BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ruggero Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust, Turtle powered!!!
Rating 4 V
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tom Araya
post 27th June 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I like The Dooleys :) like father like son...
User: 100

is Cannaibal Holocaust worth getting for £15.99? it's the 25th anniversary special edition thingy one.....
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Grand Rapids
post 27th June 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
pumpkin seeds
User: 418

eeeeeeeew
that is one gross film......!
you better not be planning to make me watch it
lmao
this is one film i knew previously

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 27th June 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon

QUOTE(Grand Rapids @ Jun 27 2006, 08:56 PM) *

eeeeeeeew
that is one gross film......!
you better not be planning to make me watch it
lmao
this is one film i knew previously

No i'm not planning on makking you watch it, so you can rest your pretty head tongue.gif i just want to see what the big fuss is about for myself, and being a gore fan then this seems to be the film for me.

+Quote this post
Grand Rapids
post 27th June 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
pumpkin seeds

*sniff*
you mentally disturbed boy tongue.gif
well
as long as i'm the girl for you then i ain't bothered
providing i don't watch the film
i like gore
but not cannibilism gore
taht's different

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 27th June 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(Grand Rapids @ Jun 27 2006, 09:37 PM) *

*sniff*
you mentally disturbed boy tongue.gif
well
as long as i'm the girl for you then i ain't bothered
providing i don't watch the film
i like gore
but not cannibilism gore
taht's different

ohmy.gif
i'm not mentally disturbed thank you tongue.gif !!!!!!!
and you are the girl for me happy.gif
lol it maybe cannibal gore but it's a film! silly, why should it be different from that expolding head i showed you in Dawn Of The Dead? tongue.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Grand Rapids
post 27th June 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
pumpkin seeds

because
it's different
you know zombie's aren't going to jump out at you when you're going for a stroll in the graveyard
but cannibilism
the evil is the humans, therefore it's alll around us,and in each of us - and is one hell of a lot more believable because of that.

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 27th June 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Grand Rapids @ Jun 27 2006, 09:46 PM) *

because
it's different
you know zombie's aren't going to jump out at you when you're going for a stroll in the graveyard
but cannibilism
the evil is the humans, therefore it's alll around us,and in each of us - and is one hell of a lot more believable because of that.

LMAO, but your not going to be attacked by cannibals on your wa home are you? tongue.gif
and it's set in South America, thousands of miles away. silly tongue.gif

love you though wub.gif

+Quote this post
Grand Rapids
post 27th June 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #8
Group icon
pumpkin seeds

lmao
ok ok ok
i'll remind of you of this in time when..
um
i find your half eaten corpse?
hmm
maybe not

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 27th June 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(Grand Rapids @ Jun 27 2006, 09:51 PM) *

lmao
ok ok ok
i'll remind of you of this in time when..
um
i find your half eaten corpse?
hmm
maybe not

LMAO
weirdo tongue.gif
but my weirdo wub.gif

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(John @ Jun 27 2006, 08:24 PM) *

is Cannaibal Holocaust worth getting for £15.99? it's the 25th anniversary special edition thingy one.....

Not at all, you want the aussie edition which i believe is the same version as the american grindhouse release. its the version that i have bought. however cant remember if its pal or ntsc (like the hard-fi disc)

http://www9.cd-wow.com/index_2.php

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th June 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(John @ Jun 27 2006, 08:24 PM) *

ps avoid like the flu if its got a bbfc rating or on vipco

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 28th June 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #12
Group icon

QUOTE(tigerboy @ Jun 28 2006, 11:08 AM) *

Not at all, you want the aussie edition which i believe is the same version as the american grindhouse release. its the version that i have bought. however cant remember if its pal or ntsc (like the hard-fi disc)

http://www9.cd-wow.com/index_2.php

Is it region 2?

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th June 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(John @ Jun 28 2006, 12:11 PM) *

Is it region 2?

you'll have to click the link to find out. got axelmusic up at the moment and it takes ages for cd-wow to load up on my system here. quicker for you to find out.

if its aussie most probs its r2+4. a lot of discs are these days

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 28th June 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(tigerboy @ Jun 28 2006, 12:35 PM) *

you'll have to click the link to find out.

