BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alexandra Burke - Overcome, SHE IS JESUS!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aidan
post Jun 2 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,246
   No Gallery Pics

Track List

1. Bad Boys
2. Goodnight Good Morning
3. Silence
4. All Night Long
5. Bury Me
6. Broken Heels
7. Dumb
8. Overcome
9. Gotta Go
10. You Broke My Heart
11. Nothing But The Girl
12. They Don't Know
13. Hallelujah

This post has been edited by Sabrina.: Oct 25 2010, 05:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joao.
post Jun 2 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,497

She has been Twittering like crazy over this album laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Jun 2 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #3
Robaaa
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Should be good biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Jun 2 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Im sure they will go all out with album as simon cowell will be hoping for another leona,i cant see her doing anywhere near as well as leona but if she records the right stuff and gets the right promo she could be the 2nd most successfull x factor winner.... personally im far more looking forward to Ruth Lorenzo;s debut album

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jun 3 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

QUOTE(Joao. @ Jun 2 2009, 07:03 PM) *
She has been Twittering like crazy over this album laugh.gif

I know! It's so cute when you see her get all starstruck by whats happening to her. wub.gif I can't wait for this album, from what I've heard it should be pretty good and I hope she gets huge success with it, she really deserves it.

+Quote Post
deltaofdreams
post Jun 3 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 4,407
   No Gallery Pics

Do remember, Alexandra has said numerous times on the show even if you had a quarter of Leona's sucsess, she would be a very happy person. I too am looking forward to Ruth's album. I am very surprised at JLS' debut single, "Beat Again" i think its very catchy and I ain't a massive fan of theirs but I do like it.

+Quote Post
AAC
post Jun 6 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 7,927

I didn't get the same feeling watching Alexandra as I did Leona, but if they give her some hot uptempos and market her correctly, she should be successful.

+Quote Post
Kelly
post Jun 7 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #8
I'm that chick you like...
Member No.: 3

She can definitely be successful.

However, her Tweets annoy me somewhat. Her typing seems to be quite American-ised "SHOPPING WIT MA MOMMA" etc, plus it's all "THIS SONG IS SO HOT", "SO BUSY WITH MY HOT ALBUM"-esque things which make her sound arrogant at times. I think she needs to keep her feet firmly on the ground, and afterall 1 single does not a success make. Alexandra could take a leaf out of one Leona Lewis' book. whistle.gif Alternatively she could take a look at Keisha from the Sugababes Tweets and she seems to do it with genuine excitement and grace. She seems to get all of the information across about their new material and how excited they are without bordering arrogant. Forgive me - I do like Alexandra. tongue.gif

She's a talented girl and i'll look forward to her album, aslong as she tones herself down a bit.

+Quote Post
Golowhore
post Jun 7 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 8,352
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kelly @ Jun 7 2009, 02:38 AM) *
She can definitely be successful.

However, her Tweets annoy me somewhat. Her typing seems to be quite American-ised "SHOPPING WIT MA MOMMA" etc, plus it's all "THIS SONG IS SO HOT", "SO BUSY WITH MY HOT ALBUM"-esque things which make her sound arrogant at times. I think she needs to keep her feet firmly on the ground, and afterall 1 single does not a success make. Alexandra could take a leaf out of one Leona Lewis' book. whistle.gif Alternatively she could take a look at Keisha from the Sugababes Tweets and she seems to do it with genuine excitement and grace. She seems to get all of the information across about their new material and how excited they are without bordering arrogant. Forgive me - I do like Alexandra. tongue.gif

She's a talented girl and i'll look forward to her album, aslong as she tones herself down a bit.

Lol. She really doesnt come across as arrogant to me, just extremely excited at how everything is coming together so quickly. What do you expect her to tweet, "I F****** HATE this song!" And I think she prolly means the demos they are showing her, rather than her finished product.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jun 8 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #10
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Alexandra Burke has said that she is looking forward to completing her debut album.

Writing on her official website, the X Factor winner said that she was happy to be home after working in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York.

Burke said: "LA, San Francisco and NY were all great and I can't wait to go back there! Next time I want to try and go to a theme park though lol. I haven't been to one in ages and I hear the ones out there are the best.

"I can't wait for this album to be finished so you can all hear the songs. I'm having an amazing time creating it. This is a real dream!"

Burke reportedly met with producers including Timbaland, Red One and Jay-Z while in the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a158782/...ream-debut.html

This post has been edited by thEo.: Jun 8 2009, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
Bibliotheque
post Jul 11 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 8,391
   No Gallery Pics

A song called Overcome by her has leaked and it's allegedly a demo for Leona but that's not 100% confirmed.

This post has been edited by Bibliotheque: Jul 11 2009, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
Orchard12
post Jul 11 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 6,927
   No Gallery Pics

I love it, her voice sounds sensational in it. It would be a great song to kick off her career.

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Jul 11 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #13
Robaaa
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

The UK song of Battlefield in a way laugh.gif Not bad biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rain
post Jul 11 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 4,326

I doubt Alex would do a demo for Leona. It's a nice song. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Aidan
post Jul 11 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 6,246
   No Gallery Pics

It's a good song, could be a good single.

+Quote Post
Steve D
post Jul 11 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #16
Is a Moderator :o
Member No.: 7,757

This song is just average. She needs a much better song for a lead single so i hope this isn't it. But i think this could do well as a third single.

+Quote Post
Guru
post Jul 11 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 9,209
   No Gallery Pics

Pixie Lott said...
I got asked to write for the Syco camp. I would have loved to, but Iím too busy. The songs Iím not using on my album Iím pitching out to other people.

I heard that one of the songs has been snapped up for Alex's record.... maybe just a rumour but Pixie is pretty darn lucky if one is used!

+Quote Post
Kath
post Jul 11 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Get Sexy Steve69 @ Jul 11 2009, 09:19 PM) *
This song is just average. She needs a much better song for a lead single so i hope this isn't it. But i think this could do well as a third single.

I agree - just an average song with average vocals (by that I mean - the song doesn't really call for anything more than average input). I think for longevity she needs a better song as a lead single - but in truth - any lead single will do well for her - for curiosity's sake alone. To be honest ... I think she deserves a bit better than this ... it seems like something Leona would turn down even as an album-filler.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: Jul 11 2009, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
Steve D
post Jul 11 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #19
Is a Moderator :o
Member No.: 7,757

I think she needs to come back with an up tempo track a club banger to show that she isn't a usual X Factor winner. then comeback with a second song which should be a classic ballad.

+Quote Post
Rain
post Jul 11 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 4,326

It hasn't been stated anywhere that this is the lead single and now it has leaked I really doubt it will be.

This song really has emphasised to me how Alex's voice doesn't compare to Leona's at all. Her belting is so strained and her voice is nothing special. She needs a good uptempo song to set her apart.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2022 - 02:17 AM