BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Circle • General Discussion, Various incarnations
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Dec 10 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

The first trailer is here! I hope we get it the same day as the US or close enough!

I believe this was filmed just before our second series started and they did confirm that it was filmed in Salford.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Dec 10 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
So long as it doesn’t have the usual US reality overediting, this has the potential to be even better than the UK version. We’re still too scared to be gameplayers whereas in that is what US reality shows are about and so I feel we’ll get a lot more catfishes and big moves *.*

It’s weird seeing the same apartments though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 10 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Yes this looks so good, the most recent series of The Circle UK was amazing and I know American's love their gameplay! Could be REALLY good.

I really hope we get it on Netflix UK in real time!!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Dec 14 2019, 09:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Yasssss. Michelle Buteau too! *.*

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 1 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
One episode in.. A lot to digest.. I didn't think it was a good idea to meet everyone, rank, task and boot all in an hour.
With that being said, Alana was an excellent and shocking first boot. This cast is also pretty good so far. Good diversity and great LGBTQ representation, but please bring in an old Person ASAP.

01: Joey - I'm obsessed.
02: Mercrdeze - I'm obsessed.
03: Chris - I'm going to assume most will hate because he's really the stereotypical gay.. But I disagree, I think he's being 100% himself and I'm loving it!
04: Sammy - What a great first episode hey. I really like her, but if her default all of the time is to be negative it's going to get quite annoying.
05: Alana - At least she went in with a goal to try and be herself and see if that would get her far, but she completely lacks self awareness. Glad she left.
06: Antonio - On first looks, someone I really liked.. But that all kinda came tumbling down at the end. He's not very interesting to listen to is he.
07: Rebecca - Ehhh.. Couldn't they have found a more interesting group of initial catfishes?
08: Shubham - I like the concept but he got lost in that first episode.

This far exceeded my expectations. I didn't have high hopes. I've seen no promo for this at all and I'm not sure if the format really works for Netflix. But let's see!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 2 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
We haven't got this on Netflix sad.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 2 2020, 03:14 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Shame. Episodes 2/3 were okay. Episode 4 was *.*. Great power struggle and great second boot.
Next batch of episodes is next Wednesday. I hope we get more than 12 episodes (overall, if we get another 4 next week). This is actually pretty good. Big Brother should take notes for casting.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jan 2 2020, 03:15 PM

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 2 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I wonder if Channel 4 will be airing it? (though more likely on E4 I'd imagine)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 2 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
If anything they'd probably just put it on All 4 but I really thought they'd just put it on Netflix for us too.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 2 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #10
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I guess Channel 4 are being careful that they don't want to over-saturate the format in the UK and are possibly are being careful about it being seen as a Netflix show?? I know they were pretty annoyed at the End of the f***ing World only taking off once it was on Netflix.

It would make more sense for it to be on All 4 though and they do show other international versions of reality shows on there (like Married at First Sight). I hope we do get it, especially with it being filmed in the same location!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 2 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It would be smart not to oversaturate. Honestly a part from Joey, all of the other players don't come across overly American like how they cast other US shows. It wouldn't surprise me at all if everyone bar Joey are actually transplants from America already and have lived in Europe for sometime now. I think the Basketball Player mentioned he plays for Barcelona or did at one point.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jan 2 2020, 05:31 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 6 2020, 07:53 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I binged through the first batch. Loved it. Sammy is my favourite at this point and I’m loving all the drama.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 9 2020, 02:56 PM
Post #13
Group icon
i don't like any of the new people from the second batch of episodes.

Also just like Sammy mentioned, wayyyyyy to much testosterone up in there and they only cast good-looking young people in their early 20's with a couple of LGBTQ+ token representatives and OBVIOUSLY a body-positive girl. I mean...

The Joey/Miranda thing was SO CRINGEY I just cannot.

Ed is beyond hot but only with his mouth shut. I cannot stand Bill, by far my least favourite at this point. It's going to be extremely hard to warm up to the newest additions given we only have 3 episodes left until the finale :|

Sammy to win plz but I feel Shubham/Rebecca or possibly Joey will snatch that.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 12 2020, 02:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I agree, the newbies the 2nd round were poor... and even the first round too. The main cast was stellar, the additions were questionable.
Ed/Tammy shouldn't be playing as Ed. That's boring. And yes, too many Douchebro's now. However, the good thing is their votes will pretty much cancel eachother out in a vote to win. I'm like you, I see a Shubham or Rebecca win coming.