The site doesn't have it......

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th June 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(John @ Jun 28 2006, 04:21 PM) *

should do. might be multi then

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th June 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon

QUOTE(John @ Jun 28 2006, 04:21 PM) *

oh if you were asking bout the dvd and not the region its in multiregion list as its aussie. also you can link up to the aussie site.

dvdcrave another alrighty one

+Quote this post
JDL
post 3rd July 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Self-announced c*nt - Just don't bother.
User: 391

It'll be the highly edited version, so there's no point...

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 3rd July 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(JDL @ Jul 3 2006, 03:34 PM) *

It'll be the highly edited version, so there's no point...

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Those who filmed it were devoured alive by cannibals!
Director: Ruggero Deodato

OVERALL: Draw

R0 America - (Cult Epics)
R0 CE America - (Grindhouse Releasing - 25th Anniversary Edition)
R0 CE Australia - (Siren Visual Entertainment)
R0 Holland - (EC Entertainment - remastered)
R2 CE France - (Opening/Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment)
R2 Germany - (Laser Paradise)
R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment)
R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment - Ultrabit)
R2 Italy - (Mondo/Alan Young Pictures)
R2 Japan - (Spike Adventure)
R2 Spain - (Manga)
R2 United Kingdom - (Vipco)
R3 Thailand - (Mangpong)

R0 America - (Cult Epics)
Extras:Theatrical trailer
Subtitles:English and Thai
Picture format:1.66:1 Non-Anamorphic
NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Thai Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Case type:Amaray (Keep)
CaseNotes:Bad audio. Sounds like metallic echo.

R0 CE America - (Grindhouse Releasing - 25th Anniversary Edition)
Extras:DISC 1
*The film (3 playback versions):
-"Uncut theatrical version" (96:28 min, with "Grindhouse intro" - NTSC)
-"Animal Cruelty-Free" version (90:21 min - the movie plays as normal until just before a scene of animal cruelty is depicted. There is a slight pause, and then the movie resumes after the conclusion of the scene)
-"On Camera Commentary" version (A small skull appears periodically in bottom right hand corner, and this allows access to a video segment of director Ruggero Deodato and actor Robert Kerman discussing that part of the movie as they are watching it)
Audio commentary with director Ruggero Deodato and actor Robert Kerman
Inside the Green Inferno:
-"The Filmmakers": Biographies of the characters Alan Yates, Jack Anders, Fay Daniels, Mark Tomaso, and Felipe Ocanya as played in the film
-"The Search Team": Biographies of the characters Dr Harold Monroe, Chacko Losojos, and Miguel Lujan as played in the film
-"The Cannibal Tribes": Information about the three Cannibal tribes, The Yacumos, The Shamatari and The Yanomano as portrayed in the film
-The New Findings: (photo gallery) - Alan Yates' 16mm film camera carrying case / Alan Yates' 16mm camera / Movie editing table in Alan Yates' Greenwich Village studio with footage from documentary "Mondo Uganda" / "Green Inferno" 16mm film negative rescued from the Yanomamo by Dr Harold Monroe / George Zeter, cameraman of the ill-fated documentary crew which ventured into the "Green Inferno" in 1967 / Pan American Broadcasting projectionist John K Kirov / Recent photo of Dr Harold Monroe and an "unidentified anthropology student"
-"The Last Road to Hell" (Alternate version): Various explanations of the mystery of the alternate cuts of the "Last Road to Hell" film-within-the-film viewed by Prfessor Monroe, with the alternate cut.
-DVD-ROM feature: The Original Shooting Script (via Adobe Acrobat and Web browser - PC or Mac), "Script Guide", and Web link.
Trailers:
-Italian trailer
-International trailer
-US original trailer
-US re-release trailer
-German trailer

