BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Would your vote change in a different part of the UK?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 29th November 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 29 2017, 07:01 AM) *
That's not the judgement voters seem to have made last June.

It REALLY is. Labour won seats for the first time in centuries and increased its share by the largest since Atlee and had its biggest vite share since Blair. Tories onrly got in through Scottish nationalists and UKIP voters going to another far right party to leave the EU. The had the WHOLE MEDIA ESTABLISHMENT ON SIDE AND THEY STILL LOST! Now what does THAT tell you
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th November 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I don't disagree with any of that because... it's not refuting what I said? Just because someone can win with enough voters (obviously) doesn't mean that people bandying about the unelectable notion isn't the exact thing that the incumbent wants because it strengthens their status quo.

It's the same reason they, and Labour for that matter, won't touch electoral reform and as long as I stay where I live I'll be choosing between lab and lib rather than giving my vote to both as my true position is that I'd like to see elements of both those parties in government.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 29th November 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 29 2017, 03:06 PM) *
It REALLY is. Labour won seats for the first time in centuries and increased its share by the largest since Atlee and had its biggest vite share since Blair. Tories onrly got in through Scottish nationalists and UKIP voters going to another far right party to leave the EU. The had the WHOLE MEDIA ESTABLISHMENT ON SIDE AND THEY STILL LOST! Now what does THAT tell you

The judgement voters made is that they preferred even a tarnished Tory gov't, to a Labour government run by Corbyn.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 29th November 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 29 2017, 04:33 PM) *
The judgement voters made is that they preferred even a tarnished Tory gov't, to a Labour government run by Corbyn.

No, it is a media elite, bolstered by Scottish nationalists voting ANYTHING not SNP, plus anti democratic attacks on Corbyn, plus UKIPers joining he far right Tories, was STILL NOT EBOUGH!! The media elite were SHOCKED to rediscover that um actually the North East hates the Tories and refused to vote for them for example. In fact, even with ALL this for the awful Tories, Labour icreased its share by he largest amount since the 2WW AND the Tories did not win. They did. Not. Win. After all that.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 29th November 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 29 2017, 04:37 PM) *
No, it is a media elite, bolstered by Scottish nationalists voting ANYTHING not SNP, plus anti democratic attacks on Corbyn, plus UKIPers joining he far right Tories, was STILL NOT EBOUGH!! The media elite were SHOCKED to rediscover that um actually the North East hates the Tories and refused to vote for them for example. In fact, even with ALL this for the awful Tories, Labour icreased its share by he largest amount since the 2WW AND the Tories did not win. They did. Not. Win. After all that.

No-one disputes Labour improved their position, but the very fact that the Tories are still in government shows they *did* win, albeit not outright.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 29th November 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 29 2017, 05:22 PM) *
No-one disputes Labour improved their position, but the very fact that the Tories are still in government shows they *did* win, albeit not outright.

Which was a pretty dismal performance given their lead at the start of the campaign.

Most people take very little notice of politics from day to day. Before the campaign, most people will have kn own little about Jeremy Corbyn apart from the fact that most of the press (including the Guardian) didn't seem to like him very much. In the course of the campaign people gad more opportunity to make up their own minds. Rather a lot of people seemed to like what they saw.

I'm no great fan of Corbyn. While I agree with him on some things, I cannot offer my support to a leader whose policy on the EU can best be described as muddled.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th November 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 29 2017, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 29 2017, 04:37 PM) *

*Scottish Unionists.

There's a clue in the party names.

SNP
Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 30th November 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 29 2017, 05:22 PM) *

Soo they didn't win even with thr support of the ENTIRE establishment. Right.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 30th November 2017, 06:53 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 29 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Which was a pretty dismal performance given their lead at the start of the campaign.

Most people take very little notice of politics from day to day. Before the campaign, most people will have kn own little about Jeremy Corbyn apart from the fact that most of the press (including the Guardian) didn't seem to like him very much. In the course of the campaign people gad more opportunity to make up their own minds. Rather a lot of people seemed to like what they saw.

I'm no great fan of Corbyn. While I agree with him on some things, I cannot offer my support to a leader whose policy on the EU can best be described as muddled.

The poll lead made the Tories complacent - a mistake they certainly won't make again.

What the campaign really did was polarize the electorate - while some people warmed to Corbyn, many wavering Tories probably saw him as a real threat for the first time, which hardened up their support.

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 30 2017, 12:10 AM) *
Soo they didn't win even with thr support of the ENTIRE establishment. Right.

What point are you trying to make here? That if you wallow deep enough in denial, the result will change? rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:54 PM