Joey is still my favorite, I didn't like Miranda.. but seeing them together I do see some sparks! Cringe the way they did it tho... lol

I would love to see Netflix just run with this show and do what they're doing with Sugar Rush or their other Reality TV Shows. Sadly, I don't think this was enough to drive a strong American audience. They tried - some exceptionally great finds.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 13 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I wish this was available on UK Netflix or was at least shown on E4 or something sad.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 15 2020, 01:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I predicted the entire order of the Top 5 correctly *.*

So gutted to see Sammie just 3rd but all the best players finish there in the reality TV :')

As soon as Joey was revealed as the Superinfluencer I thought he was probably going to win. And he never did anything to ruffle any feathers after that so it was obvious.

Thank f*** the new players were eliminated one by one too. I liked Sean but meh. Ed was absolutely UNBEARABLE to watch. I mean listen to. I could watch him on my TV all day long in those sleeveless Ts.. or better without them *.*

Rebecca totally ruined her game by going overboard with the Adam elimination. I would react the absolute same way if I was one of the rest of the guys there. I mean who gets completely heartbroken because of some new guy who has been there for a couple of days?! Otherwise she could've definitely finished Top 3. Overall it was a very good game apart from that last hurdle, I'm impressed.

What a great initial cast indeed. Maybe that's why they were chosen as the originals..? Oh and yes can they put someone who is older than 25 in there please? A 30+ queen of gays doesn't count. And Ed's mother definitely doesn't either - it was such a pointless thing to do. I mean Ed pretty much ignored her advice the majority of the time anyway oops

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 18 2020, 06:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
...so The Circle format works on Netflix really well. You can tell that although delivered over three weeks, it wasn't filmed over three weeks. The gameplay was fast and furious.
However, yes - let down by casting. The first group was great, everyone else from there was subpar.

However, with that being said. That Final 5 is probably the best Reality TV Final 5 since Lisa, Danielle, Jason, Amy and Marcellas in BBUS3.
Chris I am just obsessed with. He has a great sense of self. Shame that it kinda fell apart for him at the end because he was 110% himself. Joey I never wavered from liking. He's loud, he's obnoxious but he's so sweet and caring. You can tell he's a stellar guy and a great ally. Sammie was quite literally everything in that Circle. Fun, energetic, whitty, bitchy, comical. She really has it all. Seaburn/Rebecca hey - I didn't like him personally, but he was an insanely good catfish. I tip my hat off to him. Well done. SHUBY YOU CAN'T DO A WRITEUP ABOUT WITHOUT CRYING HE'S PERFECT.

The first four episodes and actually the last episode and a half (once Ed left) were borderline perfection. Infact, HUGGGEEE KUDOS to Netflix. That final episode was unbelievable. I have seen every live final from BBUS, UK, AU and Survivor across the world, amongst other things. But that Finale was perfection. Edited perfectly. The final table where they all met was amazingly edited and put together. The live final with Michelle Buteau was amazing. She spoke to everyone, but it wasn't long and drawn out or short and useless like a BBUK final. They packaged together everything perfectly.

Michelle Buteau's narration and hosting the Final was exceptional - big kudos to her! I could listen to her narrate this show all day.
Joey's win was *.* - again, huge fan. But a Shubham win would have taken this series to another level.. but never judge a show on it's winner.

Good news is, in Canada, Global and ET Canada seem to be all over this. Could we see a Canadian Circle coming soon?!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Feb 1 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #18
Group icon

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 3 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Omg The Circle Brazil is coming next week. Yay!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Mar 4 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(*CENSORED* @ Mar 3 2020, 02:40 PM) *
Omg The Circle Brazil is coming next week. Yay!

I saw a quick snippit on my Netflix app. Do you know if they're running it like they did with the US Circle?
Super exciting. I'll absolutely be giving it a watch.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:07 AM