DISC 2
"In the Jungle: The Making-Of Cannibal Holocaust AKA Nella Giungla" -documentary (63:03 min - in Italian, with "forced" English subtitles):
-The Production
-Filming
-The Music of the Cannibals
-Deodato, King of the Indians
-Banned! Censorship
-Today
-End Credits
Interviews:
-Robert Kerman Exposed (New York November 13, 2000 - in English, 35:35 min)
-Riz Ortolani: Composer (Rome April 15, 2003 - in Italian, with "forced" English subtitles, 4:58 min)
-Alan Yates Uncovered (Palo Alto May 16, 2005 - in English, 51:13 min)
Music video: "Necrophagia: Cannibal Holocaust" (directed by Jim Van Bebber - 6:51 min)
Photo galleries (9:46 min):
-Production stills
-Behind The Scenes
-Publicity materials
-Mondo Cannibal
Cast & crew biographies and filmographies:
-Ruggero Deodato biography & filmography (by Chris Innis)
-Robert Kerman biography & filmography (by David Szulkin)
-Gabriel Yorke filmography
Bonus trailers: "Cannibal Ferox", "The Tough Ones", "The Beyond", "Cat in the Brain", "I Drink Your Blood", "Scum of the Earth", "Gone with the Pope"
Booklet with liner notes in English (by Chas Balun) and Thai mini-poster and original Italian fold-out-posterSubtitles:No (see notes)
Picture format:1.85:1 Anamorphic
NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 surround
English Dolby Digital 2.0 monoCase type:2-Disc
Digi-PackNotes:
Custom 2-disc Digi-pack, and comes in a Slip case (limited to 11,111 copies). Note, that "limited" pressing is now OOP, and the "2nd pressing" is in 2-disc Keep case (it retains all of the features). There are "forced" English subtitles in scenes where a language other than English is spoken. Interlaced transfer.Easter eggs:(Disc 1)
1) Choose Playback Options, go down to Animal Cruelty-Free version, press enter. Press left once and a skull appears. Press enter one more time. It shows a discussion between Deodato and Kerman (1:38 min).
2) Choose Audio Options, press up once so that Commentary is highlighted, press left once. A skull appears, press enter. Another discussion is shown between Deodato and Kerman (3:50 min).
(Disc 2)
3) When you're in the Main menu, press left five times, a skull appears. Press it. A 8:45 min sequence from Cult-Con 2000 (Tarrytown, New York, November 11, 2000) is shown.
4) Choose Interviews, press left three times, a skull appears and press enter. It shows Bob Murawski and Sage Stallone "searching" for Carl Gabriel York who played Alan Yates.
5) Choose DVD Credits, go to the last page, press down once and a skull appears, press enter. Cannibal Holocaust Grindhouse Re-Release World Premiere (June 29, 2001) is shown (9:12 min).
6) Choose Biographies, select Ruggero Deodato Filmography,press left once and press down once. Ruggero is walking in a hotel looking for some apple pie (2:15 min).
7) Choose Robert Kerman Biography, press right 10 times until a poster for "Debbie Does Dallas" appears. Press down once. A trailer for the movie will be started (2:11 min).
8) Ruggero Deodato Filmography: Bonus trailers for "Ultimo mondo cannibale" and "La Casa sperduta nel parco".
9) Robert Kerman Filmography: Bonus trailers for "Mangiati vivi" and "Cannibal ferox".

R0 CE Australia - (Siren Visual Entertainment)

