BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> pink flamingos
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mushymanrob
post 26th July 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

erm... that john waters film staring 'divine'

why did divine eat dog sh/it?

i cant realy see the point, it isnt art, it seemed to have no purpose, what sick fcuk thought that one up?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 26th July 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
im all clares!

warning...... this is pretty vile...

+Quote this post
russt68
post 26th July 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 213

they were making, at the time, what they wanted to be 'the most disgusting films in the world' and Waters gathered together a cast of ex-convicts, murderers, drag queens, freaks and misfits... as well as some normal locals from Baltimore.

Pink Flamingos, and Hairspray, Polyester and Female Trouble are all fantastic, hilarious must-sees.

Waters is a genius film maker IMO.... but apparently Divine caught worms after doing that scene sick2.gif

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 26th July 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
im all clares!

..... but i cant fathom why

surely they could have substituted it .... it didnt have to be real.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 26th July 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Jul 26 2006, 06:25 PM) *

..... but i cant fathom why

surely they could have substituted it .... it didnt have to be real.

Of course it had to be real, like Russ said, the intent was to be as extreme as you could possibly be, what the hell could be more extreme and transgressive than someone eating a dog turd....? laugh.gif You also have to look to the historical and political context, the social and political upheavals that were taking place in the US in the early 70s...

If you ask me, this sort of sheer fearlessness and extremity is something totally missing from today's film-making. We need more film-makers with these sort of big brass balls willing to take risks....

The only thing comparable to this is coming from extreme Japanese film-makers like Takeshi Kitano and Miike Takashi....

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 26th July 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
im all clares!

still it doesnt answer the question why.

to shock?... great it did that, im shocked! but divine ATE A FUKKIN DOG TURD!

now im over it, but (if he were still alive), still have 'dog turd eater' on his cv... i just dont see the reason for it. i wouldnt eat a dog turd for arts sake, a couple of million though might persuade me...lol.. but not for 'fun'.

+Quote this post
russt68
post 26th July 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Waters aim was to make disgusting films for disgusting people.... he did - I love them!
Divine.... love the films he made with Waters. And Edith Massey, too, who Waters met on the day of her release from prison for stabbing her abusive husband to death... great lady.

After the Waters movies, Edith carved quite a career singing round the clubs... she had err... a unique voice... have a listen:
http://homepage.mac.com/olliewagner/dreaml...y-Big_Girls.mp3

here's the fine lady herself - especially for you, Rob.... I just KNOW you're gonna love her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs51FCwyMV0

This post has been edited by russt68: 26th July 2006, 07:10 PM

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th July 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(russt68 @ Jul 26 2006, 06:07 PM) *

Waters is a genius film maker IMO.... but apparently Divine caught worms after doing that scene sick2.gif

i thought the dog was checked for worms and got the all clear before that scene happened. i think thats what they said in that itv4 midnight movie documentary the other week.
was one of the 50 films you have to see b4 you die on c4

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th July 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Jul 26 2006, 05:53 PM) *

i cant realy see the point, it isnt art, it seemed to have no purpose, what sick fcuk thought that one up?

this one:

IPB Image

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th July 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(russt68 @ Jul 26 2006, 06:07 PM) *

they were making, at the time, what they wanted to be 'the most disgusting films in the world' and Waters gathered together a cast of ex-convicts, murderers, drag queens, freaks and misfits... as well as some normal locals from Baltimore.

no its not the film that is most disgusting films in the world it the people in the film, it is like a competition to find the most disgusting people in the world. thats kind of the plot, a bit like a 1970s America's Got Talent!!!

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th July 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jul 26 2006, 06:42 PM) *

Of course it had to be real, like Russ said, the intent was to be as extreme as you could possibly be, what the hell could be more extreme and transgressive than someone eating a dog turd....? laugh.gif

If you ask me, this sort of sheer fearlessness and extremity is something totally missing from today's film-making. We need more film-makers with these sort of big brass balls willing to take risks....

however as eating dog turds is funny these days

IPB Image

(even tho not a real one laugh.gif) suppose to win the most disgusting human being on earth you would have to have to eat a dog turd thats already gone through a big fat drag queen first?

however a bb contestant would still win the prize laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 27th July 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #12
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(russt68 @ Jul 26 2006, 08:11 PM) *

Waters aim was to make disgusting films for disgusting people.... he did - I love them!
Divine.... love the films he made with Waters. And Edith Massey, too, who Waters met on the day of her release from prison for stabbing her abusive husband to death... great lady.

After the Waters movies, Edith carved quite a career singing round the clubs... she had err... a unique voice... have a listen:
http://homepage.mac.com/olliewagner/dreaml...y-Big_Girls.mp3

here's the fine lady herself - especially for you, Rob.... I just KNOW you're gonna love her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs51FCwyMV0

........ just about as vile as a human being can get.. lol.

+Quote this post
MDNA2012
post 27th July 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Pronouns:
User: 748

Divine was brilliant! Hairpsray and Pink Flamingo's are FAB and after reading this thred Im gonna go to my room and blast "you think your a man" and "Im so beautifull" lol

+Quote this post
russt68
post 28th July 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tigerboy @ Jul 27 2006, 11:02 AM) *

i thought the dog was checked for worms and got the all clear before that scene happened. i think thats what they said in that itv4 midnight movie documentary the other week.
was one of the 50 films you have to see b4 you die on c4

read the Divine biog 'Not Simply Divine' by his ex manager Bernard Jay - superb read.... the dog turd incident is covered in that... including Divine getting worms bleurghhh....

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 03:47 AM