BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lady Gaga receives ICON AWARD at Songwriters Hall of Fame
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post Apr 23 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
The 29-year-old pop superstar will receive the inaugural Contemporary Icon Award at the Songwriters Hall of Fame on June 19.

The award is to honor a performing songwriter "who has attained an iconic status in pop culture," according to a Thursday statement from the hall. Gaga has had a hand writing most of her hits, including "Poker Face," ''Applause" and "Just Dance".
Source

ONLY AN ICON

WHEN WILL KATY PERRY?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 23 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
*.*

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 24 2015, 08:02 AM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Apr 23 2015, 04:15 PM) *
WHEN WILL KATY PERRY?

7:56PM; July 15, 2017

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Apr 24 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Gaga clocking the Billboard article:
billboard ‏@billboard 10h10 hours ago
Lady Gaga will receive the inaugural Contemporary Icon Award at the Songwriters Hall of Fame: http://blbrd.cm/KEyYgc

‏@ladygaga
@billboard just one revision should be made to that article. I've had a hand in writing ALL my hits. A proud female songwriter!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 19 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
User: 13,007

She has received the award. An incredible accomplishment for her <3

However she says that she still feels "extremely unaccomplished as a songwriter"

She's no stranger to chart-topping hits and standing ovations for her work, but pop queen Lady Gaga claims writing songs has never been her forte.

The 29-year-old singer gave a candid speech about questioning her songwriting skills and finding her passion in the art after accepting the Contemporary Icon Award at the Songwriters Hall of Fame 46th Annual Induction and Awards gala on Thursday night in New York City.

The "Bad Romance" artist took the podium after Hall of Fame inductee Linda Perry performed a slowed-down version of Gaga's 2009 hit, an experience she called "something of a childhood dream."

"I was thinking while I was sitting there, and my mom was handing me napkins ... if they only knew how many bad songs I wrote before that good one," Gaga said, getting choked up.

"I feel that I have a lot of work to do, as personally, I feel extremely unaccomplished as a songwriter," she explained. "As my heroes have done some things that I can only dream of, I feel very in my infancy as a writer, and I think you for just ... at this point in my career, I've had some ups, I've had some downs, I've had some in-betweens – that you've chosen to honor me for the only thing I know I have, which is my heartbeat, which is that I write songs."

During her remarks, the songstress also thanked some of her icons, including Perry and her longtime friend Tony Bennett, who presented her with the award.

"I'm so grateful because [Tony is] always looking out for me. And I'm very honored that he was here tonight to present this award to me. And I'm very honored that Linda Perry was here, and I consider them to be true and two huge influences in my life that I hope anyone that's here that a true dream has been made come true because these artists supported another artist, and I'm very grateful that I'm here," Gaga said.

wub.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 19 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
What did she win for? Best Beetlejuice impersonation.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:00 PM