*The film (3 playback versions):
-"Uncut theatrical version" (96:28 min, with "Grindhouse intro" - NTSC)
-"Animal Cruelty-Free" version (90:21 min - the movie plays as normal until just before a scene of animal cruelty is depicted. There is a slight pause, and then the movie resumes after the conclusion of the scene)
-"On Camera Commentary" version (A small skull appears periodically in bottom right hand corner, and this allows access to a video segment of director Ruggero Deodato and actor Robert Kerman discussing that part of the movie as they are watching it)
Audio commentary with director Ruggero Deodato and actor Robert Kerman
Inside the Green Inferno:
-"The Filmmakers": Biographies of the characters Alan Yates, Jack Anders, Fay Daniels, Mark Tomaso, and Felipe Ocanya as played in the film
-"The Search Team": Biographies of the characters Dr Harold Monroe, Chacko Losojos, and Miguel Lujan as played in the film
-"The Cannibal Tribes": Information about the three Cannibal tribes, The Yacumos, The Shamatari and The Yanomano as portrayed in the film
-The New Findings: (photo gallery) - Alan Yates' 16mm film camera carrying case / Alan Yates' 16mm camera / Movie editing table in Alan Yates' Greenwich Village studio with footage from documentary "Mondo Uganda" / "Green Inferno" 16mm film negative rescued from the Yanomamo by Dr Harold Monroe / George Zeter, cameraman of the ill-fated documentary crew which ventured into the "Green Inferno" in 1967 / Pan American Broadcasting projectionist John K Kirov / Recent photo of Dr Harold Monroe and an "unidentified anthropology student"
-"The Last Road to Hell" (Alternate version): Various explanations of the mystery of the alternate cuts of the "Last Road to Hell" film-within-the-film viewed by Prfessor Monroe, with the alternate cut.
-DVD-ROM feature: The Original Shooting Script (via Adobe Acrobat and Web browser - PC or Mac), "Script Guide", and Web link.
Trailers:
-Italian trailer
-International trailer
-US original trailer
-US re-release trailer
-German trailer

DISC 2
"In the Jungle: The Making-Of Cannibal Holocaust AKA Nella Giungla" -documentary (63:03 min - in Italian, with "forced" English subtitles):
-The Production
-Filming
-The Music of the Cannibals
-Deodato, King of the Indians
-Banned! Censorship
-Today
-End Credits
Interviews:
-Robert Kerman Exposed (New York November 13, 2000 - in English, 35:35 min)
-Riz Ortolani: Composer (Rome April 15, 2003 - in Italian, with "forced" English subtitles, 4:58 min)
-Alan Yates Uncovered (Palo Alto May 16, 2005 - in English, 51:13 min)
Music video: "Necrophagia: Cannibal Holocaust" (directed by Jim Van Bebber - 6:51 min)
Photo galleries (9:46 min):
-Production stills
-Behind The Scenes
-Publicity materials
-Mondo Cannibal
Cast & crew biographies and filmographies:
-Ruggero Deodato biography & filmography (by Chris Innis)
-Robert Kerman biography & filmography (by David Szulkin)
-Gabriel Yorke filmography
Bonus trailers: "Cannibal Ferox", "The Tough Ones", "The Beyond", "Cat in the Brain", "I Drink Your Blood", "Scum of the Earth", "Gone with the Pope"Subtitles:No (see notes)
NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 surround
English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Case type:2-Disc Amaray (Keep)
CaseNotes:"Deluxe Collector´s Edition". Comes with Slip case. There are "forced" English subtitles in scenes where a language other than English is spoken.Easter eggs:(Disc 1)
1) Choose Playback Options, go down to Animal Cruelty-Free version, press enter. Press left once and a skull appears. Press enter one more time. It shows a discussion between Deodato and Kerman (1:38 min).
2) Choose Audio Options, press up once so that Commentary is highlighted, press left once. A skull appears, press enter. Another discussion is shown between Deodato and Kerman (3:50 min).

(Disc 2)
3) When you're in the Main menu, press left five times, a skull appears. Press it. A 8:45 min sequence from Cult-Con 2000 (Tarrytown, New York, November 11, 2000) is shown.
4) Choose Interviews, press left three times, a skull appears and press enter. It shows Bob Murawski and Sage Stallone "searching" for Carl Gabriel York who played Alan Yates.
5) Choose DVD Credits, go to the last page, press down once and a skull appears, press enter. Cannibal Holocaust Grindhouse Re-Release World Premiere (June 29, 2001) is shown (9:12 min).
6) Choose Biographies, select Ruggero Deodato Filmography,press left once and press down once. Ruggero is walking in a hotel looking for some apple pie (2:15 min).
7) Choose Robert Kerman Biography, press right 10 times until a poster for "Debbie Does Dallas" appears. Press down once. A trailer for the movie will be started (2:11 min).
8) Ruggero Deodato Filmography: Bonus trailers for "Ultimo mondo cannibale" and "La Casa sperduta nel parco".
9) Robert Kerman Filmography: Bonus trailers for "Mangiati vivi" and "Cannibal ferox". Special thanks to Rewind user Iceman654 for providing these specifications.

R0 Holland - (EC Entertainment - remastered)
Extras:2 interviews with director Ruggero Deodato
Cast and crew biographies
Cast and crew filmographies
Still and artwork gallery
German trailer
US trailer
Collectible bookletSubtitles:Dutch and English
NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital Mono
Case type:Amaray
CaseNotes:
This is the "re-mastered print" or second pressing, which has a correct aspect ratio, and new anamorphic transfer from the negatives. However, a short 3 seconds shot from "The Road To Hell" sequence is MISSING from this print (by print damage apparently).
This is now coded as R0, and known as "Deluxe Collector's Edition" (with "black skull cover").
Thanks to Terry-UK and DAT500 for these specs.

R2 CE France - (Opening/Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment)
*The Film
DISC 2
"In the Jungle: The Making-Of Cannibal Holocaust AKA Nella Giungla" -documentary (in Italian - with French subtitles - 61 min)
Interview with journalist Julien Sévéon (12:40 min)
Scenes that were cut from the French-version (6:38 min)
Press conference with director Ruggero Deodato (21:44 min)
Photo gallery
Theatrical trailer
Biography of director Ruggero Deodato
Subtitles:French
PAL Soundtrack(s):Italian Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Dual Mono
French Dolby Digital 2.0 Dual MonoCase type:2-Disc Amaray (Keep) Case

R2 Germany - (Laser Paradise)

Extras:Theatrical trailersPicture format:1.66:1
Non-Anamorphic
PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
German Dolby Digital 2.0 monoCase type:Amaray CaseNotes:German title - "Nackt und Zerfleischt - Red Edition". Special thanks to Rewind user Electricboy for providing these specifications.

R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment)

Cast and crew biographies
Cast and crew filmographies
Still and artwork gallery
German trailer
US trailer
Collectible bookletSubtitles:Dutch and EnglishPicture format:1.66:1 Non-Anamorphic NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital MonoCase type:Amaray CaseNotes:(1st print), known as "Deluxe Widescreen Edition" (with the "green cover with the drawing").
This is the "1st print", which has an incorrect aspect ratio, and non-anamorphic transfer. This version INCLUDES the short 3 seconds shot from "The Road To Hell" sequence. Thanks to DAT500 for these specs.
Return to top of pageFor Home Cinema equipment at prices up to 40% cheaper than the high street,
go to Empire Direct and Hifi Bitz and help support Rewind

R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment - Ultrabit)
Cast and crew biographies and filmographies
Still and artwork gallery (fully scored)
German trailer
US trailer
Bonus trailer
Collectible bookletSubtitles:Dutch and EnglishPicture format:1.85:1 Anamorphic PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 monoCase type:Amaray (Keep) CaseNotes:2-disc limited "Ultrabit" edtion, with slipcase (4000 numbered copies). The extras are basically the same as in "remastered" EC Entertainment edition, but the still gallery has been extended, there´s an additional 3rd trailer, and Ruggero Deodato at Eurofest is 6 minutes longer than before. The film is completely remastered, from original 35mm negatives (original Italian version, with all the titles, credits and on-screen captions in Italian).
Return to top of pageFor Home Cinema equipment at prices up to 40% cheaper than the high street,
go to Empire Direct and Hifi Bitz and help support Rewind

R2 Italy - (Mondo/Alan Young Pictures)
Commentaries:Audio commentary by the director Ruggero Deodato moderated by film critic Giona Nazzaro and screenwriter/film critic Antonio Tentori (in Italian) Extras:"In the Jungle: The Making-Of Cannibal Holocaust AKA Nella Giungla" -documentary (in Italian - no subtitles - 61 min)
"DVD Holocaust - The Making Of The DVD" (3 min)
Isolated music score from the OST
Photo galleries:
-Stills (60 stills)
-Gallery of artworks from all around the world
-Japanese Pressbook
Theatrical trailers (Italian, International & USA)
Radio spot
Cast & crew filmographies and biographiesSubtitles:Italian ("forced" with English track)Picture format:1.85:1 Anamorphic PAL Soundtrack(s):Italian (remix) Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital Mono
Italian Dolby Digital Mono
Case type:Amaray (Keep)
CaseNotes:
The 5.1 track is a true remix of the separated dialogue, music and effects using the original 35mm 3 tracks magnetic. At the point in the film, where the few seconds are missing ("The Last Road to Hell"), there is a very slight "jump" in picture and audio. This release includes a brand new digital transfer of the original uncut negative restored by the LVR Studios in Rome and supervised by the director. It appears that the disc may in fact be Region 0.
The extra-material has no English subtitles. Special thanks to Rewind user Electricboy for providing these specifications.

