BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Robbie and Take That
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
checkers
post Sep 24 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,356
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/0...15875-23442822/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Sep 27 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #2
The Last of the Rock Stars
Member No.: 368

My considered opinion? A load of baloney. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Sep 27 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #3

While we're on the subject of Robbie and Take That....

From
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/take-that...-months_1247251

Take That Earn £7 Million In Six Months

Take That are thought to have earned a total of more than £7 million in six months after banking £2.5 million and being owed £5.1 million.

Accounts filed by the 'Never Forget' group's newly formed TT5 company - set up three months after Robbie Williams returned to the boy band in July 2010 - disclose a turnover of £7.6 million, made up of £2.5 million in the band and a further £5.1 million owed.

The group's recent 'Progress Live' tour - their first time on the road as a five-piece since 1995 - was the biggest source of income, selling a record breaking 1.34 million tickets in less than 24 hours.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Touring has seen the band's finances rocket. It was very, very lucrative and it's little wonder they have so much in the bank between them."

While the tour grossed a great deal of money, the band may not end up taking home with much of it themselves, as it has previously been reported their spectacular stage production cost up to £15 million to produce.

Take That - which also includes Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald - beat their previous box office record by doubling the number of tickets sold in one day for their 'The Circus Live' tour in 2008.

Adding to their finances, the band's 'Progress' album has also sold more than two million copies since its release last November.

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Sep 27 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #4

So they earned £7 million but the show cost £15 million to produce???? unsure.gif Am I missing something? laugh.gif

£7 million divided by 5 doesn't seem very much given the scale of the tour. I'd stay solo if I was Rob biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jay727
post Sep 28 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,273

none of them need the money anyways, especially not rob.
although most rob fans (maybe not as many on here) are annoyed that he rejoined them, barlow and co have done them and rob the biggest favour they could..returning one of the biggest showmen to his former glory, and now that barlow is on board producing and writing album 9 we can expect that charisma and robbieness ( biggrin.gif ) to be 'back for good' smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kath
post Sep 28 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jupiter9 @ Sep 27 2011, 09:07 PM) *
So they earned £7 million but the show cost £15 million to produce???? unsure.gif Am I missing something? laugh.gif
£7 million divided by 5 doesn't seem very much given the scale of the tour. I'd stay solo if I was Rob biggrin.gif

I get puzzled by that too! I know that they've always said they've actually lost money on (most) of their tours. The Circus cost at least £10M to put on too (to be honest as a concert the £10M for The Circus was more value for money than the £15M for Progress - as much as I enjoyed the Progress tour.)

I mean - everyone keeps saying that singles (and even albums) sales aren't important (conveniently when Take That miss the top 40 with a song!) but if £7M split between five (for a hell of a lot of bloody hard work) - I'd rather have a much smaller profit margin with an album which didn't really take much effort at all.

Kath

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Sep 30 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Indeed. I very much doubt those figures though. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Oct 4 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,680
   No Gallery Pics

ROBBIE'S NOT BACK FOR GOOD

X FACTOR judge Gary Barlow has revealed that Robbie Williams has once again left Take That.

Gary, 40, said the man band's recent reunion "ended perfectly" but they are back to being a four-piece.

And he insisted that some of their fans prefer the group WITHOUT 37-year-old Robbie.

Gary said: "Many fans say they prefer Take That as a foursome.

"The ultimate dream was to get us on tour. We managed to do that. It was beautiful. Now Rob's doing a solo record and from this point it's back to where it was."

Asked whether Take That — whose hits include Back For Good — were now a four-piece he replied: "Yes."

But the singer refused to rule out any future reunions. "You know what, we can revisit it whenever we want. He's our brother, Rob is, and if he wants to have a year off being Robbie Williams, he's welcome any time he wants," he told Radio Times.

Source.. SUN UK

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Oct 5 2011, 06:13 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,680
   No Gallery Pics

A portion of Gary's interview from the Radio Times can be heard here ....

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-10-04/...ms's-future

radiotimes.com

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Oct 5 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #10

I'm confused by all this. I always thought Robbie signed up for one album and one tour and then it would be back 'to normal' TT wise. He always planned a new solo album as far as I can recall.

I certainly never expected the TT5 thing to be a permanent state of affairs. Then again, he talks so much bull and changes his mind from one day to the next so who the heck knows.... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
jay727
post Oct 5 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,273

It has been confirmed that Rob will do this record and then rejoin the band again. It's all good! that way we get a Rob on new material every year solo or as part of TT

Im hoping for a continuation of the 2 Rudebox songs 80's and 90's on this new record...is it time for the 00's? it would bring the circle together nicely, maybe as a hidden track if he wanted to stay clear of the Rudebox vibe

+Quote Post
Sparkle
post Oct 7 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 518

QUOTE(jay727 @ Oct 5 2011, 11:10 PM) *
It has been confirmed that Rob will do this record and then rejoin the band again. It's all good! that way we get a Rob on new material every year solo or as part of TT

Im hoping for a continuation of the 2 Rudebox songs 80's and 90's on this new record...is it time for the 00's? it would bring the circle together nicely, maybe as a hidden track if he wanted to stay clear of the Rudebox vibe

Where has it been confirmed? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Oct 7 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #13

Dunno unsure.gif

Is anything ever 'confirmed' where Robbie is concerned though rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Sparkle
post Oct 7 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend

nope, very true

I think I'm the only Robbie fan that isn't keen on the 80's and 90's songs mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Oct 7 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #15

Yes, you are. I quite like them. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sparkle
post Oct 7 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend

I think they are boring mellow.gif

+Quote Post
checkers
post Oct 9 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/0...ctor?CMP=twt_gu

+Quote Post
checkers
post Oct 9 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/21490...ck-on-for-good/

+Quote Post
checkers
post Oct 21 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

It looks like Robbie's album will be released next autumn. I reckon another Take That (including Robbie) album for autumn 2013........

If you've been tuning in to Robbie's blogs you'll already know that he has been busy in his Los Angeles studio recording his new album.

Today, we're extremely excited to announce that the album is set to be released next year by Universal Music following a deal struck between the world’s leading record company and the most successful British male solo artist ever.

The new studio album, Robbie’s first since Reality Killed The Video Star in 2009 and his latest creative venture following his phenomenally successful reunion with Take That, is likely to be the most hotly-anticipated new release of 2012. It will be issued worldwide by Universal Music next Autumn.

“I'm really thrilled to be joining the Universal family at what I think is the most exciting time in my career," said Robbie.

Tim Clark, Director, ie:music Ltd, says, “This great new deal puts Robbie Williams firmly in control of his own destiny, but with the most muscular of partners."

"What a thrill this announcement is," said Chairman/CEO of Universal Music Group, Lucian Grainge. "To be working with Robbie and his team and to have the opportunity to support this incredible stage of his career makes life so exciting."

David Joseph, Universal Music UK chairman & CEO, says: “Having had the chance to listen to the music I’ve no doubt that Robbie is currently at his most creatively inspired. We are about to witness something very special.”

+Quote Post
Jupiter9
post Oct 21 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #20

Big news. I started a separate thread. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM