BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor: Celebrity, Autumn 2019 | ITV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 11th June 2019, 03:11 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

How is the Celebrity series going to work exactly?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 11th June 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Megan Mckenna woud be amazing on it tbh, she has a great voice.

No way in hell would Alexandra do it though. She has hopefuly learned her lesson with that dance show. The public will never like her as a confident woman so she'll most ikely be out in like the 3rd show at best

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 11th June 2019, 03:25 PM
Post #23
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Who would your all star line-up if you had the choice of who you choose to go on the show?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th June 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Apparently Samira, Wes, Eyal and Zara from Love Island are gonna be on the Celeb one as a "supergroup" laugh.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 16th June 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #25
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Zara and Samira can actual sing

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd June 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Jenny from The Case and Victoria Ekanoye (Angie from Corrie) are also names being thrown about, the latter is random and kinda scraping the barrel but hype for Jenny *.*

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 24th June 2019, 12:15 AM
Post #27
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Yeah they've definitely mentioned before that Jennie can sing, should be good.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th June 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

She definitely can going by Let's Sing And Dance For Comic Relief when she did Somewhere Over The Rainbow, great voice!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 8th July 2019, 12:24 AM
Post #29
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Is it just me finding it a bit awkward that Nicole's going to be 'judging' (whatever that term will come to mean in All Stars) contestants that have gone on to have careers either on a similar level or greater than she has? laugh.gif Having said that she was one of my favourite judges so it'll be good to have her back on the panel. I'm assuming Sharon definitely wouldn't come back and Cheryl probably declined due to life commitments, etc?

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 8th July 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jul 8 2019, 11:49 AM) *
I imagine Steve Brookestein and Leon Jackson will decline

I doubt they were even asked if they wanted to come back. Simon likes to pretend they never won The X Factor or that they even exist.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 8th July 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #31
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(Calum @ Jul 8 2019, 01:24 AM) *
Is it just me finding it a bit awkward that Nicole's going to be 'judging' (whatever that term will come to mean in All Stars) contestants that have gone on to have careers either on a similar level or greater than she has? laugh.gif Having said that she was one of my favourite judges so it'll be good to have her back on the panel. I'm assuming Sharon definitely wouldn't come back and Cheryl probably declined due to life commitments, etc?

Nicole is doing the Celebrity version and the All Stars third judge is yet to be announced.

+Quote this post
kye
post 8th July 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #32
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

yes, it’s just you - mainly because it’s untrue.
ever heard of the pussycat dolls? 54 million records may be what all of the x factor winners may have sold combined x

also, she’s an amazing judge. not just on the x factor, she’s on the masked singer + australia’s got talent. plus, she was discovered on a reality tv show + turned it into a hugely successful career. she’s more than earned her seat.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 9th July 2019, 04:08 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(kye @ Jul 8 2019, 10:42 PM) *
ever heard of the pussycat dolls? 54 million records may be what all of the x factor winners may have sold combined x

also, she’s an amazing judge. not just on the x factor, she’s on the masked singer + australia’s got talent. plus, she was discovered on a reality tv show + turned it into a hugely successful career. she’s more than earned her seat.

While I agree with you about Nicole, you could argue that Leona Lewis has achieved a US #1 album and single something that Nicole has never achieved, and from a UK perspective the likes of Leona, JLS, One Direction (on a worldwide scale too with them), Little Mix, Alexandra Burke... all had more success than Nicole as a solo artist and in some cases with PCD...

+Quote this post
kye
post 9th July 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #34
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 9 2019, 05:08 PM) *
While I agree with you about Nicole, you could argue that Leona Lewis has achieved a US #1 album and single something that Nicole has never achieved, and from a UK perspective the likes of Leona, JLS, One Direction (on a worldwide scale too with them), Little Mix, Alexandra Burke... all had more success than Nicole as a solo artist and in some cases with PCD...

when it comes to winners, none of them have surpassed 54 million singles + albums. it will be more when nicole’s solo singles are added in sooo...

plus, pcd had 2 #1 singles + nicole has her own plus a string of top 5 hits.
it’s absurd to even suggest that her judging would be awkward because she’s “not as successful” as some x factor alumni.