R2 Japan - (Spike Adventure) Extras:Theatrical trailerSubtitles:JapanesePicture format:1.66:1 Non-Anamorphic NTSC Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital MonoCase type:Amaray CaseNotes:Also available in 4 pack with "Mangiati Vivi! (Eaten Alive)", "La Montagna del Dio Cannibale (Slave of the Cannibal God)" and "Nudo e Selvaggio (Massacre in Dinosaur Valley)".
Also available in "Ruggero Deodato's Cannibal Movies 2 Pack" with "Ultimo Mondo Cannibale (The Last Cannibal World)".
Thanks to electricboy for these specs.

R2 Spain - (Manga)
Extras:Production notes
Cast and crew biographiesSubtitles:SpanishPicture format:1.75:1 Non-Anamorphic PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish Dolby Digital MonoCase type:Amaray Case Special thanks to Rewind user Electricboy for providing these specifications.

R2 United Kingdom - (Vipco) cry.gif
extras:Photo gallery
Theatrical trailers
Subtitles:English
Picture format:4:3 Non-Anamorphic
PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital Mono
Case type:Amaray Case

R3 Thailand - (Mangpong)
Extras:Theatrical trailer
Subtitles:English and Thai
Picture format:1.66:1 Non-Anamorphic
PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Thai Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
Case type:Amaray Case Special
thanks to Rewind user Terry-UK for providing these specifications.

OVERALL: Draw

R0 US "25th Anniversary Edition" (from "Grindhouse") and R0 Australian CE have the best set of extra features, and "In The Jungle"-documentary is English friendly. Transfer is also taken from the original negatives. The film is missing a few seconds from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence, but this footage was not in the original negatives. It seems that both releases are identical, so Australian-release is also NTSC.

