibes all in one, while featuring gorgeous camp aesthetics AND Ariel Pink (longtime fave) into the mix. This will be SSION's third entry into BJSC, most recently sent a few contests ago (Vulkyria in 101) with a track I didn't really enjoy so much at the time but which I gained a new appreciation for after it was featured in Netflix's Tales of the City, another of my favourite discoveries this year.

Hoping this doesn't end up with the same ill fate as my previous drag-featuring entry this year! In any case the vibes of this are just gorgeous though and I'm glad I thought to send it! As ever, votes would be fab if you agree! Would be awesome to close out the year on a final biggrin.gif

And here tis:

This post has been edited by LaJüpe: 21st November 2019, 12:45 AM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 20th January 2020, 08:58 PM
Post #134
Group icon

Back to creepy and weird for 121 now with a slightly genre-hopping track from monster aesthete Jazmin Bean who we discovered towards the tail-end of 2019. This has topped my personal chart already and is perhaps one of Mx Bean's more accessible tracks. Bean is known for their weird and disturbing videos combining storybook and fairytale imagery with weaponds, blood and guts and in one case, a visit to the dentist with all the most horrible implications. I still can't watch that one. But the sound of their music is right up my street, blending metal and riot grrl with soft and mellow interludes. Fans of Poppy and Grimes' Play Destroy - and Grimes' new direction in general might enjoy.

Thankfully there's no horrible music video yet for this one, but for now here's the track - War Zone Urchin by Jazmin Bean. Hopefully we don't get lost in the shuffle and pick up some fans (& votes) for this contest edition!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter👑: 20th January 2020, 08:59 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th February 2020, 12:58 AM
Post #135
Group icon

Switching it up for this new edition with a disco song after a DNQ last time. Will this be the start of full pop nation Jupiterdonia for the new decade?? Here's the track; hope to pick up some fans this time wink.gif

This post has been edited by J00ps: 26th February 2020, 12:59 AM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th March 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #136
Group icon

Going pop worked out pretty well, scoring us our fourth highest placer to date and highest entry in a year since our top ten surprise success with LEON around this time last year.

Expect something else poppy for the next one! We'll be putting our thinking cap on tongue.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 1st April 2020, 02:32 PM
Post #137
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

LOVE UR ENTRY THIS TIME X

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 1st April 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #138
Group icon

Thx bbz xoxo

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 1st April 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #139
Group icon

Also fyi all this is our entry for 123 didn't post it here yet oops

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd April 2020, 11:23 AM
Post #140
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Yeah this was a highlight when I gave Semi 2 a spin.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 09:16 PM