This post has been edited by kye: 9th July 2019, 05:00 PM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 9th July 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(kye @ Jul 9 2019, 05:59 PM) *
when it comes to winners, none of them have surpassed 54 million singles + albums. it will be more when nicole’s solo singles are added in sooo...

plus, pcd had 2 #1 singles + nicole has her own plus a string of top 5 hits.
it’s absurd to even suggest that her judging would be awkward because she’s “not as successful” as some x factor alumni.

I totally agree that it is absurd to say it would be awkward, but it's not so absurd to say some of those acts have been just as big as her or bigger on a UK scale... Leona Lewis had more #1 albums and singles than PCD or Nicole, JLS had more #1 albums and singles, Little Mix have sold way more in the UK and again had more #1 albums and singles, so has Alexandra Burke etc...

+Quote this post
kye
post 9th July 2019, 08:50 PM
Post #36
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 9 2019, 08:50 PM) *
I totally agree that it is absurd to say it would be awkward, but it's not so absurd to say some of those acts have been just as big as her or bigger on a UK scale... Leona Lewis had more #1 albums and singles than PCD or Nicole, JLS had more #1 albums and singles, Little Mix have sold way more in the UK and again had more #1 albums and singles, so has Alexandra Burke etc...

but what nicole has that transcends the UK success that most of these acts have is that she achieved massive worldwide success. yes, leona (for a very short time) had some worldwide success but the fact that she’s going back to this show details exactly where she’s at with that now.

my point was that nicole not only has the hits and the numbers to back up her status as a judge, she’s a television personality + that sets her apart from most of the people she would be judging (if she was doing that show, she’s doing the celeb one anyway).

would it be “awkward” if Dannii Minogue was invited back because she hasn’t had anywhere near the success as a lot of them? it’s safe to say that most of the artists that feature as a judge on shows like this aren’t at the top of their musical game because they wouldn’t have the time to do it.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post 9th July 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348

Cheryl said a few weeks ago she'd be up for returning but The Sun reported because of her signing on for series 2 of The Greatest Dancer on BBC One it isn't possible, they are both made by Syco though so it would be cool if they did allow it but presumably the BBC would be against it.

QUOTE(kye @ Jul 8 2019, 10:42 PM) *

I mean Leona has sold over 30 Million records alone, then you take into acts like Little Mix who I believe are around 15 - 20 million, James Arthur will be getting up there now too.

I hope Nicole is doing the celeb show but I wouldn't want her on the All Stars because for me it also doesn't feel right, ideally it would be Sharon but I think she is done with X Factor for good.

This post has been edited by Dmdr: 9th July 2019, 10:41 PM

+Quote this post
kye
post 10th July 2019, 07:00 AM
Post #38
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Dmdr @ Jul 9 2019, 11:41 PM) *
I hope Nicole is doing the celeb show but I wouldn't want her on the All Stars because for me it also doesn't feel right, ideally it would be Sharon but I think she is done with X Factor for good.

how would you feel about Dannii Minogue doing the All Stars?

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 10th July 2019, 08:36 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(kye @ Jul 9 2019, 09:50 PM) *
but what nicole has that transcends the UK success that most of these acts have is that she achieved massive worldwide success. yes, leona (for a very short time) had some worldwide success but the fact that she’s going back to this show details exactly where she’s at with that now.

my point was that nicole not only has the hits and the numbers to back up her status as a judge, she’s a television personality + that sets her apart from most of the people she would be judging (if she was doing that show, she’s doing the celeb one anyway).

would it be “awkward” if Dannii Minogue was invited back because she hasn’t had anywhere near the success as a lot of them? it’s safe to say that most of the artists that feature as a judge on shows like this aren’t at the top of their musical game because they wouldn’t have the time to do it.

Yeah I actually agree I don’t think the success musically is relevant, I was simply saying I can see what they mean re success.

I would personally like Mel B to do the All stars and look at her solo success laugh.gif I do wonder if that is a reason for her staying in the U.K. to do one of Simon’s shows since she is now longer on AGT?

+Quote this post
kye
post 10th July 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #40
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

i’ve actually really grown to love mel b so i hope she does do it!

+Quote this post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:45 AM