If you´re a true fan..
-R2 Italian -release has Italian 5.1 sound (no English subtitles), exclusive audio commentary (no English subtitles), and a few exclusive extra-features (at least "Isolated music score").
-R2 Dutch EC Entertainment "Ultrabit"-release has the longest edition of the film (with full "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence).
-R2 French CE -release has a few extras, but no English subtitles.
CUTS:
R0 America - (Cult Epics) - No censor cuts (91:46 - NTSC), but the scene where Monroe plays the tape recorder, and the tribe goes into ecstasy and the guide tells Monroe: ”You did it God damnit! They’ve just invited us to dinner!”. There’s an added second where Monroe responds ”What?”.
R0 CE America - (Grindhouse Releasing - 25th Anniversary Edition) - No censor cuts (96:28 min, with the 56 sec intro message from Grindhouse - NTSC), but there are about 10 seconds of footage missing from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence (this footage was missing from the original negatives, that Grindhouse used). "The Last Road to Hell" is comprised of footage from a "previous documentary" from the filmmakers, that are lost in the jungle. The footage is brief and consists of some mondo footage, people being executed etc. There are 3 cuts, about 10 seconds in total, all from the "Last Road To Hell" sequence (around 40-45 mins into the movie):
-Scene showing an execution is missing.
-Scene showing an executed, hooded prisoner is missing.
-Scene showing executed prisoners being loaded on a truck (this scene is included, but shortened a few seconds in the end).
R0 CE Australia - (Siren Visual Entertainment) - No censor cuts (96:28 min, with the 56 sec intro message from Grindhouse - NTSC), but there are about 10 seconds of footage missing from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence (this footage was missing from the original negatives, that Grindhouse used). "The Last Road to Hell" is comprised of footage from a "previous documentary" from the filmmakers, that are lost in the jungle. The footage is brief and consists of some mondo footage, people being executed etc. There are 3 cuts, about 10 seconds in total, all from the "Last Road To Hell" sequence (around 40-45 mins into the movie):
-Scene showing executed prisoners being loaded on a truck (this scene is included, but shortened a few seconds in the end).
R0 Holland - (EC Entertainment - remastered) - (EC Entertainment - remastered) - No censor cuts, but there are about 10 seconds of footage missing from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence (apparently due to print damage). "The Last Road to Hell" is comprised of footage from a "previous documentary" from the filmmakers, that are lost in the jungle. The footage is brief and consists of some mondo footage, people being executed etc. There are 3 cuts, about 10 seconds in total, all from the "Last Road To Hell" sequence (around 40-45 mins into the movie):
R2 CE France - (Opening/Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment) - No censor cuts, but there are about 10 seconds of footage missing from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence (apparently due to print damage). "The Last Road to Hell" is comprised of footage from a "previous documentary" from the filmmakers, that are lost in the jungle. The footage is brief and consists of some mondo footage, people being executed etc. There are 3 cuts, about 10 seconds in total, all from the "Last Road To Hell" sequence (around 40-45 mins into the movie):
R2 Germany - (Laser Paradise) - No censor cuts, but the scene where monroe plays the tape recorder, and the tribe goes into ecstasy and the guide tells Monroe: "You did it God damnit! They´ve just invited us to dinner!". There's an added second where Monroe responds "What?".
R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment) - (EC Entertainment - Original) - No censor cuts, but the scene where monroe plays the tape recorder, and the tribe goes into ecstasy and the guide tells Monroe: "You did it God damnit! They´ve just invited us to dinner!". There's an added second where Monroe responds "What?".
R2 Holland - (EC Entertainment - Ultrabit) - (EC Entertainment - Ultrabit) - This is the longest edition of the film ever released on DVD or Laserdisc. It includes 3 small cuts missing from the Italian DVD and the remastered EC Entertainment DVD, and 1 cut which is missing from the German DVD, Cult epics VHS/Laserdisc, and the first EC Entertainment DVD.
R2 Italy - (Mondo/Alan Young Pictures) - No censor cuts, but there are about 10 seconds of footage missing from "The Last Road to Hell" -sequence (apparently due to print damage). "The Last Road to Hell" is comprised of footage from a "previous documentary" from the filmmakers, that are lost in the jungle. The footage is brief and consists of some mondo footage, people being executed etc. There are 3 cuts, about 10 seconds in total, all from the "Last Road To Hell" sequence (around 40-45 mins into the movie):
R2 Japan - (Spike Adventure) - Unknown cut-status.
R2 Spain - (Manga) - Unknown cut-status.
R2 United Kingdom - (Vipco) - Yes - 5:44 min of cuts, they are as follows (content of an adult nature, continue at your own will) - - -

The BBFC passed off the extensive cuts list with the comment: Cuts required to scenes involving real cruelty to animals and to eroticised sexual violence:
-The killing of a muskrat has been deleted.
-Our intrepid adventurers witness the riverside murder and mutilation of a woman presumably by her husband. We don't get to witness:
-The girl being dragged through the mud and having her legs forced apart.
-The girl struggling and being raped with a wooden dildo.
-The man raising a mudball with spikes and the subsequent shot of genital mutilation.
The following has also been cut:
-Another woman getting raped on the river bank has been removed.
-The disembowelling of a giant turtle has been predictably deleted.
-A monkey gets his head sliced open and its blood is drained into a bowl.
-The kicking of a tethered pig has been removed.
-The rape one of the adventurers by her companians has been reduced.
-The cannibals eventually overpower the adventurers.
-The woman in the party gets stripped and raped.
-The womans death scene is missing nudity shots.
R3 Thailand - (Mangpong) - Unknown cut-status.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 28th July 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #19
Group icon

watched it tonight.

bet the missing material is the turtle part when it gets it's head chopped off and its shell hacked into. all its wiggly insides, very disgusting and pukemaking sick2.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 29th July 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

On no account buy the UK version of it...

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 03:00 AM